The Seniors need help

CBFan

27 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I agree with B'roy on this. He's not catching the pass at the right time or in the right position. I don't think he's been pressured on a lot of his misses. Rather, I don't think he's getting the ball in the right flow and that affects his rhythm. In fact I've seen him catch it flat footed wide open and miss. The best example I can give of a shooter catching the ball on the move that gets him in rhythm is the 3 point shooting contests. The guy is moving to a new position and catches the ball in motion and releases. It's a lot different than just standing there motionless and tossing up a shot. 

2 things: First, I’m not sure which 3 point contests you’re watching, but every one I’ve seen involves stationary shooting from 5 separate locations. Second, saying Jimerson should be moving more to get open or in rhythm is an entirely different point. Even if that’s true (I don’t know), some blame could be given to the offense the team is running.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I agree with B'roy on this. He's not catching the pass at the right time or in the right position. I don't think he's been pressured on a lot of his misses. Rather, I don't think he's getting the ball in the right flow and that affects his rhythm. In fact I've seen him catch it flat footed wide open and miss. The best example I can give of a shooter catching the ball on the move that gets him in rhythm is the 3 point shooting contests. The guy is moving to a new position and catches the ball in motion and releases. It's a lot different than just standing there motionless and tossing up a shot. 

I find this conversation interesting, because it is reasonable folks seeing completely different things.  I have to disagree with you and B'Roy and agree with BB40 and others.  I have seen Jimerson get very few open shots lately.  What I see is that he seems to be forcing shots every time a teammate gets the ball to him and he has the slightest opening.

We've all seen his shot.  His shot starts from very high up on his body, pretty much head level.  If he gets the pass at chest level or higher, he gets his shot of lightning quick.  If the pass comes in low or slightly off to a side, his release is slower, because he has to get himself in position.  Even if the pass is errant, he still gets it off faster than most.

I think the reason he hasn't been shooting as well lately is because he's not getting the ball when he's wide open.  He's only getting the ball when he's somewhat covered and feels like he has to get the shot up because he's a shooter.  With a hand in his face, he'll shoot 30-35%.  More open and he could shoot 40-45%.

B'Roy suggested to watch Jimerson tonight.  I agree.  Watch and see how often he's standing at the three point line, wide open and not getting the ball.  Then see how open he is the times his teammates actually get him the ball.  You will notice a big difference.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

13, you should go ask rueter what i am talking about.   he is the biggest proponent of catching a pass completely ready i have ever heard.   you guys are not seeing the right thing i am telling you he has to adjust when he catches it and then releases.   he does it pretty quick, but it isnt without flaw.   

yes he is better than jacobs or goodwin at it, but that isnt perfect. and for a guy that will make his living shooting he needs to be perfect.   go watch jj reddick.   or go back in billiken time and watch claggett.   

Who is rueter? 

40 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I find this conversation interesting, because it is reasonable folks seeing completely different things.  I have to disagree with you and B'Roy and agree with BB40 and others.  I have seen Jimerson get very few open shots lately.  What I see is that he seems to be forcing shots every time a teammate gets the ball to him and he has the slightest opening.

We've all seen his shot.  His shot starts from very high up on his body, pretty much head level.  If he gets the pass at chest level or higher, he gets his shot of lightning quick.  If the pass comes in low or slightly off to a side, his release is slower, because he has to get himself in position.  Even if the pass is errant, he still gets it off faster than most.

I think the reason he hasn't been shooting as well lately is because he's not getting the ball when he's wide open.  He's only getting the ball when he's somewhat covered and feels like he has to get the shot up because he's a shooter.  With a hand in his face, he'll shoot 30-35%.  More open and he could shoot 40-45%.

B'Roy suggested to watch Jimerson tonight.  I agree.  Watch and see how often he's standing at the three point line, wide open and not getting the ball.  Then see how open he is the times his teammates actually get him the ball.  You will notice a big difference.

standing wide open in the corner when the ball is on the other side of the floor isnt really wide open.   it is the rare pass that can get to that target without at least being deflected if not outright stolen.   and once that ball get one pass closer to the corner, you can bet the jimmerson defender is no longer faded to the middle.   i do not recall a lot of wide open jimmerson and the ball can be gotten with one pass.   

3star_recruit likes this

Everyone on this board wanted more minutes for TJ including me. Those minutes have to come from somewhere. Tonight they were from Jimerson . Fred is getting some of Jacob’s . Just not enough to go around unless you take them from the seniors and not sure you want to do that. Hard to play more than 8 

25 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Half the board had given up on French a week ago.  Jimerson has had a tough last four games.  But it's not over til it's over.

1 minute ago, joe_davola said:
26 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Half the board had given up on French a week ago.  Jimerson has had a tough last four games.  But it's not over til it's over.

Nm 

The bench had a nice game and when Perkins got his 4th foul I posted in the GDT who other than the seniors will step up and the answer was Collins, Linssen and Thatch.

Thatch did miss 2 bunnies however his 3 point shot and defense to cause a turnover was huge reason they beat Richmond.

Yuri Collins has 4 turnovers but he had 9 assists and was a magician under 4 minutes to play to secure the win.

Linssen was his normal productive self.