Tickets

mrjoelabs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

You get an email, then download onto your phone. At the time of the download you ate able to transfer to someone else. 
Actually pretty neat. Took an old fart like me a little time to get it done, the techie young folks can do it in s flash.

mhg

Well if you are looking to sell my offer stands. Anyone interested can send a private message to me. 

dennis_w likes this

2 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

You get an email, then download onto your phone. At the time of the download you ate able to transfer to someone else. 
Actually pretty neat. Took an old fart like me a little time to get it done, the techie young folks can do it in s flash.

mhg

Yep - very easy. I'll keep you (labs) in mind if we don't use ours ever for some reason (although I can't imagine that'll happen)

11 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

YOU SIR ARE A ****** BAG.................................................

what in the world

The problem with selling your tix is that when a qualified person gets picked and can not use the tix then they move to the next qualified person in points line.  By accepting and selling your tix to someone else you are actually screwing loyal fans who have given to the program for years.  I personally would not sell my tix that would be unethical.

I think @Billiken Rich's comment on @mrjoelabs was over the top and overly vulgar.  However, I imagine he made the comment because @mrjoelabs is fairly well known on the board for being a fair-weather fan at best and an outright troll at worst.  Just a week ago he was spouting off about how bad / overrated the team was after the Billikens lost the 2 games coming off the COVID pause.

I don't have tickets, but if I did I would sell them to a more loyal fan or even better do what @cheeseman suggests and pass on them so they can go to the next qualified person in line.  I'm sure the point system or whatever SLU AD is using to decide who gets tickets is far from perfect, but it is likely better at rewarding loyal fans than selling to a rando on a message board.

44 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I think @Billiken Rich's comment on @mrjoelabs was over the top and overly vulgar.  However, I imagine he made the comment because @mrjoelabs is fairly well known on the board for being a fair-weather fan at best and an outright troll at worst.  Just a week ago he was spouting off about how bad / overrated the team was after the Billikens lost the 2 games coming off the COVID pause.

I don't have tickets, but if I did I would sell them to a more loyal fan or even better do what @cheeseman suggests and pass on them so they can go to the next qualified person in line.  I'm sure the point system or whatever SLU AD is using to decide who gets tickets is far from perfect, but it is likely better at rewarding loyal fans than selling to a rando on a message board.

Excellent post and that poster is exactly what you said he is and should be the last fair weather fan to get a highly coveted ticket to the game.

I have met @Billikenbooster he is a great fan and friendly person he will make a good decision with the tickets.  Good to see a fan like that is getting in to see the game.

RUBillsFan likes this

It is important to note that people chosen to go to the games are typically only given about 48 hours notice.  You have to respond to the email you get by saying whether you are able to use the tickets or not rather quickly.  You are allowed to transfer tickets to someone else, but, given the small window of time between offer and needing to accept and getting the tickets and trying to transfer them to someone else, it makes it difficult to work out a deal with someone.  I think the option to transfer tickets is more to allow the individual ticket to go on someone else's phone so that you don't have to show up at the same time.  I get the impression that the Athletic Dept. is really wanting you to use the tickets or politely decline.

6 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

It is important to note that people chosen to go to the games are typically only given about 48 hours notice.  You have to respond to the email you get by saying whether you are able to use the tickets or not rather quickly.  You are allowed to transfer tickets to someone else, but, given the small window of time between offer and needing to accept and getting the tickets and trying to transfer them to someone else, it makes it difficult to work out a deal with someone.  I think the option to transfer tickets is more to allow the individual ticket to go on someone else's phone so that you don't have to show up at the same time.  I get the impression that the Athletic Dept. is really wanting you to use the tickets or politely decline.

I think I'm on team politely decline if you aren't going to use them, instead of getting them and giving them to someone else. Let the people lower on the list potentially get a chance at attending. They pay for season tickets, they made a commitment to the program, let them have a go.

SLU_Lax, brianstl, JMM28 and 2 others like this

Also, who are these people that are accepting the tickets and then now showing up to the game.  For those of you that have not been yet, there are white signs on all of the seats that people are not supposed to sit in.  The few seats you are allowed to sit in stand out because they don't have these signs.  At game time, I looked around the arena and saw many sections of seats that were supposed be used that were empty.  I can only assume that these folks responded that they wanted to use the tickets, but then found getting to Chaifetz for the game too inconvenient.  I'll also give everyone one guess where all the empty seats were.  Yes, down low.

If you tell the Athletic Department that you want to use the seats being offered, make sure you use the tickets.

I have been to the last two games. My regular season tickets are in 115. It seems they are somewhat "randomly" assigning people to seats on a game by game basis to spread people out. Saturday I was up in the 200's and last night I was in 110 behind the basket. I wonder if their plans are to continue inviting the same season ticket holders or rotate the list at all. This afternoon I got an email about tickets to next Tuesday's La Salle game. After La Salle there are only two more home games. Of course there could be additional postponements or reschedules.

11 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Thanks for the support.  You are correct sir........I will say I was somewhat impaired at the time of that post.......

13 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

This is a fair point. Makes sense to me.  You’re right - sorry labs lol

RUBillsFan and cgeldmacher like this

On 2/11/2021 at 7:58 PM, pakapablo said:

I have been to the last two games. My regular season tickets are in 115. It seems they are somewhat "randomly" assigning people to seats on a game by game basis to spread people out. Saturday I was up in the 200's and last night I was in 110 behind the basket. I wonder if their plans are to continue inviting the same season ticket holders or rotate the list at all. This afternoon I got an email about tickets to next Tuesday's La Salle game. After La Salle there are only two more home games. Of course there could be additional postponements or reschedules.

I have been to the last two also and have had different seats for each. I have yet another location for tonight's game. My usual tix are also in 115 and I have been consistently in the middle rows in the 200's. It also appears that they are keeping a pretty good "DMZ" around the court with nobody sitting too close to it. Last game I was in 215 and had a video board (I assume for the TV broadcast) right in front of me.