Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

SLU let the dogs out, as long as you are going to limit yourself to Irish whisy, try Tullamore Dew 12 year, it is really good. I plan to stick to Margaritas tomorrow.

Your timing is great...heading to the store in a few minutes. Thanks for the suggestion because I don’t know much about Irish whiskeys. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Your timing is great...heading to the store in a few minutes. Thanks for the suggestion because I don’t know much about Irish whiskeys. 

Very glad to get the suggestion to you at the right time.

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I would love the play in game vs. Utah State. They literally have NO bench and miller has a creaky back.  Our bigs could harass Queta and wear him down or get him in foul trouble. 

Queta would be a matchup nightmare for us. He’s Osunniyi but with a much better offensive game. Otherwise, I agree about Utah State.

SLU_Lax likes this

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

We could go all Central Florida and hang a national championship banner after winning the NIT

As 3-time NIT coaching winner Dave Odom always said, “It’s not THE National Championship, but it’s A National Championship.”

brianstl and majerus mojo like this

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Cincinnati knocks off Wichita State in a crazy ending, putting Wichita State squarely on the bubble.

Houston winning the AAC championship tournament is even more important now, as failure to do so could result in 3 bids for the AAC.

Is this the result we wanted? How firmly do we feel about Wichita being an at large?

Just now, MattyMo213 said:

Is this the result we wanted? How firmly do we feel about Wichita being an at large?

IMO Wichita should not get an at-large.  Their NET before the Cinci loss was 64.  Either way we absolutely want Houston to win the AAC.

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Wichita’s average metric if you combine KenPom, NET, and BPI is 77. And that’s before their loss today. If they make it over us the system is broken

This is why I was rooting for a Wichita State loss.  IMO even if Memphis or Cinci were to win the AAC they should just take the spot everyone was assuming was Wichita State's before.

Cinci winning was the best result for SLU because it potentially opens up another spot as long as Houston wins the AAC.  It does, however, leave the door open for the doomsday AAC scenario where Memphis heats Houston and loses to Cinci in the finals which could result in a 4 bid AAC (Houston as an at-large lock, Cinci as the auto-bid, Memphis & Wichita among the last 4 in).  I don't think both Wichita and Memphis make it in that scenario, but it is a possibility.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Lsu with a near epic  collapse, back up 3

LSU just looks so disinterested / careless at times.  They're also Charmin soft inside on defense.  Watford is not a rim protector.  Pretty much the perfect opponent for SLU's offense since we struggle vs long shot blockers.