GDT: vs LaSalle

9 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Nice revenge win tonight by the Bills. There is another one waiting in Dayton on Friday night. Jordan had a great game. We need another one on Friday. Get out on their 3 point shooters as we did not do a good job in the game on our home court.

We didn't get out on LaSalle's shooters tonight, they were just ice cold. The 3 defense has to improve.  But it was nice hearing the announcers say SLU could beat anyone but Baylor or Gonzaga. I hope he is right.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Glorydayzedandconfused said:

the liability at the FT line is inexcusable at this point and he isnt putting up double digit points or 17 point games like he used to 

French is a dominant defensive player and rebounder. He’s also a very good passer and can score in the post. I’ll be the first to say he has offensive flaws but the man has earned his due as one of the best bigs in modern Billiken history. 

cgeldmacher and Bills71 like this

9 minutes ago, dlarry said:

They looked great.

Dominated a team from start to finish that they are suppose to dominate.

Fun game to watch.

Not much else to say about this one.

Very fun game to watch, and we did dominate start to finish, but we can play even better. Imagine if Jimerson shoots his normal percentage tonight (keep shooting Gibby), and we (justifiably) took our foot off the gas for the last quarter of the game. We’re, by far, the best team in this league, but we’ve still got another gear. Let’s Go! #TeamBlue

52 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Have fun watching Goodwin these last 6 weeks because we will never see another player like him again. 

16 points, 15 rebounds, and eight assists for Jordan Goodwin tonight in Saint Louis' win over La Salle. A10's version of Marcus Smart. Should be Conference POY.
Compton likes this

58 minutes ago, NH said:

French is a dominant defensive player and rebounder. He’s also a very good passer and can score in the post. I’ll be the first to say he has offensive flaws but the man has earned his due as one of the best bigs in modern Billiken history. 

Exactly this.  Linssen > French at scoring, French > Linssen at passing & ball handling (which aren’t essential for a big, but nice to have),  French >>> Linssen on D & rebounding.  Overall French is the better player despite his flaws.

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

Exactly this.  Linssen > French at scoring, French > Linssen at passing & ball handling (which aren’t essential for a big, but nice to have),  French >>> Linssen on D & rebounding.  Overall French is the better player despite his flaws.

And it’s great to have two high-quality backup bigs like we do.

basebill123 and RUBillsFan like this

8 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I agree with your scoring and defensive assessment. I think Linssen is a more polished passer. He had 3 assists last night and played 13 minutes less than French who had 0 assists. 

6 minutes ago, SLU1818 said:

I agree with your scoring and defensive assessment. I think Linssen is a more polished passer. He had 3 assists last night and played 13 minutes less than French who had 0 assists. 

No doubt we need Has in there for 30mpg. However, at the end of a close game where FT's could easily mean the diff between a W or an L, he has to come out. His FT's are getting worse. If he touches the ball at the end of a close one, he'll be mugged on every touch. At that point it's like playing 5 on 4. 

10 minutes ago, slu72 said:

No doubt we need Has in there for 30mpg. However, at the end of a close game where FT's could easily mean the diff between a W or an L, he has to come out. His FT's are getting worse. If he touches the ball at the end of a close one, he'll be mugged on every touch. At that point it's like playing 5 on 4. 

Yes, I’m in support of this strategy. I was merely making a case for Linssen being a better passer than French

20 minutes ago, SLU1818 said:

Those 3 assists are Linssen's career high in his three years of college.  French averages nearly that many.  He's just struggling in multiple phases of the game right now.  Some post pause hangovers are longer than others.

French is who he is.  Great players severely lacking in FT ability.  Situational substitutions will be the order of the day if and when that day comes.  French in on defense, Linssen on offense.  And if the change can't be made, we have enough savvy in Goodwin, Collins and Perkins to keep the ball away from Hasahn should that be the case.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

this isnt the same french from the previous 3 years.    he is still a very good player, but it seems he doesnt have the same level of enthusiasm.   we see spurts of the old french but he disappears far too often.  just give me a couple of those highlight reel blocks has please.   i also wonder if he has put on some unwanted weight.   i am not sure if linssen is better, i doubt it, but right now i see more activity and enthusiasm from linssen that i do from has.   we need the old french back.   

dennis_w likes this

2 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I wouldn’t stress out too much. Read up on the law of averages.

only problem with that, hes averaging out much quicker than you would like. 

Also, does this have anything to do with Thatch's play as of late?

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I will say im slightly concerened with Jacobs shooting recently. 

In the last 5 games hes 3-17 from 3, 18%

in the last 3 games hes 1-11 from the field 

Keep in mind that he got hurt at the end of the St. Bona game and has been largely ineffective since. I think Ford noted on the Coaches Show that DJ was still recovering his rhythm and timing. I personally thought he looked better last night than he had in the prior games and think the shooting should come back soon.

1 minute ago, NH said:

Keep in mind that he got hurt at the end of the St. Bona game and has been largely ineffective since. I think Ford noted on the Coaches Show that DJ was still recovering his rhythm and timing. I personally thought he looked better last night than he had in the prior games and think the shooting should come back soon.

Good point, had forgotten he got knocked around in that game