Transfers - 2021

ACE

8 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Sooooo I am now hearing that there's a chance Phil won't be returning.  

Wow not the freshman I was expecting to possibly leave.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, Aquinas said:

I don't know if it happened to Fletcher, but I think too many of these young recruits have coachs tell them to go to their schools and they can be one and done. Then when it doesnt happen, a player suddenly faces a different reality. Like having to take school seriously, and having to work much harder for success.

Kind of like Nesbitt at Memphis?

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Sooooo I am now hearing that there's a chance Phil won't be returning.  

This wouldn’t be shocking.  If SLU isn’t going to guarantee Phil a scholarship, it makes a ton of sense for him to go elsewhere where he’ll get a free education and playing time.  For SLUs sake I hope he stays, is content to backup Yuri & hopefully develops into a great player, but for his sake I just hope he finds the right situation for him.

slufanskip, Zink and cgeldmacher like this

36 minutes ago, meerkat said:

No worry here. Recruiting boards and accounts like this always ignore SLU. 247 never bothered to update the list in 2019 to include Javonte and they never put Markhi on the list last year.

12 minutes ago, StlBills said:

It looks like Tre Mitchell will transfer per Jon Rothstein.

There are theories out there that open free agency will help mid-majors as much as it hurts because disenfranchised players at P6 schools will want to transfer down to get playing time, but stuff like this is just a killer.

ACE likes this

2 minutes ago, kshoe said:

There are theories out there that open free agency will help mid-majors as much as it hurts because disenfranchised players at P6 schools will want to transfer down to get playing time, but stuff like this is just a killer.

Remember it’s just this year.

Just now, SLURadioBoy said:

I caught the tail end of Frank talking about the Fletcher recruitment today. It sounds like SLU is very high on Hargrove and aren’t sure if Fletcher would be a good fit or not.

Translation: Fletcher isn’t interested 

20 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I caught the tail end of Frank talking about the Fletcher recruitment today. It sounds like SLU is very high on Hargrove and aren’t sure if Fletcher would be a good fit or not.

Hargrove > fletcher, let’s ride.