Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, wgstl said:

Another thing to look out for. 

All of the bracket projections on Bracket Matrix have Okla State IN, so this wasn’t even on my radar and I assumed they’d be in the field.  However, I doubt the NCAA responds at this point.

24 minutes ago, wgstl said:

according to Bracket Matrix, MSU 19 point loss last night took them from 1st team out, to in.  Need Michigan to win big @ state Sunday

that makes no sense

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

according to Bracket Matrix, MSU 19 point loss last night took them from 1st team out, to in.  Need Michigan to win big @ state Sunday

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

that makes no sense

BracketMatrix is based on brackets put out in previous days.  None of the brackets in it are from after the Michigan State loss last night.  They are all from 3/2 through 3/4.

wgstl and GBL_Bills like this

Rooting interests for today 

(KenPom odds of favorable SLU result in parenthesis)

*'s are how important the game is by my estimate

bold are opponents SLU has played (or played more often if we played both)

italics are fellow bubble teams

after the - are my comments

10am CT St Bona (76%) over Duq - we played Bona, but haven't played Duq so this a small boost plus it gives us a bigger boost to beat Bona next round than beating Duq.

11am CT Loyola (93%) over SIU** - need Loyola to win the MVC auto-bid to avoid someone else stealing a bid (see Drake loss later)

12pm CT SAINT LOUIS (73%) over UMass******** - duh

2pm CT Indiana State (70%)  over Evansville - makes SLU W over Indy St look better

2:30pm CT Dayton (32%) over VCU - we lost to Dayton twice (& VCU only once), so this would make losses a little better

5pm CT Northern Iowa (19%) over Drake** - knocks Drake off the bubble, we need this & Loyola to win the MVC tournament

7pm CT Wake Forest (19%) over Georgia Tech*

7pm CT UAPB (79%) over Miss Valley St - MVSU is beyond terrible

8pm CT Nevada (44%) over Colorado State**

I could really go either way on the other A10 games - maybe we want both Bona & VCU to lose so we have a better chance to win the entire A10 tournament and/or knock fellow these bubble teams down OR maybe we want them to win because we want more A10 teams to make the NCAAs and/or beating them or losing to them is better for our resume than beating or losing to others.

Edited by RUBillsFan
Compton likes this

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

10am CT St Bona (76%) over Duq - we played Bona, but haven't played Duq so this a small boost plus it gives us a bigger boost to beat Bona next round than beating Duq.

Im split. While I tend to agree, I also feel like if we win 2 games against anyone we're in.

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Im split. While I tend to agree, I also feel like if we win 2 games against anyone we're in.

i do not think the A10 gets 4 teams.   and if the billikens lose to anyone but st bonnie or vcu at any point this week, they will not be in imo.   i feel st bonnie and vcu are given's.   the lasalle and dayton losses are devastating imo.

11 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

2:30pm CT Dayton (32%) over VCU - we lost to Dayton twice (& VCU only once), so this would make losses a little better

Dayton sits at NET 80 today.  If they move up to 75 with a win, our two losses move up a Quad each, to Q1 and Q2. Right now they are Q2 and Q3.  Every little bit might help.  VCU loses, they won't move out of a Q1 L for us.  (Weird talking about maximizing loses.)

RUBillsFan likes this

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i do not think the A10 gets 4 teams.   and if the billikens lose to anyone but st bonnie or vcu at any point this week, they will not be in imo.   i feel st bonnie and vcu are given's.   the lasalle and dayton losses are devastating imo.

Disagree - if either of them lose today I think they're in trouble.

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Best outcome.  Bonnies beat the Dukes by so much, that they jump 5 spots in the net.  Then when we beat the bonnies they stay in the top 30 to give SLU 3 total Q1 wins. 

21 point lead at the half is a good start...

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Best outcome.  Bonnies beat the Dukes by so much, that they jump 5 spots in the net.  Then when we beat the bonnies they stay in the top 30 to give SLU 3 total Q1 wins. 

This coupled with @HoosierPal's scenario of Dayton beating VCU and moving those losses to Q1 & Q2 would really boost our resume on paper.  Totally stupid IMO that it would make that much of a difference (the Quad thing overall is so dumb), but I'd take it.

19 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This coupled with @HoosierPal's scenario of Dayton beating VCU and moving those losses to Q1 & Q2 would really boost our resume on paper.  Totally stupid IMO that it would make that much of a difference (the Quad thing overall is so dumb), but I'd take it.

Yes it's better to beat or lose to the 30th and 73rd ranked teams than to the 31st and 32nd as if the 30th team is really any better than the 32nd or even the 35th

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

(KenPom odds of favorable SLU result in parenthesis)

*'s are how important the game is by my estimate

bold are opponents SLU has played (or played more often if we played both)

italics are fellow bubble teams

after the - are my comments

[snip]

11am CT Loyola (93%) over SIU** - need Loyola to win the MVC at-large to avoid someone else stealing a bid (see Drake loss later)

[snip]

I could really go either way on the other A10 games - maybe we want both Bona & VCU to lose so we have a better chance to win the entire A10 tournament and/or knock fellow these bubble teams down OR maybe we want them to win because we want more A10 teams to make the NCAAs and/or beating them or losing to them is better for our resume than beating or losing to others.

You mean for Loyola to win the automatic bid, right?

4 hours ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Dayton can go ahead and lose. I’d rather play VCU at UD Arena for all the marbles. Even with Dayton’s improved numbers, can’t imagine we’d get in if we were to lose to them a third time while adding yet another road loss. 

That's exactly what we need. Don't want to play Dayton at their place. Beat Bonawelding tomorrow, even if we lose to VCU in the finals, we are in. The selection committee always claims there is not a conference quota, but it doesn't seem that way. It feels like a three bid lead. If we lose to VCU in the finals, we'll be in with them and Bona.

billiken_roy likes this