A10 Tourney Final Seedings

HoosierPal

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is crazy, but I doubt if it is 'illegal'.  Drake, or St. Bonnie, might be resume building teams if available.  I'd be interested in hearing the A10 and the NCAA comment on this.  Where is  it written that you cannot schedule anymore games after your conference tourney, particularly if you have a loss and the tourney has this crazy 8 day delay between games.

And when we are in the final game, what would prohibit Ford from scheduling a game in that 8 day window between March 6 and March 14.  It would keep the team fresh.   A Bubble Opponent might jump at the chance.

-if I am SLU or whoever we play, I am doing this unless A10 says no

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-if I am SLU or whoever we play, I am doing this unless A10 says no

I agree, only if we win our last 3 games. If we lose once, especially twice, we cant afford losing a game that we randomly schedule that week.

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I agree, only if we win our last 3 games. If we lose once, especially twice, we cant afford losing a game that we randomly schedule that week.

If we win our last three, we should be in anyway.  Our NET is 32 right now.  Winning the next three put us in the 20s.  If that happens, a randomly scheduled game would be dangerous.  Why play it?  If we lose that game it could bounce us right back to the wrong side of the bubble.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

If we win our last three, we should be in anyway.  Our NET is 32 right now.  Winning the next three put us in the 20s.  If that happens, a randomly scheduled game would be dangerous.  Why play it?  If we lose that game it could bounce us right back to the wrong side of the bubble.

Here's a scenario. Say we lose 2 of our last 3 games, and make it to the A10 title game.  Do you play a bubble team then?  If its early enough in the week I say yes.  

Just now, wgstl said:

Here's a scenario. Say we lose 2 of our last 3 games, and make it to the A10 title game.  Do you play a bubble team then?  If its early enough in the week I say yes.  

I would only do this if we are confident that we are on the outside looking in and that another win could put us back in the conversation.  You never know how the committee will view us.  Scheduling another game in any other scenario than what I said above, could backfire and put us out of the tournament when we could be in otherwise.

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

There’s just no way the A10 would let you do this. Too much risk that you could run into a contract tracing issue or negative test and all of a sudden mess up the CBS money from the title game. 

Here is a unique possibility to seed the A10 Tourney, copied off the A10 forum

I'm thinking a three tier seeding process for the tournament.
Top: Teams that beat LaSalle
Middle: Teams that split with LaSalle (including LaSalle)
Bottom: Teams that lost to LaSalle

Isn't that the way things usually work out anyway?

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Here is a unique possibility to seed the A10 Tourney, copied off the A10 forum

I'm thinking a three tier seeding process for the tournament.
Top: Teams that beat LaSalle
Middle: Teams that split with LaSalle (including LaSalle)
Bottom: Teams that lost to LaSalle

Isn't that the way things usually work out anyway?

n/a

We lost 15 spots in the NET with last night's disaster.  We're now at 47.  St. Bonnie is at 44 and VCU 31.  Richmond is 59, Davidson 71 and Dayton up to 80.  I'd classify VCU at in, and St. B and the Bills as in Bubbleville.  Richmond can see the bubble, but they are not on it.

OT;  Colgate sits at 10 NET and are 9-1.  They have played Army 4 times, Holy Cross 4 times and Boston University twice.  The Patriot League is playing pods in this screwed up COVID schedule.  They do intend to have a League tourney, so my guess is that only the winner gets in the NCAA.

Through games on 2/21.  This is somewhat misleading for SLU.  After the next game, or two, we will be at the 60% of median level and will divert to winning %.  GW is the only team that won't meet the mark.

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Wednesday, March 3 at The Stu , VCU

Game 1: 12. George Washington (3-3) vs 13. Fordham 2-11 1:00 PM ESPN+
Game 2: 11. La Salle 5-10 vs 14. Saint Joseph’s 1-9 3:30 PM ESPN+

Thursday, March 4 at Richmond/VCU
Game 3: 8. George Mason (6-6) vs 9. Duquesne 6-6 12:00 PM NBC Sports Network
Game 4: 5. Davidson 6-3 vs Game 1 Winner 2:30 PM NBC Sports Network
Game 5: 7. Dayton 8-6 vs 10. Rhode Island 7-9 6:00 PM NBC Sports Network
Game 6: 6. Richmond 5-3 vs Game 2 Winner 8:30 PM NBC Sports Network

Friday, March 5 at Richmond/VCU
Game 7: 1. St. Bonaventure 9-3 vs Game 3 Winner 12:00 PM NBC Sports Network
Game 8: 4. Massachusetts 6-2 vs Game 4 Winner 2:30 PM NBC Sports Network
Game 9: 2. VCU 9-3 vs Game 5 Winner 6:00 PM NBC Sports Network
Game 10: 3. Saint Louis 4-3 vs Game 6 Winner 8:30 PM NBC Sports Network

Saturday, March 6 at The Stu, VCU
Game 11: Game 7 Winner vs Game 8 Winner 1:00 PM CBS Sports Network
Game 12: Game 9 Winner vs Game 10 Winner 3:30 PM CBS Sports Network

Sunday, March 14 at The Greatest Arena on Earth, Dayton, Ohio
Game 13: Championship Game 1:00 PM CBS

Median Games: 12 *.6 = 7.2
Projected Median: 13 *.6 = 7.8
SEEDS

1. St. Bonaventure 9-3* .750 @Dav, vs GW, vs Day
2. VCU 9-3* .750 vs SLU, @ Dav
3. Saint Louis 4-3%% .570 @VCU, vs Rich, vs UMass They havent hit the median yet
4. Massachusetts 6-2* .750 @ Rich, @ SLU
5. Davidson 6-3 .667 vs SBU, vs VCU
6. Richmond 5-3 .625 vs UMass, @ SLU, vs St Joes
7. Dayton 8-6 .571 @ St Joes, @ SBU
8. George Mason 6-6** .500 vs GW, vs LAS
9. Duquesne 6-6** .500 @LAS, @URI
10. Rhode Island 7-9 .440 @DUQ
11. La Salle 5-10 .333 vsDUQ, vsGM
12. George Washington 3-3% 12th NET @ GM, @ SBU They wont hit the median so putting them here now
13. Fordham 2-11 .154
14. Saint Joseph’s 1-9 .100 vs Day, @ Rich

* SBU 1-1, VCU 1-1, UMass 0-0, Highest common untied Opponent: GM: SBU 1-0, VCU 1-1
** NO head to head, GM 0-1 vs SBU, Duq 0-2
% 12th in NET since they havent hit the median yet
%% 3rd in NET

Crazy time.   Here is SBUnfurled's spreadsheet after Wed games.  Big mover was George Mason, yes the Patriots, who jumped over the Bills and Dayton and are now 6th.  If tonight's standings were final, we would play Dayton.  YIKES.  Luckily they aren't final.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Crazy time.   Here is SBUnfurled's spreadsheet after Wed games.  Big mover was George Mason, yes the Patriots, who jumped over the Bills and Dayton and are now 6th.  If tonight's standings were final, we would play Dayton.  YIKES.  Luckily they aren't final.

Pretty sure we’d play Duquesne

• HoosierPal changed the title to A10 Tourney Current Seedings