Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

39 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I’ve decided there’s nothing like Champ Week when you’re team is squarely on the bubble.

I have long thought that Championship week is better than the first round of the tournament, especially when you are at a conference tournament.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Tomorrow we NEED:

4:30- Houston to beat Memphis

5:30- Creighton to beat Georgetown

9:30- USC/Col to beat Oregon St

I think if those 3 things happen it’ll be hard to keep us out.  I still think a Colorado State rout is the best scenario tonight.  

Memphis and Oregon state both worry me. I think Creighton should handle Georgetown although they’ve had a lot of brain fart games 

7 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Tomorrow we NEED:

4:30- Houston to beat Memphis

5:30- Creighton to beat Georgetown

9:30- USC/Col to beat Oregon St

I’d like to see Cinci beat Wichita State.  It sets up a possible 1 bid AAC if Houston wins the title.  I know it also sets up Cinci possibly stealing a bid, but I think they’d be taking Wichita State’s spot if that were the case.

Also LSU continuing to win makes us look better.

Is Loyola MD a potential bid thief in the Patriot final on Sunday?  

I know it is a fluke because all Patriot teams played 0 OOC games, but Colgate is current 8th in the NET.  A loss drops them, but I wonder how far and if they’d be in consideration at all for an at-large.  Let’s hope they win so it’s moot.

24 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

I think if those 3 things happen it’ll be hard to keep us out.  I still think a Colorado State route is the best scenario tonight.  

Memphis and Oregon state both worry me. I think Creighton should handle Georgetown although they’ve had a lot of brain fart games 

Wow ... we have a chance ... BIG day of rooting tomorrow ...

Everyone please say an extra Hail Mary and Our Father tonight ...

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Is Loyola MD a potential bid thief in the Patriot final on Sunday?  

I know it is a fluke because all Patriot teams played 0 OOC games, but Colgate is current 8th in the NET.  A loss drops them, but I wonder how far and if they’d be in consideration at all for an at-large.  Let’s hope they win so it’s moot.

I don't think Colgate has a prayer of an at large. It is simply a computer anomaly. 

59 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

A semi-blowout win for Utah St. Colorado St had a NET of 48 this morning and just lost by 12 points. Hoping that takes a huge drop. 

Wanting a SDSU blowout tomorrow though 

Agreed. Go Aztecs.

Plus, we need potential bid stealers Oregon State and Georgetown to lose in Saturday’s Finals. 

56 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I get the feeling even if everything goes our way, we are going to be the first or second team left out. I think we are probably stuck there. which might not be awful given some teams current COVID situation.

I am starting to think this too. Guess we have to hope the MWC is a 2 bid league and/or the committee is down on Drake. I'm back in the boat that our lack of road wins will be the thing that keeps us out even if the covid losses are forgiven

brianstl likes this

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I am starting to think this too. Guess we have to hope the MWC is a 2 bid league and/or the committee is down on Drake. I'm back in the boat that our lack of road wins will be the thing that keeps us out even if the covid losses are forgiven

There is almost no way we’re out if the COVID losses are forgiven.