Transfers - 2021

ACE

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here’s an article about how McKissic will be in high demand:

https://247sports.com/Article/UMKC-senior-Brandon-McKissic-hits-the-transfer-market-162881730/

From the article: “Saint Louis University will surely try to make a play to bring McKissic home for his final year of eligibility, but the competition is going to be stiff and at 247Sports we are expecting some fairly high level programs to get involved.”

Apparently Mr. Chapley doesn't know any of this because all he saw was "Summit League", turned his brain off and started tweeting.

Bills_06 likes this

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here’s an article about how McKissic will be in high demand:

https://247sports.com/Article/UMKC-senior-Brandon-McKissic-hits-the-transfer-market-162881730/

From the article: “Saint Louis University will surely try to make a play to bring McKissic home for his final year of eligibility, but the competition is going to be stiff and at 247Sports we are expecting some fairly high level programs to get involved.”

He checks a lot of the boxes we need. Good perimeter defense topping the list, which is an area the team needs to improve and adding another reliable 3-point shooter. He even has decent assist numbers, which we're going to need a secondary playmaker with JG's departure.

For McKissic, I think it depends upon whether it will be a good fit in terms of his expectations.  He would absolutely be a good addition for SLU and fill a need, but he's not going to get the keys to the offense for 1 season especially with Yuri running point and Perkins coming back.  He can be a stud on D for us and an excellent shooting guard / backup PG to Yuri.  Good news for us is that none of the power conference teams will give him keys to the offense either.

6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-can the scheme a team runs on defense negate an individual player's ability to use their defensive skills?

I say no.

2 hours ago, BACKHANDtheRICAN said:

also recruiting with Bitcoin seems like a game changer.

Too much technology for an old f..ck like me. I'll stick to the briefcase. I don't know about Box, we may have to enlist someone for that responsibility. 

3 hours ago, NH said:

I’m all in on Mckissic to SLU. He’s the perfect fit for what we need in terms of ballhandling, playmaking and perimeter defense 

Wasn't sold on him until I read that article.  Sounds like the perfect fit.  Too bad he has only a year of eligibility.