GDT: ROUTE THE RAMS

mrjoelabs

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All i know is the team we thought was our best ever probably won't even dance. Can we win the A10..sure...but playing it in richmond and dayton will be tough. We might as well just rest players these next 2 games and play strickland and hargrove and see what we got. Unless we could drop into the play in game. Seeding does not matter at this point

Just now, billikenblue said:

We all have different opinions but there is no denying for whatever reason we have not been the same team since the COVID layoff ...don’t forget that not only did we have a layoff the majority of the team and Travis actually had COVID 

Travis better not use COVID as an excuse.

Just now, brianstl said:

What magically changes next season with the same team?

Well, for one, I hope that this virus is less of a factor (seems like a no-brainer but you asked)

Two, have you ever heard of people working over a summer and getting better? Maybe you weren't a fan during the Conklin days or you are just misremembering

I thought Ford did well enough to help us win. 

My only bone to pick is with 11 minutes left and Linnsen picked up his 4th to join french.  At that point Jimmy should have come on to guard a Levi who sat there the whole time, and shaved a few min off the clock. 

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

We’ve got two games to fix what’s broken before we most likely have to win 3 in 3 days and one a week later. Not impossible I guess

what a world. we agree. 

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I will ask the billken board, why is no one talking about Jacobs since the break?

To me, he's one of the reason we've struggled. 

Because he is hurt.

At least that’s why I haven’t brought him up.

When Ford has talked about guys being banged and possibly missing games Ive always thought he meant Jacobs. I think we see it in his play.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Are we the only team in the country to deal with COVID?  The women’s program was shut down 3 times and the became the first road team to win at Dayton in 40 games.

Baylor, imo before their pause would beat gonzaga by 10+, now they are losing to 2 win ISU. I bet they win tonight, but c'mon brotha. Open yo eyes

Just now, dlarry said:

Because he is hurt.

At least that’s why I haven’t brought him up.

When Ford has talked about guys being banged and possibly missing games Ive always thought he meant Jacobs. I think we see it in his play.

I dont buy it.  I'll go deeper but point is, if hes really banged up, he hurts this team.

1 minute ago, A10Ref said:

Baylor, imo before their pause would beat gonzaga by 10+, now they are losing to 2 win ISU. I bet they win tonight, but c'mon brotha. Open yo eyes

Texas has been actaully pretty bad since their brief covis pause.  I mean bad to their standard. 

I thought we played pretty well overall. That VCU team was tough and their length gave us trouble. We turned the ball over too much, and Jimerson and Perkins both missed some big shots that we could have used. 

There is no denying that we're banged up. Yuri and Perkins both do not look like they are at 100%. You can call it an excuse if you want, I'm sure we're not the only team banged up. But there's no denying we aren't as physically effective as we were earlier in the season. We're probably not going to get any healthier by Friday, so the team will need to tough it out against a good Richmond team. 

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Weren't we also one of the few teams to have most of our players get covid and have 3 weeks of quarantine with no basketball activity? 

yes.  This is why I love the wiz but when he said we can no longer talk about covid issues, it was clearly not accurate.  Nor did I take that into account.

I love watching Big 12 basketball, and by far Baylor was the class of the conference and ISU the furthest from that this year. I was doubtful about covid causing such an impact until I saw us play, and then had the classic slu fan thought of "well this is just our luck." And we are seeing a clear example of covid being an actual factor.

11 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

No matter what happens the rest of the season, we'll be talking about Teddy Valentine's abuse of power in this game 10 years from now.  This is horrendous even by his standards.

Valentine made the terrible game deciding call but it was the tall silver headed guy who was making bad touch calls all game putting our players in foul trouble. He made 2 awful touch calls against Linsen in about 30 seconds. 

Just now, willie said:

Valentine made the terrible game deciding call but it was the tall silver headed guy who was making bad touch calls all game putting our players in foul trouble. He made 2 awful touch calls against Linsen in about 30 seconds. 

agree completely, but the call at the end is a call unseen in the history of basketball. I was thinking early, the tall white haired guy was getting an ear full from Rhodes and would be a factor... Sure enough, he was.... CALL TO ANY BILLIKEN FAN IN ATTENDANCE FRIDAY: GIVE THE REFEREES HELL. We need a win.

1 minute ago, A10Ref said:

agree completely, but the call at the end is a call unseen in the history of basketball. I was thinking early, the tall white haired guy was getting an ear full from Rhodes and would be a factor... Sure enough, he was.... CALL TO ANY BILLIKEN FAN IN ATTENDANCE FRIDAY: GIVE THE REFEREES HELL. We need a win.

are you talking about the Yuri call? if so, it didnt matter.