GDT: Duck Fayton

crymdg2

Maybe the worst performance in a big game I’ve ever seen. We don’t deserve to be in the NCAA tournament based on our resume right now.

BUT if we come together, take this loss as a shot to our mental and physical toughness, and come back and beat VCU on the road they will have proved that they deserve to still be fighting.

No matter what happens this season I am proud of everything Goodwin has laid on the line these four years. Same with French. They deserve to go out with their heads held high knowing they gave it their all during this final 3 games plus the conference tourney. And I’m gonna root my ass off for them to do that.

slufanskip and CBFan like this

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inexcusable loss.  They got to win the next 3 to pull this out and probably do a semi at least in the A-10 to have a chance.

they just couldn’t shoot worth a damn and that was it.

not blaming Ford although he begrudgingly tried to get his starters going when he should’ve just run this depth and kept them in the game early.  French coming back in killed them when they went on that mini run to tighten it back up.  

majerus mojo likes this

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Ford on the postgame:  "Yes, a terrible performance.  They were moving at a different speed than we were.  I didn't have our team prepared.  We did nothing good.  We got to figure out how to play a whole lot better than tonight."

Protecting his team. He didn’t miss any open jumpers or layups.

slufanskip likes this

5 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Protecting his team. He didn’t miss any open jumpers or layups.

Agree.

Thats what a coach says after every loss. Nothing more than Coach speak.

That said, he could have done things different. Not a good end game performance. 
But when you should 19-70 it doesn’t matter. No coach is winning that game.

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm not saying he was good tonight but this is like the 8th game in a row where I've wondered why Linssen doesn't play even even few more minutes.

Agreed.  French is so worried about getting fouls that his game is totally different.  He’s not getting nearly as many blocked and altered shots this year.  The same with rebounds.

2 minutes ago, TRN said:

Agreed.  French is so worried about getting fouls that his game is totally different.  He’s not getting nearly as many blocked and altered shots this year.  The same with rebounds.

This is called regression.  He’s gotten worse.

9 minutes ago, Fraz said:

This is called regression.  He’s gotten worse.

What happened to the 24 points, 21 rebounds against Belmont Has'? Where'd that guy go?

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

when you play this bad, it doesnt matter who the coach is.

This.

I really believe this game would have been completely different if the Bills hit any of  their WIDE OPEN looks the first few trips down.

They were ready to play.

They missed wide open looks at an incredible clip the first 3 minutes and that caused them to panic.

That where the game was lost.

The missed shots got into their heads and they couldn’t recover.