Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

56 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Why only 1? It would be in their best interest to fill it.

Xavier, St Johns, and Duke all lost tonight blowing up the bubble a bit.  However an out of sight out of mind situation for SLU rihjt now does not help.  They need to see if they can find another W.

Good question. I know there’s a cap on total games allowed but we clearly haven’t come close to hitting that number. If it’s a combo of non-conference and conference games we should be able to play more than one game but if there’s a cap on non-con games perhaps it is 9 (since we’ve played 8)?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said, I think it was unlikely but possible we could make the tournament with a loss yesterday. The blowout was the nail in the coffin though I think. I would expect our NET to fall into the 40s although LSU win maybe helped yesterday 

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

As others have said, I think it was unlikely but possible we could make the tournament with a loss yesterday. The blowout was the nail in the coffin though I think. I would expect our NET to fall into the 40s although LSU win maybe helped yesterday 

It will drop but we will slowly creep up as the middling P6 teams get knocked off in their conference tournaments.  It will come down to whether the selection committee gives us a pass on the COVID hangover.  If there's three teams that come out of the A10, we're the third team.  There aren't any other candidates.

8 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Good question. I know there’s a cap on total games allowed but we clearly haven’t come close to hitting that number. If it’s a combo of non-conference and conference games we should be able to play more than one game but if there’s a cap on non-con games perhaps it is 9 (since we’ve played 8)?

So I tried to look it up and found this.

“The Division I Men’s and Women’s Basketball Oversight Committees on Monday reaffirmed their positions on reducing by four the maximum number of games that teams can play in the upcoming 2020-21 season.

In men’s basketball, teams can compete in a maximum of 25 regular-season games if a team does not participate in a multiple-team event; 25 regular-season games and one multiple-team event that includes up to two games; or 24 regular-season games and one multiple-team event that includes up to three games.”

What I can’t tell from the SLU schedule is if there was a tournament in there.  I don’t think there was so that leaves them at 20 total games with a 14-6 record so they have some room?  Takes two to tango of course.

2 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

The ending was better. 

Crazy... Way to go, Cougars!! Our chance for a bid increases to 50.1%!!