GDT: A-10 revenge tour stop 1 - Explorers

A10Ref

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I mean that’s why I put the Covid disclaimer but considering the outcome and how deep we were going into the bench (without Hargrove) then yes I want to try a press

I don't think it's about the amount of players, it's about the ability of the players to move quickly with intensity. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Agreed. But our play has been sloppy. 

The sloppy play is the biggest part of the layoff. It affects their endurance  speed and strength a lot but being off for so long affects rhythm even more IMO.

These guys are in spring training going against teams in mid season form. It’s damn near an impossible task.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

COVID doesn’t explain French’s issues.

I’m not sure that’s true. He looked off at the beginning of the year. Some people have felt the affects of Covid for months. He might be one of them.

Then he finally starts to get his energy back and the layoff hits. 40 days in hotel room and he’s back to square one.

1 hour ago, Lando Griffin said:

This team just needs to get as many games as they can to get some Rhythm back you can tell this lay off and choppy come back has hurt them.

Agree.

They are so far behind other teams right now. It will take a few a lot of games to get caught up. 

At this point there best chance for dancing is winning the A10 tournament.

Use the rest of the games to get back in the groove. Wins and losses be damned. Work on getting back to 100% in time for the A10 tourney. 

That really sucked. I’m just so down at this point, really sucks to see what has come of this season and all of the promise. Have to figure it out quick. Defensively we need to do a better job defending the 3 point line and offensively we need to get better player and ball movement. I’m just beaten down at this point, but hoping the team can rise up.

Ford agrees with everything we were saying last night. Most telling star Yurimania getting only 2 assists. This team is not functioning as a team. At least not the team we saw in the pre Covid times. Too much individual play going on and not much else. Time to start getting things right. 
Any thoughts on Fred not seeing any minutes? Crickets in Ford’s post game comments. I’m thinking serious Covid hangover. 

It’s a new day guys. The loss sucked last night and I know that I was as mad as anyone. But this is still a great team, COVID be damned. If you don’t believe me, go watch some of our highlights from the VCU game last season it when we played LSU. I don’t care if we gotta win 4 games in 4 days again, this team will make the tournament, mark my words. And if I’m wrong, oh well. I’d rather be wrong while supporting this team than be right while doubting it. Go Bills.