Trouble in Richmond VA?

mrjoelabs

4 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I really hope that some of their posts were satire because I couldn’t believe what I  was reading. One guy actually suggested that SLU was responsible tor Richmond going on pause and said that he wouldn't believe anything coming from SLU because we've missed the most amount of time. Last time I checked, Richmond is on their third pause and we only missed so much time due to our stringent protocols. Maybe Richmond could study our way of doing things so they don't have bi-weekly positive tests...

I found that odd too.

Being overly cautious may cause you to miss more time but hopefully only one stoppage.

Not being cautious enough causes you to miss less time but over and over again.

I was upset with how everything was handled but as more time passes it looks like the Bills have done everything the right way.

Bills71 and NoCoBillsFan like this

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I really hope that some of their posts were satire because I couldn’t believe what I  was reading. One guy actually suggested that SLU was responsible tor Richmond going on pause and said that he wouldn't believe anything coming from SLU because we've missed the most amount of time. Last time I checked, Richmond is on their third pause and we only missed so much time due to our stringent protocols. Maybe Richmond could study our way of doing things so they don't have bi-weekly positive tests...

They don't even have to look that far. They can look right down the street at VCU. VCU will probably host the A10 tourney. 

1 hour ago, Bills71 said:

Sorry Skip, I still haven’t seen any Richmond apologies, and their message board was horrendous for a conference mate and a supposedly intelligent school!

Except Skip was referring to a few Billikens fans (or "fans") here on billikens.com insinuating that SLU was ducking Richmond after the loss to Dayton.  He wasn't referring to Richmond fans or activity on Richmond social/fan media.

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Except Skip was referring to a few Billikens fans (or "fans") here on billikens.com insinuating that SLU was ducking Richmond after the loss to Dayton.  He wasn't referring to Richmond fans or activity on Richmond social/fan media.

You are correct that is exactly what Skip was referring too.

slufanskip likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

St. Joe played Richmond on Jan 26.  Is this more issues with their protocols or is it something else?  A quick look at a St. Bonnie site seems to indicate it is not the Bonnies.

Edit:

If Richmond took out St. Joe, wow.  Sure glad AD May made the right call.

We'll never known if the St. Joes pause is related to Richmond*, but man that doesn't look good and makes SLU's doctors look even better. 

* - given how poor Richmond's COVID protocols seem to be no one may ever know because they may not have had proper controls / contract tracing in place to be able to determine such a thing

22 hours ago, wgstl said:

St Louis other than location/geography is the best option. Chaifetz, SIUe, WashU.  A few very nice high school gyms or small colleges.  enough hotels. Oh well. 

Use Chaifetz and the Family Arena in St. Charles.  The Family Arena has nothing else around it and can be isolated for a specific use very easily.  Chaiftez and the Family Arena are also larger, which allows officials and media to spread out more, and set up better for television cameras than are SIUE and Wash U.

• 3 weeks later...