GDT: ROUTE THE RAMS

mrjoelabs

7 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Baylor, imo before their pause would beat gonzaga by 10+, now they are losing to 2 win ISU. I bet they win tonight, but c'mon brotha. Open yo eyes

We have been off the pause for four weeks now.  This isn’t about losing the first two game back. This is about losing the last two games.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

We have been off the pause for four weeks now.  This isn’t about losing the first two game back. This is about losing the last two games.

If we win the first two back which we would’ve with a normal team, we’d currently be 13-3 with our only losses @Minn, @Dayton, and @VCU. We would easily be a tournament team. COVID killed us

I'll run and hide after this but I thought Yuri fouled him on the floor. I know that wasn't called but it should have been in my opinion. The French 5th foul was horrendous though.

Refs or no refs. Covid or no covid. You have to beat a shorthanded VCU team if you want to play in the NCAA tournament. 

Stuff we can control:

Jimerson needs to shoot when he's open.  I saw him pass up a money shot with less than two minutes left.  Dude, that's why you're out there.  He got another open opportunity shortly after and missed but I can accept that.  He needs to get used to shooting daggers when we need them.

The three seniors stepped up and did what they were supposed to do.  That's a good sign.  It's your show, gentlemen.  Props to Has for showing doubters that he's still Hasahn M'Fin French.

Stuff we can't control:

Yuri's inability to make sharp change of direction on that ankle.  He's trying to grind his way through it but he's not fooling anybody.  There's only so much offense we can generate without him being fast and precise.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

this is why 98% of teams play 1-2 easy games to get going early in season. we didnt have that, nor did we have the practice before that 

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I'll run and hide after this but I thought Yuri fouled him on the floor. I know that wasn't called but it should have been in my opinion. The French 5th foul was horrendous though.

he did but it was still a double + so doesnt matter. 

Helluva performance by French. It’s a shame he had to battle all 3 refs too. Can’t remember what moron said Linssen should get more playing time but he should be banned from this forum (I really need cut back on the emotional posts right after bad losses). 

Excuse or no excuse, this team just hasn’t been the same since their COVID pause.

Haven’t even thought about it until now but is there still an NIT tournament this year?

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Stuff we can control:

Jimerson needs to shoot when he's open.  I saw him pass up a money shot with less than two minutes left.  Dude, that's why you're out there.

this has become an issue.  He can go 0-6, but hes still more help than never shooting. 

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Refs or no refs. Covid or no covid. You have to beat a shorthanded VCU team if you want to play in the NCAA tournament. 

Agree with all of this. My issue with the Yuri foul was how late the call came in. 2 of our guys were already at half court on the fast break. The fact the foul occurred on the floor makes it even worse.

majerus mojo likes this

4 minutes ago, willie said:

I am with Billiken Roy on one thing. We need to play faster. We made our best runs pushing the ball. In other words our half court offense sucks. Speed up the game.

Why is it, year after year, we hear we’re going to run, then conference season comes and we slow it down?

22 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I dont buy it.  I'll go deeper but point is, if hes really banged up, he hurts this team.

Don’t buy that he is injured?

Im pretty confident he is playing with some sort of injury and that is really hurting his game.

His minutes are down and play is down. Something is wrong with him.

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Why is it, year after year, we hear we’re going to run, then conference season comes and we slow it down?

Part of running is playing really good D. Hard to run when your opponent is hitting shots.  It is a lot harder to do that against average and above A10 teams than the Arkansas Pine Bluffs of the world.

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Don’t buy that he is injured?

Im pretty confident he is playing with some sort of injury and that is really hurting his game.

His minutes are down and play is down. Something is wrong with him.

So why is he playing? 

If it’s bc of PG play(at the time jgood could have slid in), Russell could have played. Other options were available, which leads me to believe he’s fine, but in a slump. Also if he was injured, I dont think he’d be so involved in fast breaks. 

3 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I need to go review some of his past games. Recently, he seems to be shooting nearly flat footed a lot. 

I really thought he was going to drain that 3 towards the end of the game. We win that game if he hits it, I’m sure of it. 

48 minutes ago, wgstl said:

do you not want to talk about the awful play for the first 20 minutes of the game??? we were not for too much of the game to blame refs imo

You did not answer my question.

I will answer your question, the first half was inexcusable with 10 turnovers.

With there best player out the game it should not have been so close that bad officiating made the difference.

The horrible calls on French and Linssen were bad and I am not the only fan that is saying it was bad and it helped VCU.

I agree the Billikens should have played much better but this unfortunately is who the Billikens are right now and it is disappointing.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

You did not answer my question.

I will answer your question, the first half was inexcusable with 10 turnovers.

With there best player out the game it should not have been so close that bad officiating made the difference.

The horrible calls on French and Linssen were bad and I am not the only fan that is saying it was bad and it helped VCU.

I agree the Billikens should have played much better but this unfortunately is who the Billikens are right now and it is disappointing.

I guess just consider me that guy, but too many plays happen in a game as to why I dont hassle refs.  Im not happy with the refs tonight, but our poor play is why we have 4 losses since coming back from play.