crymdg2

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

This.

I really believe this game would have been completely different if the Bills their WIDE OPEN looks the first few trips down.

They were ready to play.

They missed wide open looks at an incredible clip the first 3 minutes and that caused them to panic.

That where the game was lost.

The missed shots got into their heads and they couldn’t recover.

And Ford called time out and.......and.......and.......

Just now, slufan13 said:

Yeah shooting slumps happen so I can accept that (for now) but he had a stretch tonight where he looked like he's never played sports 

i mean he couldnt recieve a pass without bobbling it 

49 minutes ago, NH said:

Maybe the worst performance in a big game I’ve ever seen. We don’t deserve to be in the NCAA tournament based on our resume right now.

BUT if we come together, take this loss as a shot to our mental and physical toughness, and come back and beat VCU on the road they will have proved that they deserve to still be fighting.

No matter what happens this season I am proud of everything Goodwin has laid on the line these four years. Same with French. They deserve to go out with their heads held high knowing they gave it their all during this final 3 games plus the conference tourney. And I’m gonna root my ass off for them to do that.

Well Said..........

It is Ford’s job to have his team ready. It is Ford’s job to make adjustments when the game plan isn’t working. Neither of those things happened tonight.  These are the players Ford recruited. If the NCAA tournament started tomorrow, we wouldn’t be in.  We would have gone four years with Goodwin and French with only one NCAA appearance and no victories in the tournament.

There is time still to fix the season.  It needs to happen.

54 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm not saying he was good tonight but this is like the 8th game in a row where I've wondered why Linssen doesn't play even even few more minutes.

It’s gotta be Linssen the rest of the way. He’s better than French at every aspect of the forward position at this point. 

mrjoelabs likes this

Why the “bad post”, @NH ? Linssen had been more productive offensively (if he doesn’t have a high percentage shot he’ll kick it out), he’s been more effective at defending the rim and altering shots, he seems to be better positioned to rebound, he limits turnovers (that could also be a product of low minutes), and we certainly know he’s better at shooting FTs . I think Linssen is also effective at getting inside his opponent’s head. What part of French’s game, currently, would you say is better than Linssen’s? I’m not suggesting French be relegated to third on the depth chart but Linssen has earned a lot more playing time. Does SLU beat the Bonnies without Linssen? Has there been any game this year where you asked yourself, “Do we win that one without French?”  

At this point I’d love to see what Okoro could bring to the table but I guess he’s still recovering? I think someone said zero chance he plays this year but couldn’t remember the reason. 

48 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

It’s gotta be Linssen the rest of the way. He’s better than French at every aspect of the forward position at this point. 

Linssen is one of the only players on the team who can truly create his own shot from his spots on the floor. This fact explains a lot about our struggles.

49 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Why the “bad post”, @NH ? Linssen had been more productive offensively (if he doesn’t have a high percentage shot he’ll kick it out), he’s been more effective at defending the rim and altering shots, he seems to be better positioned to rebound, he limits turnovers (that could also be a product of low minutes), and we certainly know he’s better at shooting FTs . I think Linssen is also effective at getting inside his opponent’s head. What part of French’s game, currently, would you say is better than Linssen’s? I’m not suggesting French be relegated to third on the depth chart but Linssen has earned a lot more playing time. Does SLU beat the Bonnies without Linssen? Has there been any game this year where you asked yourself, “Do we win that one without French?”  

At this point I’d love to see what Okoro could bring to the table but I guess he’s still recovering? I think someone said zero chance he plays this year but couldn’t remember the reason. 

I suppose I just disagree with the majority of your post. 

Just now, Billiken Rich said:

Don't know what this means but this was not a joke a few days ago

I think Jim Mora was the NFL coach who famously said (after a reporter asked about his struggling team making the playoffs) "Playoffs!? Playoffs?? sputter, sputter etc. Playoffs? You're asking about PLAYOFFS???"

15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

We lost this one by a lot of points. It is what it is, cannot be fixed. Now to the next one.

I agree with the old guy, there is time to heal, and then move on. We can’t shoot that bad every time. Also, I hate to complain, but the refs really made it hard for us to shoot the ball at all by swallowing their whistles in the first half.

This is one of Travis Ford's worst coached games since he arrived at SLU.  The team was not ready to play. When they executed a play...they played right into Dayton's hands.  He positioned his players incorrectly into the Dayton defense.  When they executed most often they were overmatched under the basket.   I put this defeat squarely on him. 

imo, dayton is just better than the billikens.    remember, over half of the dayton losses are by only 1or 2 points.   chapman has been out for most of the year, they have added a couple of players.   as they stand right now, after watching them dominate the billikens last night to the point the billikens looked like the picked iup 6 or 7 kids from the playground and played an ncaa tourney team.  

now is that ford's fault?  did the players not do what he instructed?   i dont know.  but last night wasnt good and the biggest no shows were our three all start seniors imo.   crutcher destroyed us again even after spraining his ankle.  

last, wtf was ford doing playing yuri down the stretch?   the game was long gone and all that could happen happened, he turned the ankle again.   look ford is the best recruiter the billikens have ever had by far.   and in truth at this point in billiken time, that alone keeps ford as our coach maybe forever.   and i believe he is the most inspirational coach getting the most out of the team on pure emotion i have ever seen on the billiken bench.  i am still all in on travis ford.  but you have to admit......

player development?   take a look at the 2021 french

practice coach? what the hell did we see last night?   did they even review the last game?

game coach decisions?  yuri playing on a delicate ankle when we were losing by a million points?  or once again, not getting up and down the floor and letting dayton set the pace?

i dont think we have to worry about ford going anywhere.

We were unprepared last night and we played terribly. I also think Dayton is a terrible matchup for us. I see some similarities to us and Butler the year they were in the A10. Butler was a really good team but they had no chance against SLU. 

Tuesdays game against VCU will say a lot. An at large bid isn't out of the question but you have to win the rest of the regular season games and do some damage in the A10 tournament