Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Dubya tee eff? Wonder what it is. McKissic already decide on his landing spot? I will be posting one guess every minute until Chapley spills the beans. 

Pretty annoying tweet by Carter I must say...

14 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

His last tweet says not a current Billiken.

Ahh

so 90% chance it’s about McKissic, 10% fletcher. Really no one else has been thought about, right?

7 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Dubya tee eff? Wonder what it is. McKissic already decide on his landing spot? I will be posting one guess every minute until Chapley spills the beans. 

Pretty annoying tweet by Carter I must say...

My guess is it looks like McKissic is headed elsewhere.

Carter is a young guy who is still learning college basketball and how best to cover a sports team. I’m sure anyone in his position would make slip-ups. Even when he says things I disagree with, I still feel lucky to have someone who seems to truly enjoy covering Billiken basketball

Just now, NH said:

Carter is a young guy who is still learning college basketball and how best to cover a sports team. I’m sure anyone in his position would make slip-ups. Even when he says things I disagree with, I still feel lucky to have someone who seems to truly enjoy covering Billiken basketball

very true... fun to have the passion there... Hope he learns from this slip-up and doesn't do it again because no doubt whoever likes to give him information will not like this speculation.

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

McKissic was supposed to talk to Self and the rest of KU’s staff at 3. So the timing would lead me to believe that McKissic is likely to commit to KU.

$10 it’s this and Carter was just being annoyingly dramatic (I generally very much appreciate his reporting and his feed)

2 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

I’m hearing Mckissic has an offer from KU, I would hope that isn’t what Chapley thinks is bad news

Well KU wasn’t going to schedule him for a meeting with Bill Self if McKissic wasn’t going to get an offer.

2 minutes ago, StlBills said:

D0960057-6CF6-485A-87C4-5BD8BDA85CE8.jpeg

Maybe I’m missing something about McKissic, but if he doesn’t come to SLU, whatever. I’m sure he’d be a nice add to SLU, but I’m not going to get discouraged by it if he goes somewhere else. 

If this is the big “not encouraging news” for SLU fans, I’ll take that as a win.

kshoe, JettFlight5, Zink and 2 others like this

It adds up that he might be committing to KU based on this timeline: Kansas is recruiting multiple grad transfer guards and probably wants an answer from one of them soon, Coach 314 says McKissic may not have as much time as he originally thought to make a decision, Self meets with and offers McKissic, Carter says we may hear bad news.

If that is the case and he does end up going to Kansas, good for him and hope he is able to make a difference there. Working your butt off for 4 years at a low-major and earning a chance at a power program isn't the worst story in college basketball these days.

Coach314, Zink and StlBills like this

3 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Maybe I’m missing something about McKissic, but if he doesn’t come to SLU, whatever. I’m sure he’d be a nice add to SLU, but I’m not going to get discouraged by it if he goes somewhere else. 

If this is the big “not encouraging news” for SLU fans, I’ll take that as a win.

I’m used to that last sentence being much worse.

I'm sure that he would disagree with this take, but I think Carter is being passive aggressive about McKissic because he was so far off in his original assessment of his recruitment.  First McKissic is just another guy and now his receiving an offer from Kansas is not so encouraging news for Billiken Nation.  If he's going to do this for every recruit, this will be a looong offseasson. 

Being a sports media guy on twitter is a big responsibility.  Herm Edwards gave some advice on thoughtful social media usage to athletes years ago but media folks could also learn something from him:

NH likes this

This is going to be a looooooooooong offseason...

Travis Ford is in a weird spot with recruiting. When he inherited the dumpster fire from before, he had playing time (the most important legal commodity in the game) in spades and no expectations because of..well, you know. Now, he really doesn't have the ability to offer a ton of PT to each kid without running off guys that he recruited. Also, he is recruiting to a team that just played in the NIT, which I think would be used against him on the trail as well. With higher expectations come more disappointment...but in one sense, I'll take that trade to avoid what Travis Ford walked into.