Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

17 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Interesting. Three days since my first also. Didn't feel the needle go in, no arm soreness, feel fine overall. Mine was Moderna by the way. Oh, and I'm an OLD guy. (Not THE old Guy of course.)

ive had the first vaccine.   waiting for the word on when i go back for the second.   likely the weekend of the 20th or after.   I had absolutely no reaction of any kind after the 1st shot.   my biggest pain was waiting in a line for 2.5 hours to get it.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

does the ncaa still not allow walkons to stay in the same housing, eat at team meals practice off season, etc?   i ask because if that is the case, wouldnt it have increased the chances of this happening since that walkon would have been more exposed to the rest of the student population than the team?   been a long time since i've been a campus guy, so help an old guy out here folks with some current info on such. 

I thought walk-ons do everything with the team, but just have to pay their way. 

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

ive had the first vaccine.   waiting for the word on when i go back for the second.   likely the weekend of the 20th or after.   I had absolutely no reaction of any kind after the 1st shot.   my biggest pain was waiting in a line for 2.5 hours to get it.  

zero line, but had to drive to Columbia..

29 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I think they're still in, don't get me wrong. It's just that if I had to pick a winner in this one that would benefit us, it's Georgia. Mizzou dropping in the NET rankings makes us look better by comparison. It's not the ultimate decider, it may not move the needle much - it's just every little bit that helps.

I like your rationale, but I think you're looking at it backwards. Mizzou is firmly in regardless of what happens. It's better for us avoid a potential run by Georgia that could steal a bid.

3 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I like your rationale, but I think you're looking at it backwards. Mizzou is firmly in regardless of what happens. It's better for us avoid a potential run by Georgia that could steal a bid.

I think as much chaos as possible in the 40-70 range of the NET benefits a team that is already done, especially with us sitting at 46. UGA hanging around for a bid steal has the potential to be more damaging. It's not a huge game for us today in the scheme of things.

This was part of an exercise of looking at every scheduled game today and deciding which team winning would benefit SLU. This is one of the harder calls.

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I drove up to Canton MO for my first shot. From the time I drove into the parking lot to the time I got back in the car to return home was 20 minutes.  And 15 of those were the 'watch for a reaction' time.  And zero issues with the shot.

30 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Interesting. Three days since my first also. Didn't feel the needle go in, no arm soreness, feel fine overall. Mine was Moderna by the way. Oh, and I'm an OLD guy. (Not THE old Guy of course.)

I received moderna right when it came out. Didn’t feel the needle, didn’t have arm soreness, didn’t have any follow up trouble. Crazy how different individual responses are- but what I think is really cool- they’ve made needles so insanely sharp now- that aside from big needle that are for I’ve and such- you really can’t feel them! 

White Pelican likes this

remember i live in one of the worst political states in America.   if there is a way to F things up Illinois can do it. 

wgstl and BilliKat like this

21 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

does the ncaa still not allow walkons to stay in the same housing, eat at team meals practice off season, etc?   i ask because if that is the case, wouldnt it have increased the chances of this happening since that walkon would have been more exposed to the rest of the student population than the team?   been a long time since i've been a campus guy, so help an old guy out here folks with some current info on such. 

I have assumed that all Tier I personnel have been in the quasi-bubble for every D1 team.  If not, that is a HUGE hole in the security protocol.

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

remember i live in one of the worst political states in America.   if there is a way to F things up Illinois can do it. 

Missouri ain't exactly winning any awards either. It's nuts that people in the major metro areas have to drive to the Iowa or Arkansas borders to get a damn shot. And then go back again in 4 weeks.

I'm not going to give a lot of info here but I got my shot on Monday, a 10 minute drive from my house in one of the inner burbs. There were 4 appointments every 10 minutes. There were 4 shot giving stations inside. I was taken right on time, a little paper work, schedule the 2nd appt., and then the  shot. Then they asked you to sit in a chair for 15 minutes. We were spread out in a gym. The folks giving the shots had one customer each every ten minutes. Then they just sat and waited for the next 4 people to come in.

Went very smoothly, just not very efficient in my estimation. I'm not complaining, I had some help getting this appointment and I'm happy to see light at the end of the tunnel. But the whole system is all over the place. Or I should say, not much of a system.

36 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I drove up to Canton MO for my first shot. From the time I drove into the parking lot to the time I got back in the car to return home was 20 minutes.  And 15 of those were the 'watch for a reaction' time.  And zero issues with the shot.

You were 15 miles away from my hometown of Quincy, but across the River. Welcome to the Tri-State Area.

Canton, MO is the Home of the NAIA Culver-Stockton Wildcats, a potential SLU future opponent if Drake gets IN after playing that cupcake non-conference schedule. 

HoosierPal likes this

39 minutes ago, BilliKat said:

I received moderna right when it came out. Didn’t feel the needle, didn’t have arm soreness, didn’t have any follow up trouble. Crazy how different individual responses are- but what I think is really cool- they’ve made needles so insanely sharp now- that aside from big needle that are for I’ve and such- you really can’t feel them! 

I kind of wondered if it was a VERY sharp needle. I'm used to needles, get blood tests all the time, but I was so startled I even looked to see if the needle was actually in my arm. I usually don't like to look.

33 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Missouri ain't exactly winning any awards either. It's nuts that people in the major metro areas have to drive to the Iowa or Arkansas borders to get a damn shot. And then go back again in 4 weeks.

I'm not going to give a lot of info here but I got my shot on Monday, a 10 minute drive from my house in one of the inner burbs. There were 4 appointments every 10 minutes. There were 4 shot giving stations inside. I was taken right on time, a little paper work, schedule the 2nd appt., and then the  shot. Then they asked you to sit in a chair for 15 minutes. We were spread out in a gym. The folks giving the shots had one customer each every ten minutes. Then they just sat and waited for the next 4 people to come in.

Went very smoothly, just not very efficient in my estimation. I'm not complaining, I had some help getting this appointment and I'm happy to see light at the end of the tunnel. But the whole system is all over the place. Or I should say, not much of a system.

Based on what I've seen and heard, Illinois' vaccine rollout is a heckuva lot better than Missouri's. Doesn't get much worse than Missouri's though. The only place my wife, a teacher, could find an appointment was in Illinois.

11 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Rumor on twitter - Xavier going to Davidson for a game

Yikes if true. We'll never know the full story on the SLU side but it's going to be a hard sell if Xavier found a game so quickly and if they would get into the NCAAT because of it. That being said, I think Davidson could run Xavier out of the gym

21 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Yikes if true. We'll never know the full story on the SLU side but it's going to be a hard sell if Xavier found a game so quickly and if they would get into the NCAAT because of it. That being said, I think Davidson could run Xavier out of the gym

Holy Moly!

If true, some big time explaining is in order. 

If true, Coach Majerus’ pronouncement after waking up and seeing the Atlantic Ocean for a second straight week, speaks again from the Great Beyond.

If true and this game happens, this would be totally unacceptable. Period.

28 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Rumor on twitter - Xavier going to Davidson for a game

Game seems like a wash for both teams... two 60+ net teams. Also, if we played xavier and won... does that do anything for us? Beating a team that just lost to a horrid butler.