Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

When are the NIT pairings announced?

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but I'm excited to see the Billikens play again one way or the other.  French & Goodwin going out an a blowout loss to the Bonnies didn't seem right.

Hopefully we will make the NCAA field or we're a COVID replacement.  If not, I'm all in on the NIT.

BilliKat likes this

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but I'm excited to see the Billikens play again one way or the other.  French & Goodwin going out an a blowout loss to the Bonnies didn't seem right.

Hopefully we will make the NCAA field or we're a COVID replacement.  If not, I'm all in on the NIT.

I want us to win the NIT. Just frustrated about the bid-stealers winning tonight.

RUBillsFan likes this

Just now, Bay Area Billiken said:

Excise any 2 of Drake, Michigan State (No, MSU deserves no bid) and Wichita State (they don’t either), and SLU would still be IN. 

As much as I despise Mich State, they beat 3 top 5 teams... No getting around that. 

Wichita, Drake, and the Mountain West teams should be out

13 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

As much as I despise Mich State, they beat 3 top 5 teams... No getting around that. 

Wichita, Drake, and the Mountain West teams should be out

MSU: 70 NET, 9-12 B10, 5-11 Quad 1. That means they lost 11 Quad 1 games, had .3125 Quad 1 winning %. MSU should be nowhere near an NCAA At Large. 

7 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

This message board looking at Creighton and Colorado:

B1107ABB-466D-40F6-9E57-FCC0BD531227.jpeg

LOL 😂 

Colorado not only missed 8 FTs, but their season team FT percentage of 83% is the all-time best team percentage ever. I’m not saying there haven’t been teams that made 82% but 78% is the highest team percentage I’d ever heard of before last night. Colorado clearly wasn’t ready for the moment, just plain choked, and aside from their terrific PG, their roster is full of 2-star talent.

On the upside, LSU’s win bumped us up to 43 on the NET, so the committee better reach into their excuses bag for why we’re not in.

The NET has again been updated.  Here is the latest on Selection Sunday morning prior to the final 5 conference automatic bids to be decided today:

SLU's NET improved from 45 to the current 43.  Per a pure following of the NET, SLU would have the 32nd of the 37 NCAA At Large bids, a fall of 1 slot from yesterday morning's 31st, would be the 3rd of the last 4 teams to receive an NCAA First Round Bye.

Per the NET:

Last 4 NCAA Byes:  40 Syracuse, 41 Clemson, 43 SLU45 DRAKE;

Last 4 IN:  46 UCLA, 47 Missouri, 48 Virginia Tech, 49 DUKE (Yes, Duke, evidently resurrected);

First 4 OUT (NIT Bids 1-4):  50 Boise State, 51 Colorado State, 52 Memphis, 53 Ole Miss;

Next 4 OUT (NIT Bids 5-8):  56 LOUISVILLE, 57 Seton Hall, 58 Davidson, 59 Xavier;

NIT Bids 9-12:  62 St. Mary's, 65 SMU, 67 Toledo, 68 Richmond;

Last 4 NIT Bids (NIT Bids 13-16):  69 St. John's, 70 MICHIGAN STATE, 71 Wright State, 72 WICHITA STATE.

Remaining potential Bid Stealer is in the American Athletic Conference, playing in Ft. Worth, Texas, 5 Houston vs. 115 Cincinnati.  For any remaining hope, we need Houston to win the American today.

What I think is going to happen is not what I think should happen when the Brackets are revealed at 3 p.m. Pacific, 5 p.m. Central.  The auricles from on high have both 56 Louisville and 70 Michigan State IN.  I suspect the excisions to make room for those two Power 5's will be 43 SLU and 49 DUKE.  I agree with Joe Lunardi, who has SLU as the 2nd team OUT (again, I don't think that's what should happen, rather what will happen).  The last NCAA at large IN vs. First OUT is between 45 Drake and 72 Wichita State.  If Cincinnati upsets Houston today in the American, then Drake survives.  But if Houston wins, I could see that last NCAA bid still going to Wichita State, in which case Drake is OUT.

The double bid heist last night may even move us far enough down the list that we won't even get in if 1 or 2 teams get knocked out by covid.

Colorado goes ice cold from the line and Creighton flat out didn't show up. I'm typically not in the boat of hating teams but it will be a long time before I support Creighton again.

That being said I still have an ounce of hope

There are 20 traditional 1 Bid Conferences (21 including the Ivy which opted out this year), and nothing is changing there in terms of bids, other than the Ivy bid will likely go to the  Power 5.  That leaves 48 NCAA bids.  The NET shows the following re NCAA Bids:

Power 5 34

+ 1 (Big East) 4

+2 (American) only 1

Group of Four (WCC, A10, MVC, MW) 9

Total 48

After 56 Louisville and 70 Michigan State are gifted bids today, that brings the Power 5 count up to 36.  Those bids could come from the Group of 4, SLU from the A10 and Drake from the MVC, unless Duke is not really IN, which would put the Power 5 count at 35.

With each NCAA Unit projected to be worth $1.8 to $1.9 Million, paid out over 6 years, one can see why 56 Louisville and 70 Michigan State are being gifted NCAA bids today.  Follow the money.  Those gift bids have to come at the expense of someone.  This year one of those someones is SLU.

8 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like we need to be chosen over 2 of Drake, Wichita State, and Utah State. There is still a chance this happens, despite the unfortunate events of last night.

Someone said yesterday it’s unlikely they put both WSU and Michigan state (both 70s NET) which would be nice. Although who knows what the committee will do. One would hope LSU and Bonnies wins today would at least propel us above them if we’re not already