Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

OK, so only one bid-stealer so far. I don't know how you don't put Memphis in the field. Good team.

I have no idea what team you watched. They are junk. They just make the game ugly enough so that it is a toss up, and the refs did their best to help them. 

I can't decide which is more true. Georgetown would have beaten any team in the history of college basketball tonight or Creighton would have lost to any team in the history of college basketball tonight. I knew we were in trouble when Georgetown had 3 straight possessions of banked in shots and Creighton just folded like a chair

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I can't decide which is more true. Georgetown would have beaten any team in the history of college basketball tonight or Creighton would have lost to any team in the history of college basketball tonight. I knew we were in trouble when Georgetown had 3 straight possessions of banked in shots and Creighton just folded like a chair

Yes, it was not a close game. G-Town brought the A game, Creighton didn't show up.

Hopefully we can still find a way in ...

In the Pac-12, Colorado is another misplaced Johnny Come Lately, from the other side of the Continental Divide.

Oregon State is a longtime Pac-8, then Pac-10, then Pac-12 member, a frequent doormat in football, usually second division in basketball, although the Beavers have had their moments in Hoops over the years.

I wish UCLA, USC or Oregon was playing in this Pac-12 Championship Game because I fear another Bid Stealer could be coming.  

Colorado is clearly better than Oregon State, but so were UCLA and Oregon. 

2 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

I’m normally a turn down the NIT guy, but if we do go there will be some good teams in Texas.

Assuming they don't opt out. I think a lot of schools don't want to put their kids in another bubble for 3 weeks. I want SLU to play in the NIT if we miss the NCAA but I also would understand if schools want to send their kids home for the first time in potentially 10 months 

JettFlight5 likes this

6 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Gonna be so close between Us, Wich St, Col St, Utah St, and Ole Miss for the last 2 spots (as long as there are no more bid stealers)

I don't get why Drake seems to be a lock looking at the brackets.  They played 8 Q1 and Q2 games but against 3 teams.  Our 8 Q1 and Q2 games were against 7 different teams.  Our BPI, Kenpom, Sagarin, Avg Net win, and Avg net loss all better than theirs.  I just don't get why they seem to be safe.  

What are we to make of the ESPN ticker showing that Duke hasn’t been ruled out do the NCAA tourney yet?

That has been scrolling across all day.

If the powers that be at the TV networks get Duke in some how I might choke a mother f*#%#%

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Assuming they don't opt out. I think a lot of schools don't want to put their kids in another bubble for 3 weeks. I want SLU to play in the NIT if we miss the NCAA but I also would understand if schools want to send their kids home for the first time in potentially 10 months 

That is almost exactly what St. John’s reporter said.

1 minute ago, maverick said:

I'm of course hoping that we get IN.

But given the Georgetown win ... if we don't, I also want us to be at the top of the line for first out since this year it is possible that one of the teams can't compete if they get a COVID outbreak.

So we root for COVID? This is one screwed up year.

3 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

So we root for COVID? This is one screwed up year.

Yes, it's a wild year. I don't have the heart to root for any team to experience COVID, and I hope they don't. But if they do ... I want us to be next man up and ready to go.

A crazy year could get even crazier ...

Just now, maverick said:

Yes, it's a wild year. I don't have the heart to root for any team to experience COVID, and I hope they don't. But if they do ... I want us to be next man up and ready to go.

A crazy year could get even crazier ...

Agreed...I am a win above all person (ask board vets when I used to want us to cheat), but wishing COVID on anyone is an evil I can’t commit.