Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule whoever loses Tuesday in the ACC tournament for a Thursday road game. Then schedule whoever loses Wednesday for a Saturday road game.

Get it done.

If not. Play the NIT.

Next year:

Okoro > French

Thatch/Strickland replaces Goodwin 

Run plays for Jimerson! He should not shoot less than 10 times any game

Hargrove/Jacobs can split time

Yuri - Develop a shot....someone should tell him not to be Dwayne Polk

Lorentson....be a stretch four like Loe.

Bell - Eat some minutes.

Linssen - Keep doing what you're doing.

SLU_Nick and CBFan like this

Just now, 757billiken said:

Schedule whoever loses Tuesday in the ACC tournament for a Thursday road game. Then schedule whoever loses Wednesday for a Saturday road game.

Get it done.

If not. Play the NIT.

Next year:

Okoro > French

Bell - Eat some minutes.

Good post.

Just now, 757billiken said:

Get it done.

If not. Play the NIT.

Next year:

Okoro > French

Bell - Eat some minutes.

Or we could schedule road games against Arizona and Auburn, who have postseason bans and would both be Q1 on the road. 

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Or we could schedule road games against Arizona and Auburn, who have postseason bans and would both be Q1 on the road. 

Wait they actually got Pearl?

I've been waiting over 40 years for a billiken team with the athleticism  and depth to play fast on both  ends of the floor and we pretty much ignored the opportunity  all year, particularly  in the most important  game of the year versus a reputed 5 man team,  don't know what else to say.  Wasted opportunity 

6 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Get it done.

If not. Play the NIT.

Next year:

Okoro > French

Bell - Eat some minutes.

I ran out of likes so I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I like this post. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I've been waiting over 40 years for a billiken team with the athleticism  and depth to play fast on both  ends of the floor and we pretty much ignored the opportunity  all year, particularly  in the most important  game of the year versus a reputed 5 man team,  don't know what else to say.  Wasted opportunity 

Agree Roy...our game plans continue to be head scratchers. I believe we were obsessed with getting Osun in foul trouble early ...which was not how we played when we best them a month ago...utilize your bench and speed up the game . Still blown away we never pressed Ace when Bones was out against VCU. 

10 minutes ago, billikenblue said:

Agree Roy...our game plans continue to be head scratchers. I believe we were obsessed with getting Osun in foul trouble early ...which was not how we played when we best them a month ago...utilize your bench and speed up the game . Still blown away we never pressed Ace when Bones was out against VCU. 

I doubt running and gunning would have worked tonight.  During his press conference, Ford said the team lacked energy from the tip and that it was very unusual that he had to try to get guys going during the first timeout.

29 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

A lot of bubble teams are losing, I’m just saying. 

SLU needs to find a game or two this week to stay in the discussion. They don’t have the profile to rest on their laurels.

Curious if the A-10 says something about it though.  If I’m SLU I say piss off and go.

Ok, SLU lost to StB (Q1 loss) but that keeps their win against them a Q1 victory instead of the Bonnie dropping to a Q2. LSU should be ranked next week and if they win the SEC, SLU will fly up the NET and be a high Q1 win. Remember the A10 smoked the SEC this non conference so that may be taken into account.  Now the committee will select whoever they want anyway so it probably won’t matter, but keep the faith. 

17 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Ok, SLU lost to StB (Q1 loss) but that keeps their win against them a Q1 victory instead of the Bonnie dropping to a Q2. LSU should be ranked next week and if they win the SEC, SLU will fly up the NET and be a high Q1 win. Remember the A10 smoked the SEC this non conference so that may be taken into account.  Now the committee will select whoever they want anyway so it probably won’t matter, but keep the faith. 

I honestly think it will come down to how much they acknowledge our COVID pause and the two Q3 losses resulting from it 

BilliesBy40 and HoosierPal like this

47 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

SLU can only play one game. 

Why only 1? It would be in their best interest to fill it.

Xavier, St Johns, and Duke all lost tonight blowing up the bubble a bit.  However an out of sight out of mind situation for SLU rihjt now does not help.  They need to see if they can find another W.