Transfers - 2021

ACE

16 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Wake Forest transfer and former SLU recruit Ismael Massoud is looking for a situation where can play as a stretch four.  He has three years of eligibility:

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Wake-Forest-Ismael-Massoud-162957973/

“This year I had to play a lot of big down low at the five, but I feel like my natural position where I can be the most effective is more as a wing or a stretch four so I'm looking at that as well.”

I think a stretch four along with a 2 would be really good fits on this roster. But was this a Van Macon recruiting target originally? That was always my sense of it since he's from NYC. Not to say we couldn't still get in the running. Could be a really nice A10 player.

I would like to have an assistant with East Coast connections again. I thought that was a good move by Ford when he assembled his original staff. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Wake Forest transfer and former SLU recruit Ismael Massoud is looking for a situation where can play as a stretch four.  He has three years of eligibility:

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Wake-Forest-Ismael-Massoud-162957973/

“This year I had to play a lot of big down low at the five, but I feel like my natural position where I can be the most effective is more as a wing or a stretch four so I'm looking at that as well.”

This would be a perfect fit.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Aaron Wheeler, a 6'9 Purdue rotation player is moving on.  We offered him out of high school:

Get this guy! He's surely related to former Grawer assistant Jackson Wheeler. He's the one who recruited JUCO cornerstones Travis Tadysak and Mike Ivester, the "meat and potatoes" of the Bonner era lineup!!!

1 minute ago, VeniceMenace said:

Get this guy! He's surely related to former Grawer assistant Jackson Wheeler. He's the one who recruited JUCO cornerstones Travis Tadysak and Mike Ivester, the "meat and potatoes" of the Bonner era lineup!!!

You forgot to mention the enigma that was Tony Manuel.

VeniceMenace likes this

53 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Xavier Pinson leaving Mizzou. Was recruited heavily by SLU if I remember correctly. 

Assuming all the seniors leave, Mizzou has next to 0 returning minutes from guards (I guess Watson is coming back, but he didn't play much).  I say this because if McKissic is looking for playing time a lateral move from UMKC to UMC would be a good way to go.  I hope that isn't the case, but as of right now he'd absolutely be running the show there.

Cuonzo is going to need beg Seniors to return or do some really heavy lifting on the transfer market if Mizzou has hopes of being remotely good next year, right?

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Cuonzo is going to need beg Seniors to return or do some really heavy lifting on the transfer market if Mizzou has hopes of being remotely good next year, right?

I heard an interview where Cuonzo was asked about seniors coming back and was quite surprised by his response which was essentially guys need to move onto the next phase of their life/career and that if a senior wanted to come back for another year they would have to sell him on why it is beneficial to them. Really surprised given he has no team for next season, but I guess it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

This would be a perfect fit.

RED ALERT RED ALERT - We DO NOT want Massoud. I watched him numerous times this year and he is not good. He’s a Fordham level player at best, more like NEC, MAAC, and so on. Skinny, can’t rebound or defend, poor shot selection, and only hit 31% from the arc with an 8-10 game against Pitt. 
Wake was so short of players this year he had to play, otherwise, he would not get off the bench for any ACC team.

If he shows up in a Billiken uniform, I’ll take a sabbatical from SLU hoops.

5 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

Thank you for posting the information.

6.5 points per game fg percentage of 39 percent and ft percentage 63 percent.

Good size at 6’ 4” 190.

I wonder what his potential is because his stats are just okay.

Pistol or 3 star what are your thoughts on Madsen?

40 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I was thinking more of the interest McKissic would now have for Mizzou.  Not sure what they have coming in next year tho.  

mizzou will be very short of guards next year, some on mizzou boards think McKissic could not play at the sec level. if he went to mizzou he would be the best guard on their roster

3 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

mizzou will be very short of guards next year, some on mizzou boards think McKissic could not play at the sec level. if he went to mizzou he would be the best guard on their roster

He might be the only guard on the roster.  😄

59 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I was thinking more of the interest McKissic would now have for Mizzou.  Not sure what they have coming in next year tho.  

There will be plenty of playing time for McKissic at Mizzou next year given their lack of guards. However, it would seem to me a bit of a waste to use your one year away from UMKC and not get a chance at the dance. Mizzou will likely be picked to finish last or near last in the SEC next season, rebuilding year for sure.