Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A10 additions into the portal ---- Greg Calixte (Mason), Rodnet Chatman (Dayton) and Carter Collins (Davidson).  Looking to use that extra year to finish better?

Rumor is that UNC players Bacot, Brooks, and Love will enter the transfer portal. Sharpe will declare for the draft. Not confirmed but usually a pretty solid source texted me this.

3 hours ago, CBFan said:

Thank you for posting the information.

6.5 points per game fg percentage of 39 percent and ft percentage 63 percent.

Good size at 6’ 4” 190.

I wonder what his potential is because his stats are just okay.

Pistol or 3 star what are your thoughts on Madsen?

Madsen was a 180 shooter out of high school who missed the first 8 games of Cincinnati's season due to an ankle injury.  Even though his shot was erratic as a freshman, he demonstrated a nice all-around game off the bench.  His 10 pt, 4 rebound performance was crucial in helping Cinci knock off Wichita State in the conference tournament. 

We've got three scholarships open.  Madsen has four years of eligibility.  The posters who want us to sign a high school player with one of the scholarships should love that there's mutual interest.  Madsen has already shown he can be an effective player at this level.  

CBFan likes this

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Rumor is that UNC players Bacot, Brooks, and Love will enter the transfer portal. Sharpe will declare for the draft. Not confirmed but usually a pretty solid source texted me this.

I know he had a rough first year, but would we want to take a flyer on Love in case he wants to come back home?

9 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Madsen was a 180 shooter out of high school who missed the first 8 games of Cincinnati's season due to an ankle injury.  Even though his shot was erratic as a freshman, he demonstrated a nice all-around game off the bench.  His 10 pt, 4 rebound performance was crucial in helping Cinci knock off Wichita State in the conference tournament. 

We've got three scholarships open.  Madsen has four years of eligibility.  The posters who want us to sign a high school player with one of the scholarships should love that there's mutual interest.  Madsen has already shown he can be an effective player at this level.  

Thank you for the information.

8 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Lol yeah you’re right, that was a dumb question. A better question is would he be interested in coming to slu. Did we ever have any sort of chance?

Not that I’m aware of, although others on the board follow recruiting closer. I believe the only local team he considered was Mizzou.

11 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I only watched him once and it was the game you referenced, but he had some savviness about his game that I liked. He honestly looked like what I was expecting Luke Kasubke to develop into, but Luke's game kind of stalled. A guy who can shoot it (despite the numbers maybe not being great), but a sneaky good athlete with some all around skills. Based on that game I was actually quite intrigued to track him down the road. Assuming that game wasn't a huge outlier, this is a name that certainly interests me. Again, I am going off of one game, but a game where he kind of struck me as having some of those qualities we often see kids at Villanova have in spades. I remember looking him up because he struck me as being a Philly or Jersey kid only to see he is from Minnesota.

15 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I heard an interview where Cuonzo was asked about seniors coming back and was quite surprised by his response which was essentially guys need to move onto the next phase of their life/career and that if a senior wanted to come back for another year they would have to sell him on why it is beneficial to them. Really surprised given he has no team for next season, but I guess it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I talked to one of my mizzou friends about this.  Pretty much he said that Martin only talks about making boys into men, that is his whole reason to be a coach.  He doesn't care about W's or L's, just being a role model and helping kids. - While that is great, if you're a fan that has to get annoying fast.  

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I talked to one of my mizzou friends about this.  Pretty much he said that Martin only talks about making boys into men, that is his whole reason to be a coach.  He doesn't care about W's or L's, just being a role model and helping kids. - While that is great, if you're a fan that has to get annoying fast.  

that's just coach speak and messaging to save his a**... Mizzou is about to have some bad years, and they had four seniors playing significant minutes, if not starting, this year. This was the "show me" year for them, and they finished 7th in the league with as early of a departure as you can have against a covid-stricken OU.

someoneelse likes this

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yeah when I think of coach poach, integrity and character are what come first and foremost to mind.......

thatskablamo likes this

9 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Yeah when I think of coach poach, integrity and character are what come first and foremost to mind.......

A creative excuse to keep your job that requires good recruits and coaching that he is failing at.

Blue font, the university looks horrible if they fire coach Martin, all he wanted to do was turn boys into good men.

6 minutes ago, CBFan said:

A creative excuse to keep your job that requires good recruits and coaching that he is failing at.

Blue font, the university looks horrible if they fire coach Martin, all he wanted to do was turn boys into good men.

Also to note here, Missouri cannot fire Martin until end of 2022 season

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

would think all coaches would get a free year like the players from this BS year.

I think they all should get benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately for cuonzo - he's losing about 75% of his scoring with the seniors and pinson, so I don't have too much faith that he'll also get a pass for next year

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

-my gosh, writing off any team for next season with the unprecedented number of potential players to fill a roster seems out of touch

Good post it will be interesting who comes out ahead in the new free agent market.

Someone like Rick Pitino should be able to build one heck of a team of free agents and possibly compete for a national championship at Iona of all places.

What will the NCAA think if a school that never had a shot before the transfer rule change wins it all.

More importantly is how the power conferences would feel about that.

8 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-my gosh, writing off any team for next season with the unprecedented number of potential players to fill a roster seems out of touch

very true, but writing off a cuonzo team with a bunch of newcomers doesn't seem out of touch to me

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Ridiculous that anybody would buy this. It's just a pitch to the parents of recruits. IF his primary professional goal is "helping kids" he would not be a multi-million dollar coach working with a small group of 13 college aged kids who are athletically talented enough to earn D1 scholarships. Especially in a profession where your bosses - the AD and boosters - measure you by wins and losses. There are a LOT of other professions one would go into if they were truly motivated by "helping kids."

44 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Also to note here, Missouri cannot fire Martin until end of 2022 season

And his overall contract runs through 2024.  I believe his two NCAA appearances make his buyout much larger, and their athletic department is in the red.  

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

I agree, but there’s a pretty big difference between trying to fill in a couple roster holes with the portal and trying to replace (assuming none of the seniors come back with the free year, that could obviously change) 5 of your top-6 players in minutes played, plus your backup point guard in Buggs. Finding 6 transfers at all different positions who are going to be ready to immediately compete in the SEC seems pretty far-fetched too.

A10Ref likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Blue font me here, but I think he said he wanted to go see Boyz II Men if anyone was interested. But you’re right, Mizzou is already on bended knee with all of the racial allegations and protests on campus. Could very well be the end of the road if that happened. 

I couldn’t help it, CB.