TV and this weeks games

slu72

First page shows URI game on CBS+ Sports. Is that on cable or a premium streaming deal? Also, anyone know if Fordham game is on cable anywhere? I’ve searched both Uverse and ESPN+ and come up empty for both games. Also, what’s happened to Fox MW broadcasts? We getting bumped for the Blues? 

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

First page shows URI game on CBS+ Sports. Is that on cable or a premium streaming deal? Also, anyone know if Fordham game is on cable anywhere? I’ve searched both Uverse and ESPN+ and come up empty for both games. Also, what’s happened to Fox MW broadcasts? We getting bumped for the Blues? 

CBS Sports Network same channel the game was on Saturday. It's a cable channel.

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

We are definitely getting bumped for the blues. Pretty sure all the games the rest of the way other than La Salle and Fordham are on national TV anyway.

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

CBS Sports Network same channel the game was on Saturday. It's a cable channel.

Thanks for the information.

Had I known CBS was showing the game I would have recorded it Saturday.  My ESPN APP did not show any TV which did not make sense.

I searched the internet for a game replay and failed. I searched YouTube CBS and other sites.  Do you have any idea where I could find a replay.  My wife and listened but did not see.

I’m not sure what CBS+ is, but I think it’s the streaming site for CBS sports. I checked CBSSN and they’re not showing the URI game. And I don’t know yet about CBS+. Neither ESPN CABLE nor ESPN+ Is showing anything for Fordham. 

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I’m not sure what CBS+ is, but I think it’s the streaming site for CBS sports. I checked CBSSN and they’re not showing the URI game. And I don’t know yet about CBS+. Neither ESPN CABLE nor ESPN+ Is showing anything for Fordham. 

Avast ye mateys, it's time again for the Pirates! (That's this Pelican's main sports channel anyway.)

The AD website does show CBSsn for RI (Fordham the same) but I don't know how accurate anything is on there, what with all the schedule changes etc.

Billiken Rich likes this

My CBSSN shows VCU @ Dayton at 5 on Tuesday (All times EST).  On Wednesday, I show Rhode Island at us at 9 pm.  Then it shows us at Fordham at 3:30 on Saturday.  I also understand the La Salle game is also on next week.

ESPN will not list games outside its network of ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and so on.

39 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

My CBSSN shows VCU @ Dayton at 5 on Tuesday (All times EST).  On Wednesday, I show Rhode Island at us at 9 pm.  Then it shows us at Fordham at 3:30 on Saturday.  I also understand the La Salle game is also on next week.

ESPN will not list games outside its network of ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and so on.

Taj Mahal 79, who’s your cable co? Uverse doesn’t show it on mine for CBSSN.  

6 hours ago, slu72 said:

I have been able to get the CBS sports network games free via the CBS sports app.  Download the app, then if you have a smart TV you can cast it to the big screen from your tablet or smart phone.  Works great.

18 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I have been able to get the CBS sports network games free via the CBS sports app.  Download the app, then if you have a smart TV you can cast it to the big screen from your tablet or smart phone.  Works great.

Speaking of casting. ESPN + will not let me cast to my TV . Says I am not entitled. Every other streaming service works. Help?

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Speaking of casting. ESPN + will not let me cast to my TV . Says I am not entitled. Every other streaming service works. Help?

That's strange.  I do it for every game on ESPN+.  Works great on my Vizio.  Been doing it for a couple of years.  Can't help you because I do it same as I do other apps like CBS sports app.

My cable provider is Comcast.  It would seem to reason that CBSSN is universal, nationwide.  That what is on is on and not subject to any regional takeovers.  It is channel 854 on my package.  I have three TVs in the house and only my main TV will show CBSSN because that's where my sports package comes in.  I also have ROKU and access to ESPN+.  Any game on ESPN+ can be accessed and then appears also on my main TV.  Not the others.  If I try to access a unpaid for channel on ROKU, like say the SEC Network, it will ask me my provider and either send a code to my cell phone or to the TV itself.   If I don't pay for that service (I don't pay for SEC) I don't get it and it will not show on my set.  

The only issue I have seen in these COVID times is game scheduling and cancellations overtaking the actual programming reality.  I think it was Sunday when my listings showed Xaiver at Villanova when in reality, due to COVID, it was Georgetown at Nova.  That is the only issue I have seen in these times of the Chinese plague.

A10 Talk has us listed as the top team once again after we bashed the Bonnies.  Bring on Rhodey.

17 hours ago, willie said:

@willieDo you have an LG TV? I'm unable to cast as well, and they said it's because ESPN hasn't created a software compatible with their televisions. Androids (and I assume iphones) have a casting or mirroring option where you can link to your smart tv and see your entire phones screen. So you could stream the game on your phone and mirror it to your tv.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:19 PM, slu72 said:

It shows on my guide - not sure why yours would be any different.

On 2/8/2021 at 5:58 PM, Taj79 said:

ESPN.com (as in the actual website, not the app) does show all the channels:

Edit: all times eastern

image.png.91103b457e67f1d1a0bfc40fc8c5d197.png