Path to NCAA Tourney

Crewsorlose

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Pardon the Interruption, but the NIT will have 16 teams and all games played in Dallas-Ft. Worth.  (Not worthy of a new thread.)

I think this has already been addressed, but I want to clarify:

If you're one of the 1st few teams left out of the NCAA field and are deemed an "alternate" to replace an NCAA squad who can't compete because of COVID, then you would not participate in the NIT.  Correct?

I think the obvious choice is that you'd forgo the NIT for any NCAA chance.  However, it does stink that your season may end then without any kind of postseason.

basebill123 likes this

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

If you're one of the 1st few teams left out of the NCAA field and are deemed an "alternate" to replace an NCAA squad who can't compete because of COVID, then you would not participate in the NIT.  Correct?

I think the obvious choice is that you'd forgo the NIT for any NCAA chance.  However, it does stink that your season may end then without any kind of postseason.

I think you can do both. The alternates will only come into play if one of the selected teams has to withdraw prior to the tournament due to covid issues. Once everyone has played, that's the bracket. If something happens second weekend, I believe that's just a forfeit. Since the NIT will start after the NCAA, they'll be able to play in the NIT if they don't get moved into the NCAA

17 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Just FYI, should the Bills wind up on the outside looking in, @slufanskipand I have a plan in place to infect any teams that are ahead of us.  I'm not going to go into details, but it involves monkeys.  I hope there aren't too many teams ahead of us, because we only have access to a limited number of monkeys.

slufanskip, RUBillsFan and CBFan like this

1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

Just FYI, should the Bills wind up on the outside looking in, @slufanskipand I have a plan in place to infect any teams that are ahead of us.  I'm not going to go into details, but it involves monkeys.  I hope there aren't too many teams ahead of us, because we only have access to a limited number of monkeys.

Can one monkey be used to infect multiple teams?  You've got to stretch your resources if necessary.

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Can one monkey be used to infect multiple teams?  You've got to stretch your resources if necessary.

Yes, but it really comes down to logistics.  Sending one monkey to, say, Utah State and Duke could prove difficult.  But then again, we're accustomed to handling challenges like this.

11 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

-it is good to know we have a backup plan and the right folks to execute it, solid thinking

16 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Bats 

43 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Yes, but it really comes down to logistics.  Sending one monkey to, say, Utah State and Duke could prove difficult.  But then again, we're accustomed to handling challenges like this.

surely the ncaa has the logistics expertise to schedule the monkey's accordingly to maximize their use.   in the future, they should probably make sure this isnt an issue though.  

53 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

surely the ncaa has the logistics expertise to schedule the monkey's accordingly to maximize their use.   in the future, they should probably make sure this isnt an issue though.  

Don't think this op is sanctioned by the NCAA.  Truly we need to go old school, Wizard of OZ  style, with flying monkeys  

White Pelican likes this