Transfers - 2021

ACE

2 minutes ago, NH said:

Pistol - two quick follow ups: where did you see Burnett was down to 5 schools? I read an article a month or so ago that those were the 5 he’d heard from but didn’t see him actually cut down on a list?

On Donavan Clay, the guy who put in the crystal ball didn’t actually have any insider info. So I’m not sure we even know for sure that SLU has reached out to him.

@CBBTransfers is saying so on Twitter - although now that you mention it, I can't back it up anywhere.

I don't think the Crystal Ball was based on anything solid. Just pointing out that it exists.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Former SLU recruits in the transfer portal, updated. Current school in parentheses, followed by next year's class status and expected remaining eligibility, including COVID bonus year.

Had an offer from SLU at some point:
Nimari Burnett (Texas Tech) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Michael Christmas (James Madison) - Junior, 3 Years
Cam'Ron Fletcher (Kentucky) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Elijah Joiner (Tulsa) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Jamal Mashburn, Jr. (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Markquis Nowell (Little Rock) - Senior, 2 Years
KyKy Tandy (Xavier) - Junior, 3 Years
Dallas Watson (Saint Peter's) - Senior, 2 Years
Wyatt Yess (Yale) - Grad Transfer, 1-2 Years (Yale didn't play this season)

Had SLU interest at some point:
Ron Artest, III (CSU-Northridge) - Senior, 2 Years
Donovan Clay (Valpo) - Junior, 3 Years
Tray Hollowell (Wofford) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Cooper Neese (Indiana State) - Senior, 2 Years

We didn't really recruit Donovan Clay out of HS, but both are worth including. I've also eliminated players that have committed elsewhere.

I may have missed names, so keep them coming as you see new ones pop up or if you notice any omissions.

-do you think we were we close to getting any of these guys back when?

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nearly 50 transfers in the last 5 hours, already closing in on 600.  Is this fun or crazy?

Fun unless some of our guys enter the transfer portal.

44 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-do you think we were we close to getting any of these guys back when?

Hard to say. None stand out as guys that were close misses. Some we barely recruited, others had committable offers. And a lot has changed between the original recruitment for each and today.

I'd love to make a push for Tandy and Mashburn. I like Joiner and Nowell but don't know if I like the fits as much. I get the feeling Fletcher is going elsewhere. Not particularly interested in Christmas, Yess, Artest, or Watson. Neese, Hollowell, and Clay are all worth a look.

48 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nearly 50 transfers in the last 5 hours, already closing in on 600.  Is this fun or crazy?

And there are at least 92 teams still playing, so those players wouldn't announce until after their team is out of the NCAA/NIT/CBI tourney.

Hey @SluSignGuy, how about a CBI Bracket????  My money is on Army.  (No Steve, I'm not serious.)

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

And there are at least 92 teams still playing, so those players wouldn't announce until after their team is out of the NCAA/NIT/CBI tourney.

Hey @SluSignGuy, how about a CBI Bracket????  My money is on Army.  (No Steve, I'm not serious.)

Good call.  Army is the team that kept the powerhouse Colgate from going undefeated entering the NCAAs.

Omg, could we please get Fatts Russell... his name just makes me laugh

Can A-10 players transfer within the conference, without a penalty ?0

26 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Fatts already played 4 years.  He wasn't expected back.   St. Bonaventure, VCU and Davidson will still be good.

Fatts also has shot Rhodey out of plenty of games these last couple years. I like his skill set and would welcome him on my team, but he wasn’t exactly making them better this past season in my opinion.

I don’t know whether this transfer season will help or hurt the A10. Given the Tre Mitchell news and George Mason exodus, it’s probably not going to be a positive. But St Bonaventure is in the final 3 for a 20 point scorer from Wagner. Dayton is in the mix for some big transfers. Cam Fletcher could be a game changer at SLU if he’s interested. Many more good players will join the A10 this free agency. 

19 hours ago, Pistol said:

Former SLU recruits in the transfer portal, updated. Current school in parentheses, followed by next year's class status and expected remaining eligibility, including COVID bonus year.

Had an offer from SLU at some point:
Nimari Burnett (Texas Tech) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Michael Christmas (James Madison) - Junior, 3 Years
Cam'Ron Fletcher (Kentucky) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Elijah Joiner (Tulsa) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Jamal Mashburn, Jr. (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Markquis Nowell (Little Rock) - Senior, 2 Years
KyKy Tandy (Xavier) - Junior, 3 Years
Dallas Watson (Saint Peter's) - Senior, 2 Years
Wyatt Yess (Yale) - Grad Transfer, 1-2 Years (Yale didn't play this season)

Had SLU interest at some point:
Ron Artest, III (CSU-Northridge) - Senior, 2 Years
Donovan Clay (Valpo) - Junior, 3 Years
Tray Hollowell (Wofford) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Cooper Neese (Indiana State) - Senior, 2 Years

We didn't really recruit Donovan Clay out of HS, but both are worth including. I've also eliminated players that have committed elsewhere.

I may have missed names, so keep them coming as you see new ones pop up or if you notice any omissions.

Two more former offers hit the portal:

Madut Akec (South Florida) - Sophomore, 3 Years
Symir Torrence (Marquette) - Sophomore, 3 Years

Both have been disappointing at their respective schools.

By the way, Cincinnati is now up to 6 outgoing transfers, which is insane for a school without a coaching change. Word on the street is that they all hate Brannen. I don't know if there are any specific incidents, but this many transfers in a season reminds me of the Gregg Marshall situation at Wichita State.

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

Dont get cocky.......glad to see no Billikens in the transfer portal......

yet

willie likes this

18 hours ago, ACE said:

I assume the APR is basically done at this point right? That farce of a tool was being used to judge graduation rates and the teams most affected were the ones that had a lot of transfers. Given that ALL teams are going to have transfers at this point, they should just do away with it.