GDT: @ Fordham

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad we took care of business.  I was worried a little bit about Fordham taking the air out of the ball and turning it into a slog.  We'd shoot poorly from the outside and the game would be a closer win than it should be.  All of that kind of happened except we the outrebounded the living hell out of them so it didn't matter & was a laugher regardless of poor shooting.  

Team played great. Jacobs and Hargrove still in funks. At least TJ got some PT. Russell shows he's deserving of a scholarship. I'd be shocked if he doesn't take one of the three that open up. 

Team will be laser-focused to pay back LaSalle. Tough home stretch of schedule, but 4-1 has them on the right side of the bubble. LSU and Minny continue to help us in the OOC. 

Just now, Crewsorlose said:

Team played great. Jacobs and Hargrove still in funks. At least TJ got some PT. Russell shows he's deserving of a scholarship. I'd be shocked if he doesn't take one of the three that open up. 

Team will be laser-focused to pay back LaSalle. Tough home stretch of schedule, but 4-1 has them on the right side of the bubble. LSU and Minny continue to help us in the OOC. 

I’m not so sure Perkins will leave. 

22 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Perkins would be pre-season All-American and the Bills would go into the season as a top 25 team.  He can declare this year and get some feedback from the NBA on what he needs to work on.  

As much as everyone would love that, there’s just no way he’d come back.. he’ll be top two or three leading scorers in A10 this year.

39 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

I'm hoping only 2 (JG and HF) open up.  I want JP back!  How good would that be?

Crewsorlose likes this

1 hour ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

As much as everyone would love that, there’s just no way he’d come back.. he’ll be top two or three leading scorers in A10 this year.

What makes you so sure? If he goes to NBA camp and they say well, you have to work on a few things, maybe he decides to stay 1 more year. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

It really depends what Perkins wants to do.  Maybe the NBA tells him he needs another year and Perkins might like 2 more semesters of a great education.

Even though Goodwin said he is moving on that can change because they will not play a complete season.

The season of COVID has really turned what is normal upside down so to think no way someone would not come back would probably be true in a normal year.

14 minutes ago, CBFan said:

It really depends what Perkins wants to do.  Maybe the NBA tells him he needs another year and Perkins might like 2 more semesters of a great education.

Even though Goodwin said he is moving on that can change because they will not play a complete season.

The season of COVID has really turned what is normal upside down so to think no way someone would not come back would probably be true in a normal year.

I’d love for him to come back. We’d be absolutely stacked!  AGAIN!!!

3 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

Jacobs is playing hurt.  Give him credit for playing injured.  It is hard to shoot off of one good foot.

17 hours ago, slu72 said:

What makes you so sure? If he goes to NBA camp and they say well, you have to work on a few things, maybe he decides to stay 1 more year. 

NBA looks at Perkins and sees a guy who's game is pretty filled out. Mid-range game, can score off the bounce or off the pick, range extends to 3. There's not a lot to unlock. He's not turning into a PG or a defensive stopper.

The reasons for staying would be: 1) he just loves playing for SLU; 2) he can further pursue his education for free, and perhaps pick up credits toward an advanced degree.

Assuming he leaves, you run it back with a backcourt of: Yuri, Thatch, Jacobs, and Russell, wings being Jimerson, Strickland, bigs or stretch 4s being Bell, Okoro, TJ, Linßen, and Lorrentson. I suspect Ford invests in a PG and a 5th year big for depth

If Im Lorrentson, I'm not sure there's a clear path to PT in 2021-22. I hope he's patient and really puts in the work to carve out his minutes.