Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

And his overall contract runs through 2024.  I believe his two NCAA appearances make his buyout much larger, and their athletic department is in the red.  

Isn’t that kind of creative accounting? They haven’t had too much trouble raising $ for recent football upgrades, so if the right folks want him out a year from now $ won’t be much of a factor in my opinion. I know fans aren’t high on him, but I’m not sure how the $ folks in Columbia view Cuonzo. The optics currently are kind of bad, fans want a guy fired who has 2 tournament appearances in 4 seasons coming off of Kim Anderson.

3star_recruit likes this

46 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I agree, but there’s a pretty big difference between trying to fill in a couple roster holes with the portal and trying to replace (assuming none of the seniors come back with the free year, that could obviously change) 5 of your top-6 players in minutes played, plus your backup point guard in Buggs. Finding 6 transfers at all different positions who are going to be ready to immediately compete in the SEC seems pretty far-fetched too.

I'm no fan of Cuonzo/Mizzou, but he did take over a 10 win or so Kim Andersen team and take them to the NCAA tourney the next year when he was hired. He did it on the promise of playing with Michael Porter Jr., but it was still a major turn-around. This transfer market and available playing time is tailor made for him.

Take McKissic. He may prefer Ford and SLU, but Cuonzo is going to rightly point out that Yuri is the starting PG, Gibson and Thatch are going to play a lot and Perkins is going to take most of the shots.

Also, no chance Cuonzo gets fired after taking a team that was predicted 10th in the SEC into the NCAA tourney.   

A10Ref likes this

I know some on here seem to be dialed in locally, has there been any additional noise around where Fletcher might end up? I thought I saw Florida State was considered a favorite.

Also, has anyone seen the rumors about Caleb Love possibly leaving UNC after one season?

And the last local rumor I am looking to see if anyone has knowledge of, Mario McKinney kicked off of his JUCO team? Who is the local TMZ to answer my word vomit questions?!?!

24 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I'm no fan of Cuonzo/Mizzou, but he did take over a 10 win or so Kim Andersen team and take them to the NCAA tourney the next year when he was hired. He did it on the promise of playing with Michael Porter Jr., but it was still a major turn-around. This transfer market and available playing time is tailor made for him.

Take McKissic. He may prefer Ford and SLU, but Cuonzo is going to rightly point out that Yuri is the starting PG, Gibson and Thatch are going to play a lot and Perkins is going to take most of the shots.

Also, no chance Cuonzo gets fired after taking a team that was predicted 10th in the SEC into the NCAA tourney.   

I will also add playing in the SEC and being able to attend big time football games.

I hope based on the way the team played down the stretch that no one except Perkins has a position nailed down.  

McKissic should be given a chance to take Collins pg position.

McKissic has a lot of options hopefully coming home is what he desires.

32 minutes ago, kshoe said:

McKissic doesn't have to hear it from Martin that's pretty much what he's hearing from SLU.

4 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I will also add playing in the SEC and being able to attend big time football games.

I hope based on the way the team played down the stretch that no one except Perkins has a position nailed down.  

McKissic should be given a chance to take Collins pg position.

McKissic has a lot of options hopefully coming home is what he desires.

Any knowledge on McKissic being a good or bad teammate? Obviously I think his stats fit the need, but I want someone that won't sap Perkins or any one else by being a bad teammate above all. Truly just inquiring.. I have zero info on the subject

4 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Any knowledge on McKissic being a good or bad teammate? Obviously I think his stats fit the need, but I want someone that won't sap Perkins or any one else by being a bad teammate above all. Truly just inquiring.. I have zero info on the subject

Great kid and teammate, checks all of the boxes there.

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Great kid and teammate, checks all of the boxes there.

Glad to hear! Seems like a great get if we can snag him... Thankful to have a coach I truly trust on these matters regardless of outcome. I can't argue anything other than Travis being elite in this stuff.

Indiana's Race Bannon, er, Race Thompson enters the portal. Now waiting on transfer news from Jonny and Hadji, stay with Dr. Quest or go rogue. Count now at 804.

SMU's Charles Smith IV enters the portal. 6'5 shooting guard, absolute sniper from three. Travis, make the call. I'm searching for his number as we speak.

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Mario McKinney is headed to New Mexico State. I know nobody cares, but I just posted his name a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd let you all in on the conversation I am having with myself.

Another interesting transfer out of the Land of Enchanment is 6’7” walk-on forward Logan Padgett, son of Scott, who played for his pops for a year at Samford and then packed up for Albuquerque. Since the Lobos hired Richard Pitino, there’s been an exodus out of the Pit.

With Ford and Padgett the elder both sons of BBN, I’m wondering if there might be a call made. Could be a body if FO or JB run into foul trouble.

Per the interview with Frank C, McKissic said he wanted to decide by the end of April, beginning of May. Once the coaching carousel stops spinning my expectation is that open slots will fill quickly. While I admire McKissic having a plan I hope his preferred locations remain open.  

CBFan likes this

16 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Lol well Bill Self called him today.  As well as VCU

Coach, do you have any inside information on what McKissic is looking for in his new team.  Is he just going to go with the biggest name?  Does he want guaranteed playing time?  Does playing in his hometown mean anything to him?

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Mario McKinney is headed to New Mexico State. I know nobody cares, but I just posted his name a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd let you all in on the conversation I am having with myself.

I will talk to you so you don’t have to have a conversation with yourself.

The new transfer rule for this year is something else and a great conversation subject for basketball boards who’s favorite teams have finished their seasons.

I cannot wait to see who coach Ford signs to send us off to a summer of excited conversation about the possibilities of Billiken basketball next season.

I was curious about where Mario McKinney went too.

TheChosenOne likes this

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

The SLU sales pitch to McKissic is pretty simple. We're losing our 2nd leading scorer, we only have one other returning player who was a double digit scorer, so there are plenty of opportunities to score. Plus, you get to play alongside an effective pass first PG.  You could slide in and be our second double digit scorer, plus we need to strengthen our perimeter defense. There will be plenty of playing time for a player who can deliver those two things. Oh, and your parents can easily watch you play every game in person. 

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

The new transfer rule for this year is something else and a great conversation subject for basketball boards who’s favorite teams have finished their seasons.

It really is something else, seemingly every few hours there is a name that pops up that is intriguing to me. For the record, I did not want SLU to pursue McKinney, but was interested to see where he would end up as a local hoops junkie.

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

The SLU sales pitch to McKissic is pretty simple. We're losing our 2nd leading scorer, we only have one other returning player who was a double digit scorer, so there are plenty of opportunities to score. Plus, you get to play alongside an effective pass first PG.  You could slide in and be our second double digit scorer, plus we need to strengthen our perimeter defense. There will be plenty of playing time for a player who can deliver those two things. Oh, and your parents can easily watch you play every game in person. 

I agree with all of that, but would add that he would get time at PG as well.