Transfers - 2021

ACE

Just my guess, but because there are so many people in the transfer portal and teams will be sorting through so many different options to fill limited spots, I’m guessing most recruitments will be quicker and recruits won’t have that long to cut down their list and make a decision. Probably best for everyone involved (including uncommitted high school kids) if these transfer recruitments don’t get too drawn out.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

So Self going to use McKissic to try to convince Goodwin to use his extra year of eligibility at KU?

That would be the “not encouraging” that I was thinking surrounding not getting a Summit league transfer. 

brianstl likes this

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

So Self going to use McKissic to try to convince Goodwin to use his extra year of eligibility at KU?

Haha I wish self would try, love to see that dude get shut down 

7 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

This is going to be a looooooooooong offseason...

Travis Ford is in a weird spot with recruiting. When he inherited the dumpster fire from before, he had playing time (the most important legal commodity in the game) in spades and no expectations because of..well, you know. Now, he really doesn't have the ability to offer a ton of PT to each kid without running off guys that he recruited. Also, he is recruiting to a team that just played in the NIT, which I think would be used against him on the trail as well. With higher expectations come more disappointment...but in one sense, I'll take that trade to avoid what Travis Ford walked into. 

Everything you said is correct but that’s the nature of the game. Most coaches (at least with competitive programs) are dealing with similar challenges.

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Haha I wish self would try, love to see that dude get shut down 

Every coach in the country isn’t doing their job if they aren’t putting feelers out there trying to get a guy like Goodwin to play for them.  Guys like Goodwin are where the payoff is for the blue blood programs in this no sit extra year of eligibility environment.  So if a program like KU jumps this quickly on McKissic, I have a hard time thinking something else isn’t up.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Every coach in the country isn’t doing their job if they aren’t putting feelers out there trying to get a guy like Goodwin to play for them.  Guys like Goodwin are where the payoff is for the blue blood programs in this no sit extra year of eligibility environment.  So if a program like KU jumps this quickly on McKissic, I have a hard time thinking something else isn’t up.

Oh you’re not wrong. I’m just saying I have nothing but faith in jgood turning down any program other than team blue 

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Or French.  He lives 70 miles from Syracuse.  Just sayin'.

brianstl likes this

The story out of KU tonight is McKissic wanted to commit to the Jayhawks today but they were not ready to bring him on yet. They have their eyes on TyTy Washington and McKissic would need to wait for that situation to play out 1st. KU feels confident about a few of their recruits and would rather have a multi year commit over a one year. It’s not a shot at McKissic, but many pieces would need to fall for him to be in Lawrence next season. The current offer he received was not a commitable offer. 

TJHawk likes this

So this article gives its opinion on the top 35 HS and Transfer recruits currently available.  It has Mizzou's Pinson at 13 and Mckissic listed at 26.  From what I have seen/read they have the order reversed.   https://theathletic.com/2469325/2021/03/24/college-basketball-player-tracker-ranking-the-35-best-available-transfers-and-high-school-recruits/

3 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

It no wonder why we don’t have a Rivals writer cause of A-holes always attacking our insider writers. Give them a damn break or do it yourself.

I really like Carter, but I understand why some people wouldn’t like him. That being said, Carter writes/tweets about the Billikens 1000% more than Stu does. I like Stu too, but if he isn’t currently working in a story, he completely disappears. But I’d bet you can find at least as much genuine Billikens info by reading this board as you could following Stu and Carter combined.

BilliesBy40 likes this

48 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

It no wonder why we don’t have a Rivals writer cause of A-holes always attacking our insider writers. Give them a damn break or do it yourself.

Just report the news. He hasn’t earned the right for me to give a about his opinions.  9/10 times we already heard it from Stu. I respect the passion but it’s rarely anything new.

bauman likes this

9 hours ago, CBFan said:

I will also add playing in the SEC and being able to attend big time football games.

I hope based on the way the team played down the stretch that no one except Perkins has a position nailed down.  

McKissic should be given a chance to take Collins pg position.

McKissic has a lot of options hopefully coming home is what he desires.

He has an equal chance to see a big time football game going to SLU as he does Mizzou