Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

GT deserves to lose after that bulls%$! 30 footer Alvarado put up with 4 sec on the shot clock.

That was the worst play I have ever seen. 😡

2 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Michigan State wins.

That should end any talk of Indiana being on the bubble, right?

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Bubble gods were on our side tonight. Went 5/5 in the results we wanted

I'm thinking a Kentucky win over Ole Miss could be helpful as well. They're up 3 with 13 to go after being down nine early.

Doesn't look like we'll get the result we want in the Memphis / South Florida game, but overall a great night for the Billiken bubble.

I'd prefer we still just take the decision out of the committee's hands & win the whole damn thing, but after tonight I'm more confident that 2 wins the A10 tournament gets us a bid.

There are a ton of games with SLU and/or bubble ramifications tomorrow.  I'll try to do a breakdown in the AM, but a preview is that in the A10 pillow fight games we want LaSalle since we played them twice and didn't play St Joes at all and Fordham since we played them once to win.

29 minutes ago, Brighton said:

If we’re scared of a three win team then, well, we don’t deserve to go to Indianapolis.

If this was a reply to me, I want LaSalle to win because it is better for our resume - we played LaSalle twice and haven't played St Joes at all.  I don't particularly care who wins for our chances of winning the whole tournament.  We shouldn't lose to any of the 3 possible matchups we'd face in our first game.  Bona seeking revenge in the next round worries me more than any of them, but SLU seems to have had their number recently.

5 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Rooting interests today:

• Lasalle over St. Joes
  • Fordham over GW
  • NC State over Notre Dame
  • Minnesota over Penn St. 

Why is Mizzou an 8 seed? 6 Q1 wins, but their NET and kenpom are below SLU's. So lame. I would love to play them in the 8/9 game.

i want daly gone.   that young man is on a mission it seems.   lets get st joes out before we have to play them and st joes has turned into the national underdog of choice.  

24 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Rooting interests today:

• Lasalle over St. Joes
  • Fordham over GW

Why is Mizzou an 8 seed? 6 Q1 wins, but their NET and kenpom are below SLU's. So lame. I would love to play them in the 8/9 game.

Mizzou is an 8 seed because they are 8-7 in Q1/2 games with no Q3/4 losses. They are tending down though. 

34 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Rooting interests today

I could see state winning, no chance sota wins. They would lose @fordham 

46 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Rooting interests today:

• Lasalle over St. Joes
  • Fordham over GW

I would rather it be a 10/7.

Never want the 8/9 seed.

1 hour ago, Crewsorlose said:

Rooting interests today:

• Lasalle over St. Joes
  • Fordham over GW

Bubble interests:

• Clemson over Syracuse (although we know that Syracuse will get a bid they don't deserve anyways)
  • Tulane over Wichita State*
  • UConn over Seton Hall*
  • Florida over Mizzou
  • Providence over St. Johns
  • New Mexico over Colorado State*
  • Northwestern over Maryland
  • USC over Stanford

Other SLU opponents:

• SIUE over Belmont
  • Central Arkansas over SE Louisiana

* = most important for SLU's at-large chances

Crewsorlose likes this

10 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Up to Lunardi’s 3rd team out and the second team out on Bracket Matrix

Keep in mind that Bracket Matrix probably lags behind the results a bit.  It was updated today, but a lot of the brackets it is pulling together were last updated a day or two ago.  I was a bit surprised that Boise State is still relatively comfortably IN per Bracket Matrix, but I think the lag explains that.

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

Keep in mind that Bracket Matrix probably lags behind the results a bit.  It was updated today, but a lot of the brackets it is pulling together were last updated a day or two ago.  I was a bit surprised that Boise State is still relatively comfortably IN per Bracket Matrix, but I think the lag explains that.

True. Yesterday we were only in 7 brackets, now up to 14, so even if it’s still lagging we’ve improved 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

VaTech is only a few spots behind us in the NET and they just had another game this weekend cancelled.

They're an 8 seed on BracketMatrix.  Stinks that they aren't played games that they could lose & drop further back, but I don't think they're the team that would necessary be taking an at-large spot from SLU.  For example, if they played Louisville as scheduled today, I'd be rooting for them to win so that Louisville drops further.