GDT: Duck Fayton

crymdg2

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

This is Fred Thatch's night to become "the man".   Fred dominates crutcher we make the ncaa tourney.  

Agree Roy and also a good time for Jimerson to hit 3 pointers at 40 percent, A French double double, Jacobs, Hargrove, and Collins scoring.

Goodwin and Perkins have carried the team with scoring and I think Thatch has arrived and Linssen has been a solid contributor.

Its time for everyone in big game to show up and give Dayton, VCU, and Richmond the smack down and take the A10 champion crown.

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

This game will be decided in 2 places. The boards, and the 3 point line. Can we outrebound them, can we shoot the 3, and most importantly can we DEFEND the 3. 

True and true.  Dayton out rebounded us 32 to 30 at our house.  Tshimanga got 10 of those.  That can't happen tonight.  Ford discussed the rebounding issue on his Coach's Show on Monday.  I think the issue was identified and corrected. 

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

Who is the man
That would risk his neck for his brother, man?

Shaft

Can ya dig it?
Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about

Shaft

Right on
You see this cat, Shaft is a bad mother

“Hush your mouth, but your talking ‘bout Shaft!!”

Here’s the deal guys: If we play our game, we win. It really is as simple as that. We played like a big, steaming pile of horse manure (although Covid obviously played a huge part) in that 1st game, and we still only lost by 5. What we CANNOT DO, is get too hyped up because it’s a big game against the dreaded Dayton Flyers and start forcing the issue, committing silly, unforced turnovers, resorting back to playing hero ball, going 1-on-4, and trying to make a game-winning play with 8 minutes left in the first half. If we just relax and play our game, we’re gonna win. When we’re playing our worst, we’re our own worst enemy. We just gotta trust ourselves and our teammates and we’ll be fine.

Just now, A10Ref said:

I would kinda like to see Yuri come off the bench. Show them the Thatch/Goodwin guard combo with suffocating D and then out of the first TV timeout we get the bolt of lightning that is Yurimania.

and I mean that just with Yuri coming back from injury and if he's a go tonight... Obviously, when healthy, he is our starting PG.

-what I will be looking for tonight....

-guard who we are supposed to guard, no help, no leaving which creates open looks, especially Crutcher and Watson, hand in their face and do not foul jump shooters, I would like to see what Fred could do on Crutcher, JGood stay with your man

-rebound like animals, werewolves perhaps

-single digit turnovers, since returning from pause our t/o’s are 11,9,4,12,7,10

-make shots, if we are taking what we define as good shots we will be fine

It seemed most of Crutcher's damage in the first game was against Yuri. In particular, he got off to a hot start. And I don't think JGood is quick enough to handle Crutcher. I thought Fred cooled him down in the first half of that game. So I would start Fred, to try to prevent Crutcher from getting off to a hot start. We can bring Yuri off the bench to provide a spark. Fred has started the last two games, so he should be comfortable in that role. 

billiken_roy and RUBillsFan like this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Per Stu, Collins has been practicing some the past two days, and his availability tonight is of course a Game Time Decision. 

Looking for same lineup with Yuri relieving Goodwin at PG when needed, Russell back on bench.  Not expecting big minutes for Yuri unless he is 100%.  Doubtful he is 100% given the nature of ankle injuries,  They tend to linger .....

billiken_roy likes this

14 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Idk what this mean, I see Colorado tho

Sorry, it’s just that I get grumped up whenever I see a positive reference to an Internacional player...and I express myself better in Português...probably just as well no one understands.  Kind of a Cards/Cubs thing, but more emotional..