Has turn over.

Dayton Turn over:

Has turn over

Dayton scores

Has turn over (#4)

Dayton scores up ten,

Time out.

Next SLU miss

Dayton scores up 12 . game over at this point.

billiken_roy and GoBills73 like this

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, West Coast Billiken said:

This is one of Travis Ford's worst coached games since he arrived at SLU.  The team was not ready to play. When they executed a play...they played right into Dayton's hands.  He positioned his players incorrectly into the Dayton defense.  When they executed most often they were overmatched under the basket.   I put this defeat squarely on him. 

“I thought coach had a good game plan, but the players as a whole did not follow it at all.”

Jordan Goodwin

Goodwin says the players didn’t follow the game plan.

32 minutes ago, drkelsey55 said:

Bills got to within 3 then:

Has turn over.

Dayton Turn over:

Has turn over

Dayton scores

Has turn over (#4)

Dayton scores up ten,

Time out.

Next SLU miss

Yep, definitely the most brutal stretch in the game.

15 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Don’t get the people taking a shot at Ford for leaving Yuri in.  It was garbage time so why not keep him in there longer to get more in game conditioning back.  

Did you watch or listen to the game?  If you did, you know the answer to this question.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

imo, dayton is just better than the billikens.    remember, over half of the dayton losses are by only 1or 2 points.   chapman has been out for most of the year, they have added a couple of players.   as they stand right now, after watching them dominate the billikens last night to the point the billikens looked like the picked iup 6 or 7 kids from the playground and played an ncaa tourney team.  

now is that ford's fault?  did the players not do what he instructed?   i dont know.  but last night wasnt good and the biggest no shows were our three all start seniors imo.   crutcher destroyed us again even after spraining his ankle.  

last, wtf was ford doing playing yuri down the stretch?   the game was long gone and all that could happen happened, he turned the ankle again.   look ford is the best recruiter the billikens have ever had by far.   and in truth at this point in billiken time, that alone keeps ford as our coach maybe forever.   and i believe he is the most inspirational coach getting the most out of the team on pure emotion i have ever seen on the billiken bench.  i am still all in on travis ford.  but you have to admit......

player development?   take a look at the 2021 french

practice coach? what the hell did we see last night?   did they even review the last game?

game coach decisions?  yuri playing on a delicate ankle when we were losing by a million points?  or once again, not getting up and down the floor and letting dayton set the pace?

i dont think we have to worry about ford going anywhere.

Agree with most points here but refuse to believe a team that lost to Fordham is better than us 

12 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Don’t get the people taking a shot at Ford for leaving Yuri in.  It was garbage time so why not keep him in there longer to get more in game conditioning back.  

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Did you watch the game?  If you did, you know the answer to this question. 

I can see both sides of this.

Trying to get some game reps for the final push but it was definitely a risk and it definitely backfired.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

“I thought coach had a good game plan, but the players as a whole did not follow it at all.”

Jordan Goodwin

Goodwin says the players didn’t follow the game plan.

i would think a coach benches the players that arent doing as they are told.  if a player does something else, he damn well better score, steal a pass, make a great pass, etc.   if not, to the bench to think about it. 

43 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

he can get that today in practice 

33 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Agree with most points here but refuse to believe a team that lost to Fordham is better than us 

so what happened then last night to be totally embarrassed like we were?   and if you are going to use the "we just had a bad game" excuse, then couldnt that have happened to dayton vs fordham?   see wiz's comments about last night. 

sorry, what i saw last night was a dayton team that is good.   better than the record and NET they currently possess.   again remember, Dayton has 5 losses by 1 or 2 points.   their record would look pretty good with an additional 3 pointer in those 5 games.

They smothered us on defense. We couldn’t get open. On top of that, GJ couldn’t catch a beach ball, a 6 year old could have ripped the ball away from French, jacobs is still struggling to score from anywhere, Perkins couldn’t create space, jgood tried to force too much, Fred went Mia on offense. 

54 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Dayton clearly looked like the superior team last night. Better quickness, better shooters, better coaching. Why you remove TJ after being an early spark was mystifying. You don't lose much with Linssen on the floor and with Has' clearly in a fog last night, leave him out there.

Our D effort was there but you can't guard what you can't see. The Flyers were so much quicker than us we couldn't stop penetration at any point. Add to that the deterioration of Has's game and the ice cold shooting, and we had no chance. At this point, I'm just hoping for two wins at home and that our shooters find their touch in the tourney. I read that the NIT will be held this year so if we can't sneak into the dance, I'd be happy with at least something going on in the post-season.

2 hours ago, drkelsey55 said:

Bills got to within 3 then:

Has turn over.

Dayton Turn over:

Has turn over

Dayton scores

Has turn over (#4)

Dayton scores up ten,

Time out.

Next SLU miss

Absolutely correct. Said same to my dad after game (billikenbooster). Those Has consecutive turnovers destroyed our surge, and I believe the team really lost out at this point. Recall watching body language in the timeout Ford called when we were then down 10 and it just looked bad. 

the one time the dayton big just took the ball out of french's hands.   i was in shock.   i have never seen any player do that to french.   i knew he wasnt playing last night after that.

13 hours ago, eastsidejoe said:

It's the coaches job to have his team ready to play

Coach blamed himself, but he's just taking heat as he should. However, He doesn't close out, rotate defensively, set a screen, make a pass, take shot, etc... 

Players make plays ... or they don't in this case

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the one time the dayton big just took the ball out of french's hands.   i was in shock.   i have never seen any player do that to french.   i knew he wasnt playing last night after that.

Twice, I believe the ud frosh with the weird name did it too 

13 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

It would not surprise me if we find out that he had COVID and has struggled to recover since. Just seems off. 

Has had Covid back in the spring when his entire family got it and he had family members die including I think his grandmother...he said at the start of this season on social media he still didn't feel right...may have gotten it again recently. Along with that just lost a close friend to covid...this taken as a whole may have had a big impact on him 

Hargrove’s attitude and the way he carries himself on the bench is pretty remarkable when you look at some of these other college crybabies. He was a top recruit and struggles to get more than 5 minutes a game through 2 seasons, to the point it feels like he’s in some weird Ford doghouse. Credit to him. 

23 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Hargrove’s attitude and the way he carries himself on the bench is pretty remarkable when you look at some of these other college crybabies. He was a top recruit and struggles to get more than 5 minutes a game through 2 seasons, to the point it feels like he’s in some weird Ford doghouse. Credit to him. 

TJ has one of the best attitudes I’ve ever seen.

I saw the game, I’ve read the posts, and I believe we are deeper and better shooters than most teams we play.  Go faster & keep at least 2 3pt threats on the floor & have them launch until they get their rhythm.  We’v all seen guys light it up once they’ve hit a few.  

It looked like we gave up & I don’t like that look.