Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, almaman said:

if all 355 teams have 13 players that's 4615 D-1 players. so already 15% are in the TP. me know like this @all. the facade that it's all about the education is now silly as can be. 

I've heard that coaches are expecting ~1500 in the portal when all is said and done. 

The difference this year is guys who are graduating and have played 4 years still have another year they can use. Hypothetically a guy like Goodwin could put his name in the portal to go play a 5th year somewhere else. So the % figure is going to be not exactly accurate when you factor that 5th year in. 

There is also a good chance to find some under recruited high school guys if programs decide to go heavy on the 5th year route. I'm hoping Travis zigs when others zag on that one. 

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

I've heard that coaches are expecting ~1500 in the portal when all is said and done. 

The difference this year is guys who are graduating and have played 4 years still have another year they can use. Hypothetically a guy like Goodwin could put his name in the portal to go play a 5th year somewhere else. So the % figure is going to be not exactly accurate when you factor that 5th year in. 

There is also a good chance to find some under recruited high school guys if programs decide to go heavy on the 5th year route. I'm hoping Travis zigs when others zag on that one. 

I'm with you on this one. Let's assume we have 4 schollys to give because we get one transfer away. In a dream world, I'd go with McKissic, a PF/Center transfer and then two under the radar freshmen that are talented but don't expect playing time in their first year because they have been under-recruited.

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I'm with you on this one. Let's assume we have 4 schollys to give because we get one transfer away. In a dream world, I'd go with McKissic, a PF/Center transfer and then two under the radar freshmen that are talented but don't expect playing time in their first year because they have been under-recruited.

Yeah I feel like the transfer market has gotten so much attention that lots of people in the college basketball community have stopped talking about high school recruits

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I want a pure scorer, whether that be mckissic or someone else at the guard position. JP needs help in that category - he can't do it alone. Then I think another big transfer would be nice, and I would take another freshman transfer(seems to be a few of those floating around that would have four years of eligibility) then one HS kid. All in all, I am right there with you on this kshoe.

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Yeah I feel like the transfer market has gotten so much attention that lots of people in the college basketball community have stopped talking about high school recruits

Very true, but now we have a one year window to have a system that the NBA has created for themselves. NBA forces kids to be 19 or one year in college i believe to declare for the draft. They do that because it is a free development league to send kids to college. With transfers being waved and a year of eligibility not counting with covid, we now have scouting and development on someone else's buck... so why not take advantage of it with transfers. With that being said, high school seniors are getting screwed, so there is another area to take advantage of. Seems like a win-win for us.

58 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I think I read Chapley or somebody tweet we currently have 3 scholarships available. I only count 2 with the departures of Goodwin and French. Am I missing something? Do we get to add a 14th spot even though Perkins is staying?

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think I read Chapley or somebody tweet we currently have 3 scholarships available. I only count 2 with the departures of Goodwin and French. Am I missing something? Do we get to add a 14th spot even though Perkins is staying?

Yes. If a senior uses their free 5th year that doesn’t go against a teams scholarship count

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Seniors who opt to use their additional year of eligibility do not count against the limit. SLU has 3 scholarships to give even if all 3 seniors return. The only way a current senior counts, is if they transfer from another institution. For instance, someone like McKissic would count against SLU’s limit. 

42 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I could have put up the numbers Mickey Pearson did at TCU. My goodness he was BAD

I remember thinking that he was potentially a real diamond in the rough, and I was going to be sick if he bailed on SLU and crushed it somewhere else. A prep year, a redshirt year, and now finally gets on the court this year, only to average 1.2 ppg. Wow.

17 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I remember thinking that he was potentially a real diamond in the rough, and I was going to be sick if he bailed on SLU and crushed it somewhere else. A prep year, a redshirt year, and now finally gets on the court this year, only to average 1.2 ppg. Wow.

look at his %s

2 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

Haha the mighty Miskster is on the move again.

Blue font, we better hurry and offer big Mick.

Wake Forest transfer and former SLU recruit Ismael Massoud is looking for a situation where can play as a stretch four.  He has three years of eligibility:

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Wake-Forest-Ismael-Massoud-162957973/

“This year I had to play a lot of big down low at the five, but I feel like my natural position where I can be the most effective is more as a wing or a stretch four so I'm looking at that as well.”