GDT: What the heck is a "Bonnie" anyway???

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know if I am having more of a feeling of happiness or relief. Probably a combination of both.

Great seeing Perkins find his stroke. 
What a game by Linssen.

Nice game by Jacobs. 

This team looked so much different from the last two games.

I think you really see it with the passing and movement without the ball.

First good defensive performance since the return.  Offense ok.  Rebounding still not where it was.  Overall about as much as could be expected given they haven't been able to practice since the last game.

French has definitely been impacted by the pause in a major way.  He found ways to contribute but to go on a run we need the old Has back.

SLU_Lax and slufanskip like this

28 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

This was the most ridiculous GDT i have ever seen. I am not saying criticism is never warranted, but this was absolutely asinine. We led for 38.5 minutes in this game and so many dumba**** were acting like the sky was falling every minute.

I will refrain from mentioning the accounts (they're all aware they are dipsh***) but quotes like "Ford is Schmidt's ****" (he's now 3-1 with his players and not he who shall not be named's players), "what a joke" "wtf is wrong with these guys" and "Ford is getting outcoached" (see point above). Y'all are lunatics.

First  time caller?,       go ahead you're on the air :)

juniorbill76 and rgbilliken like this

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

French has definitely been impacted by the pause in a major way.  He found ways to contribute but to go on a run we need the old Has back.

Winning is better than losing, but ...

1) French does not seem himself.

2) Goodwin still seems like he's forcing things too often.

3) Hargrove?

It was less than a year ago when a lot of us were in the stands at Chaifetz for senior night. Both teams had a lot of the same players then as now, and we completely dominated them. It was Mardi Gras, and festive. To relive that, see here.

My hunch is that the effects of the virus and the layoff, etc., will linger. This was a huge win, but this team can get significantly better.

1 hour ago, A10Ref said:

This was the most ridiculous GDT i have ever seen. I am not saying criticism is never warranted, but this was absolutely asinine. We led for 38.5 minutes in this game and so many dumba**** were acting like the sky was falling every minute.

I will refrain from mentioning the accounts (they're all aware they are dipsh***) but quotes like "Ford is Schmidt's ****" (he's now 3-1 with his players and not he who shall not be named's players), "what a joke" "wtf is wrong with these guys" and "Ford is getting outcoached" (see point above). Y'all are lunatics.

Hey man, GDTs are a safe space.  No one is held responsible for emotional cold-takes during the game.  We are all fans here (for the most part) 

53 minutes ago, Minerva N. Owl said:

Winning is better than losing, but ...

1) French does not seem himself.

2) Goodwin still seems like he's forcing things too often.

3) Hargrove?

It was less than a year ago when a lot of us were in the stands at Chaifetz for senior night. Both teams had a lot of the same players then as now, and we completely dominated them. It was Mardi Gras, and festive. To relive that, see here.

My hunch is that the effects of the virus and the layoff, etc., will linger. This was a huge win, but this team can get significantly better.

Thanks for posting that link. Enjoying watching that game again. I was there too.  I forgot how much Hargrove played and jammed. Just skyed way up for his second jam of the game. It's easy to see watching this game why we all had/have such high hopes for this year's team.

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

All jesting aside, I have great respect for Coach Schmidt and he St. Bona program. The Bonnies are a worthy adversary and SLU-Bona has become a good rivalry. 

Agreed. How he finds guys to even go there is amazing. He’s a lot like McKillop. Coaches have to use every trick in their kit to beat them. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Gus pissing me off and I’m not even in attendance.

Guy sitting behind me was absolutely lambasting a ref named Mark.  Guess  everyone in the gym could hear him...

BTW, Linssen  was superb, but Bell also did well in the short time he played.  Nice to have three options in the post.

Crowd was as loud as 500 or so could be....

majerus mojo likes this

8 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Guy sitting behind me was absolutely lambasting a ref named Mark.  Guess  everyone in the gym could hear him...

BTW, Linssen  was superb, but Bell also did well in the short time he played.  Nice to have three options in the post.

Interesting. No ref named Mark listed in the box score.

23 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Mark Schmidt?

With the frigid cold weather coming the wife and I had to get the place at Lake of the Ozarks prepared for the frigid cold the next 2 weeks so we had to listen on the KMOX app.

We got to listen to the entire second half coming home and what a wonderful hour and a half of Billiken Basketball.

Beating the bonnies by any means is a great victory because you beat the best coach in the A10.  Our down team pulled a rabbit out of their hat and beat the leading team in the A10.

From what I read in the GDT and heard on the radio app our team is far from being what they were before COVID so they will only improve.

Bring on RI and keep the party going.