Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Over the last 5 days, we’ve gone from appearing on 39 brackets on bracketmatrix to one. The last one https://haslametrics.com/ratings.php has us as an 11 seed. Maybe out of 130 or so brackets, hoping this is the one who got it right.

Your optimism is fantastic! 

1 hour ago, Matty Light said:

Who cares what Joe Lunardi and Jerry Palm and other journalists think? They don't run this tournament. Business executives do. They want the best product. The CSU Rams, Drake and Wichita State are not it. SLU's resume is considerably better than those teams. You think CBS's producers aren't relishing the chance to feature Jordan Goodwin and Travis Ford's 92 Final Four?

I think we will be first 4 in. We all saw each conference's product in the conference tournaments. The A10 was far above the MWC, MVC, AAC, and all the other non-power 6. There are so many great players. They have to give 2 at-large to the A-10.

Was thinking about that earlier this morning. SLU’s 30+ day COVID pause in which 80% of the team tested positive who is now looking to make a deep run in the tourney; and one of the nation’s top double double machines who happens to be a guard. Does any other bubble team have an interesting story to tell? NO, THEY SURE AS HELL DON’T!!

Would it be enough to push us over the line? Sweet mother of god I sure hope so...

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Was thinking about that earlier this morning. SLU’s 30+ day COVID pause in which 80% of the team tested positive who is now looking to make a deep run in the tourney; and one of the nation’s top double double machines who happens to be a guard. Does any other bubble team have an interesting story to tell? NO, THEY SURE AS HELL DON’T!!

Would it be enough to push us over the line? Sweet mother of god I sure hope so...

Start drinking now, only 30 min before the official announcement.

11 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Your optimism is fantastic! 

Wasn't trying to be optimistic, but OK. The thing is, there were nine games this weekend that could be a positive influence on our chances, and six went our way. We pretty much had to get 8 of them, the only one that could go either way was LSU today. So, thanks Creighton and Colorado, for nothing.

4 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Big Ten and SEC really put on some entertaining basketball in its tournaments along with the Big 12. I think they are the clear top 3 conferences this season.

Hard to believe the Big 10 hasn’t won a National championship in 2 decades. 

3 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I want this to go into triple overtime just to see what they do to the selection show

They might have to put it in performance mode.

SluSignGuy likes this

8 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Hard to believe the Big 10 hasn’t won a National championship in 2 decades. 

Brother in law is a Huge Illini guy.  When he told me that stat the other day I almost choked.  It doesn’t make sense with the quality of basketball played in this conference.

1 minute ago, Lando Griffin said:

Brother in law is a Huge Illini guy.  When he told me that stat the other day I almost choked.  It doesn’t make sense with the quality of basketball played in this conference.

When I looked it up last week I went back and checked 3 times because it seemed impossible. 

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

When I looked it up last week I went back and checked 3 times because it seemed impossible. 

A lot of runner-up finishes going back to 1989, when Steve Fisher's Wolverines became the 1st team to win after Bob Knight's last title (1987). Illinois was the runner up in 1989.

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That’s pretty amazing. 

In fairness, the Big East title game was not really competitive. 

That being said, the time slot of the A10 Championship game is pretty fantastic.  You're on CBS on Selection Sunday during a prime sports viewing time.  People like to watch sports on Sunday afternoons.  Years of the NFL & golf has trained them that way.  You've also had nearly a whole week/weekend of Championship week getting people hyped up about college basketball.  Kudos to the A10 for getting that slot on CBS.

White Pelican likes this