Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with SLU Xavier is that it’s not a Q1 game for SLU unless it’s at Xavier. If it’s at Xavier, it becomes a Q2 game for the Musketeers.

if they go play at Davidson, that’s a Q1 game for Xavier (so theoretically better on a resume than a neutral site win vs. SLU - though it’s impossible to know how the committee really values all these designations)

A10Ref likes this

Just now, wgstl said:

Not to be too much of a downer but a close game like this doesn’t really hurt Syracuse much 

But a win would have helped them a lot. We don’t actually know whether they’re above or behind SLU going into this game.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Not to be too much of a downer but a close game like this doesn’t really hurt Syracuse much 

Probably not but it's better than them getting a win. I think it was you who said this yesterday but our fate probably comes down to what happens in the MWC tournament. If we could even get one of Boise St, Colorado St, and Utah St to lose today, it would be a big help but preferably 2 of them lose. Ideally we get total chaos but trying to be realistic. 

wgstl likes this

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Probably not but it's better than them getting a win. I think it was you who said this yesterday but our fate probably comes down to what happens in the MWC tournament. If we could even get one of Boise St, Colorado St, and Utah St to lose today, it would be a big help but preferably 2 of them lose. Ideally we get total chaos but trying to be realistic. 

Ideally we get a couple to lose and then play one of them Saturday. Like playing a Boise or Utah st far more than Xavier (finished the season with a bunch of losses and is all but dead for ncaa)

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Villanova loses and now the winner of St John's and Seton Hall will play Georgetown. Takes away a quality win but gives them a path to the conference championship 

Or if they lose it completely knocked them out. Need Creighton or UConn to win the Big East tournament now for no bid stealers

These tournaments are ridiculously skewed for the P5 conferences. Bilas had a great thought to pick the top 68 before the conference tournament and drop off the bottom teams if there is an upset tournament winner. It would give the regular more weight and level the playing field. The P5 get extra games to improve their standing while the other conferences only get hurt. Why does Syracuse now get into the tournament when they beat a team that was lower seed and they beat twice already? Doesn’t seem like it’s Syracuse every year that is in question?

2 hours ago, BilliKat said:

I received moderna right when it came out. Didn’t feel the needle, didn’t have arm soreness, didn’t have any follow up trouble. Crazy how different individual responses are- but what I think is really cool- they’ve made needles so insanely sharp now- that aside from big needle that are for I’ve and such- you really can’t feel them! 

I’m a diabetes educator. A big piece of my job is introducing insulin and helping people get over the fear of needles they acquired from movies when they were young.  They aren’t like the movies. majority of people are like “oh! ... was that it?! Didn’t even feel it!”  😊

Just now, BilliKat said:

I’m a diabetes educator. A big piece of my job is introducing insulin and helping people get over the fear of needles they acquired from movies when they were young.  They aren’t like the movies. majority of people are like “oh! ... was that it?! Didn’t even feel it!”  😊

I give blood every time I'm eligible.  After those maple syrup taps, everything else is a nothing.....

2 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

These tournaments are ridiculously skewed for the P5 conferences. Bilas had a great thought to pick the top 68 before the conference tournament and drop off the bottom teams if there is an upset tournament winner. It would give the regular more weight and level the playing field. The P5 get extra games to improve their standing while the other conferences only get hurt. Why does Syracuse now get into the tournament when they beat a team that was lower seed and they beat twice already? Doesn’t seem like it’s Syracuse every year that is in question?

Yup. Boeheim is always complaining and they inevitably get in the first four or 10-12 seed seemingly year in and year out (or three times in the last six years) 

46 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't think winning that game gets either of those teams in.

Davidson wants that game to get a good seeding in the NIT. And honestly its a game that Xavier needs to win by a decent amount or it does nothing. 

15 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Villanova loses and now the winner of St John's and Seton Hall will play Georgetown. Takes away a quality win but gives them a path to the conference championship 

Georgetown went 23 for 23 from the Free Throw Line in their 1 point win over Villanova. Practice your Free throws, kids. 

19 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Yup. Boeheim is always complaining and they inevitably get in the first four or 10-12 seed seemingly year in and year out (or three times in the last six years) 

Boeheim was granted a life time auto bid about a decade ago.  It's his birth right.  All Syracuse has to do every year is show up with 5 jerseys, and they are in.  Their record isn't even discussed by the Committee.  

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Boeheim was granted a life time auto bid about a decade ago.  All Syracuse has to do every year is show up with 5 jerseys, and they are in.  Their record isn't even discussed by the Committee.  

You've said this a few times, and although I love the hate, it's not exactly true. Syracuse missed the tournament in 2015 and 2017 with similar resumes to what they have this season. I think they'll get in this year, but it's not a given.

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

3 days removed from my 1st and I'm still sick as a dog.  Could be a lot of sloppy ball for a few days

which vaccine did you have?  My wife and I have each had 2 doses of Pfizer.  This Saturday will be two weeks after the second dose.  The only reaction either of us has had was a little arm soreness after the first dose.