Between Covid and Consternation and a Cavalcade of Horrific Consequences..............

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Here’s what’s hard to figure. Last year we gave #3 ranked UD two of their toughest games. And then we blew out VCU by 20 or so. Now with supposedly the same team plus 2 key players back from injuries, we lose to both of them. First UD loss is understandable, 2nd loss is unexplainable given we got blasted. VCU, minus their all conference star, and we lose to them. We are supposed to be much better and deeper than last year, so why are we crumbling like a stale cookie? Something’s missing. I wish I knew what it is. 

I really believe that the covid pause + playing poor basketball is taken the fun and energy out of this team.  They look like they're only playing because coach said we have a game this week and we have to be there. 

A10Ref likes this

It seems we think you either die from covid or all the symptoms are gone in 4-6 weeks. I've been reading about other athletes, baseball players from last year saying how months later they still felt lethargic and didn't have their normal energy level. Neither coaches or players want to use it as an excuse and I get that and don't blame them. 

I watch this team play now, it seems obvious to me we are a 1/2 step slow. We don't have the same energy level we did previously. Maybe they push through it and play a great game but then it wears them down quicker and they can't recover as quickly. Maybe it's causing them to try too hard to make something happen, to become their old selves again. I'm sure the effects are different to some extent for everyone. 

What I do know is this, I've watched this team and JGood and Has for 4 years. I don't believe they aren't giving their all. I don't believe for one second that everything they have isn't being left out on the floor. And imo that's all I can ask of a team. Let the results lie where they lie, just give me everything you have. I believe this team does that, therefore I'm ok with where we are and I'll be good with however it turns out

8 hours ago, wgstl said:

I really believe that the covid pause + playing poor basketball is taken the fun and energy out of this team.  They look like they're only playing because coach said we have a game this week and we have to be there. 

I really respect your posts, but I think you’re a little off base here. French surely looked into it last night. JGood appears into it every game. I do think Perkins is down a bit as he’s finding it harder to score at will since the A10 knows him better. It’s why I think he should return.  Yurimania’s been nicked up. Not making excuses just my observations. 

No doubt the 33 day Plague layoff hurt us in the momentum department. It’s hard to get restarted. I just hope the find the turbo button from here on out. If we can win these last 2 and the tourney we might get back the mojo everyone thought we had 5 months ago. 

BilliesBy40 likes this