Perkins Officially Returning

slufan13

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very surprised he decided this before the offseason. But this is fantastic news for next year's team, and it will be awesome to see Perkins win a-10 player of the year while also getting to play with in front of friends and family.

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Assuming that Goodwin heads out, Perkins could have a monster ppg average.

JGood and French not returning. Going through Senior night tomorrow with Hightower. My question is if Russell is given a scholarship, that gets us to 13 next year. With him, Jimerson, Strickland, and Lorentssen that still gives us four freshman next year so I guess we're not going to sign anyone this summer. The kids who are seniors in high school this year are getting the short end of the stick.

Just now, billikenbill said:

JGood and French not returning. Going through Senior night tomorrow with Hightower. My question is if Russell is given a scholarship, that gets us to 13 next year. With him, Jimerson, Strickland, and Lorentssen that still gives us four freshman next year so I guess we're not going to sign anyone this summer. The kids who are seniors in high school this year are getting the short end of the stick.

Returning seniors don't count against the scholarship limit. If we give a scholarship to Russell, we'll still have two left for incoming transfers/recruits

3 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Returning seniors don't count against the scholarship limit. If we give a scholarship to Russell, we'll still have two left for incoming transfers/recruits

Good to know. So, what is our biggest need to look for in the transfer market? A slasher from the two guard position, a stretch 4?

9 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

McKissic a possibility?

It sounded like there was mutual interest between SLU and McKissic when he announced he was transferring earlier this year, but SLU didn’t have a scholarship to give at the time. It will be interesting to see if he decides to play for another school as a grad transfer/second senior year.

I’m also very interested in the Cam’Ron Fletcher situation. Sure he won’t be sticking around UK after this season. 

22 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

McKissic a possibility?

Talent wise an excellent possiblity, wonder what the effect would be on team chemistry though. Wasn't real impressed with his antics on the court in our game.

Great for us the fans and slu badketball.   I hope hes right and particularly pray he doesnt get hurt.