Extra Game Next Week?

kshoe

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think we need a game against anyone who is in the top 100 of the NET. I just don't like the idea of sitting idle while everyone else has a chance to improve their resumes. A top 30 game is of course ideal but any win is going to help. I know my thoughts don't matter but I am disappointed. 

13 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I still think we need a game against anyone who is in the top 100 of the NET. I just don't like the idea of sitting idle while everyone else has a chance to improve their resumes. A top 30 game is of course ideal but any win is going to help. I know my thoughts don't matter but I am disappointed. 

Per Coach Ford in his interview with Bob Ramsey that I heard on Facebook, and which aired on KMOX, SLU is trying to get a game.  

It sounds like there are issues beyond SLU's control, such as one team, unnamed, cited by Coach Ford, wanted to play us, but has already played the maximum allowed number of games.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Per Coach Ford in his interview with Bob Ramsey that I heard on Facebook, and which aired on KMOX, SLU is trying to get a game.  

It sounds like there are issues beyond SLU's control, such as one team, unnamed, cited by Coach Ford, wanted to play us, but has already played the maximum allowed number of games.

It’s easy to say you want to play someone when you know you’re out of games. 

JMM28 likes this

Not sure where to post this since neither team would have any interest in or incentive to playing SLU this weekend but this BYU v Zags game has been really fun to watch. BYU’s players move so well without the ball and they do a great job attacking the rim and then kicking it out for a 3 when they don’t have a decent shot. SLU would be a hard team to beat if they did those 2 things well. 

Completely forgot that Haarms kid transferred to BYU. Always disliked him and his cockatiel haircut...

TheChosenOne likes this

11 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Not sure where to post this since neither team would have any interest in or incentive to playing SLU this weekend but this BYU v Zags game has been really fun to watch. BYU’s players move so well without the ball and they do a great job attacking the rim and then kicking it out for a 3 when they don’t have a decent shot. SLU would be a hard team to beat if they did those 2 things well. 

Completely forgot that Haarms kid transferred to BYU. Always disliked him and his cockatiel haircut...

BYU and the Zags play like the Bills did in non-conference. In the A10, these guys would have to face a lot more slashers and interior grinders. I am not sure how either team would do. Haarms is a great rim protector.e BYU would be able to survive, but i don’t think they would beat us, the Bonnies, or VCU. The zags look soft inside on defense. I doubt they could go undefeated in the A10, and I really do not like their chances for the championship now. They will just have to stay hot from outside, and pray for soft foul calls.

billiken_roy likes this

Looks like no extra game. Gonna roll the dice and see if their current resume is enough. Maybe we'll be the VCU of 2011.

-"best to play a game before Friday" to go Old Guy, that means today (Wed) or tomorrow (Thur), I am fairly certain CFord told Frank the NCST came about in less than 24 hours

-my question, why is "before Friday" in this? why not Friday or Saturday? clearly not the case that the Committee can't process information on these days as conference tournaments end even as late as Sunday afternoon

Maybe I'm a little off on this.

1) Ford was told he needs to play another game, he wasn't told he has to play a team in the top 50. 

2) I may be too optimistic, but I feel SLU is very close to 50/50 on getting in as is.  What's the point in playing another game that would also be a toss up?

For me, Id either like to play a game that's highly winnable, or just go with what he have right now. 

At this point, you could consider it a play in game if you schedule the right team.  The idea would be that you would control your destiny rather than not.  I'm not sold on the idea either, but I think that is what Ford and our Athletic Dept. is thinking.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

I would do it, but Ford's comments leave me thinking SLU might think this game is too high risk.  I don't get the comments from Ford on 101 the other day.  Seems like the program is oddly over confident about their chances.  They may end up being correct, but I would prefer we put our chances in our own hands as much as possible.