Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

The A10 is a 3 bid conference year in and year out. The programs have that kind of talent and the conference deserves that respect. The committee should make that happen. The MVC is a 1 bid conference. 

What is frustrating is that bid stealing is allowed. They should establish the number of teams a conference, big or small, gets in, and then boot the lowest team in that conference if a new team wins their tournament. For example, UCLA should be out now and UCONN as well.

The Group of 4 (WCC, A10, MVC, MW) below the Power 5 +2, is getting 8 bids, 2 per conference.

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

sucks for the bonnies, they'll be preseason favorites which means...

Considering Bismack Byombo was the 7th pick of a draft, primarily based in his 7’7” wingspan, you would think that someone might take Ossuniyi in the first or second round with a 7’8” wingspan. I think the later is a better player as of the time of drafting.

54 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

The NET is being ignored in the cases of 2 Power Conference gift bid recipients in Louisville and Michigan State.

Why? Follow the money. Each game played in the NCAA Tourney produces an NCAA Unit valued at $1.8 to $1.9 Million. 

FWIW we don’t know that anything has been ignored, unless you mean by meaningless bracket predictions.

46 minutes ago, wgstl said:

sucks for the bonnies, they'll be preseason favorites which means...

There are at least six 'if's on that statement.

If Schmidt comes back

If Lofton comes back

If Osunniyi comes back

If Welch comes back

If Adaway comes back

If Holmes comes back

But yeah, line up what we know today and they will be Top 25.

Who cares what Joe Lunardi and Jerry Palm and other journalists think? They don't run this tournament. Business executives do. They want the best product. The CSU Rams, Drake and Wichita State are not it. SLU's resume is considerably better than those teams. You think CBS's producers aren't relishing the chance to feature Jordan Goodwin and Travis Ford's 92 Final Four?

I think we will be first 4 in. We all saw each conference's product in the conference tournaments. The A10 was far above the MWC, MVC, AAC, and all the other non-power 6. There are so many great players. They have to give 2 at-large to the A-10.

4 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Who cares what Joe Lunardi and Jerry Palm and other journalists think? They don't run this tournament. Business executives do. They want the best product. The CSU Rams, Drake and Wichita State are not it. SLU's resume is considerably better than those teams. You think CBS's producers aren't relishing the chance to feature Jordan Goodwin and Travis Ford's 92 Final Four?

I think we will be first 4 in. We all saw each conference's product in the conference tournaments. The A10 was far above the MWC, MVC, AAC, and all the other non-power 6. There are so many great players. They have to give 2 at-large to the A-10.

Please don’t give me a reason to be hopeful. This weekend has been a roller coaster of emotions haha

Just now, BigMouthBilliken said:

Please don’t give me a reason to be hopeful. This weekend has been a roller coaster of emotions haha

The problem with the journalists is that they have fallen into the sam flawed model used in college football.

They decided to make a projected bracket before conference tournaments started and then dropping or raising team's positions after each time they play. What they should be doing is completely reassessing the body of work each day.

It's why CSU gets great credit for beating UNI and SLU gets no credit for beating LSU. Journalists weren't talking about LSU 2 weeks ago. Go look at that win now.

In football a team ranked at the beginning of the year moves up if they don't lose, despite who they play.

13 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

I'm with you Matty. I could care less what the bracketologists say.

Over the last 5 days, we’ve gone from appearing on 39 brackets on bracketmatrix to one. The last one https://haslametrics.com/ratings.php has us as an 11 seed. Maybe out of 130 or so brackets, hoping this is the one who got it right.