Trouble in Richmond VA?

mrjoelabs

The key here is the A10 agreed so any position by Richmond that Friday they were cleared is just hogwash.  They may have wanted to be cleared but wishing and being are two different things.  Any team that is going on their third pause has got to make you wonder what they are doing.  SLU was out a month to make sure they really were clear to play.  Yes I understand that the SLU women have had their problems so I guess it may be possible even if you are careful but at least where there was smoke there was fire in Richmond.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The Richmond AD just complies with the spirit of the confidentiality agreement, then they could have quietly gone into COVID pause.  By protesting so loudly on Friday he's put a spotlight on their trustworthiness to host the A-10 tournament.  Now VCU has a strong case that they should host the whole thing.

I do not think that VCU having the whole tournament will work.  2 venues are probably needed and I am guessing in the same state.  If the A10 want a single venue to play in then it should go to Dayton.

10 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

When I called this two days ago, the big tip-off was the Richmond's AD's statement that they had followed all "appropriate" protocols in his Twitter hissy fit.  This is a weasel word.  He was not denying that Richmond was in violation of a protocol, merely that it was a minor violation and didn't really matter anyway. But there was a reason the A-10 commissioner sided with us in that meeting.  She thought, as we did, that Richmond was playing with fire. 

Is this the thread where those of you who were blaming SLU and even as ridiculous as it may seem tried calling them out for supposedly ducking Richmond post their apologies? 

RUBillsFan likes this

1 hour ago, JettFlight5 said:

O'Connor stepping deeper into it with has last tweet of a "hypothetical". 

I'm not sure what this proves other than SLU made a reasonable decision that ended up being the right thing.

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'm not sure what this proves other than SLU made a reasonable decision that ended up being the right thing.

simple trying so hard to not be seen as irresponsible, while being irresponsible. 

Pistol likes this

25 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

That guy probably should stop shoveling. The hole is deep enough. 

He's simply an extension of Richmond's athletic department leadership.  Props to the posters on Richmond's own message board for taking the AD to the woodshed:

"Well, this sure makes Hardt's comment on Friday foolish. Is it that tough to have a just a little bit of transparency from him about what happened with SLU? This has been a hallmark of his tenure whenever he speaks to the media."

"Not addressing the prior StL issue is cowardly. How did you pass Friday?, what did StL know you didn’t? What changed?"

"Duck and hide, wonder if Hardt is in his office with the lights off and Closed sign on the outside."

@3star_recruit hit the nail on the head the other day by calling that UR would be going on a Covid pause soon. In the moment, I was considering several possibilities for the cancellation, but probably the most realistic was the idea that UR had a Covid issue that SLU recognized and left over, but UR felt that as long as they “met the protocols”, they should be entitled to play. It didn’t seem to matter to them that they could put SLU in another shutdown...they wanted to get the game in. 

I'm always praying for people to not contract COVID.  However, if Richmond goes on Covid pause, not only does it end the argument that has been raging over this past weekend, but it makes Richmond look really bad and our "medical staff" look really good.

5 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

A10 tourney should be in STL... We have the facilities, the medical staff, and the BBQ. 

St Louis other than location/geography is the best option. Chaifetz, SIUe, WashU.  A few very nice high school gyms or small colleges.  enough hotels. Oh well. 

17 minutes ago, Bills71 said:

Sorry Skip, I still haven’t seen any Richmond apologies, and their message board was horrendous for a conference mate and a supposedly intelligent school!

I really hope that some of their posts were satire because I couldn’t believe what I  was reading. One guy actually suggested that SLU was responsible tor Richmond going on pause and said that he wouldn't believe anything coming from SLU because we've missed the most amount of time. Last time I checked, Richmond is on their third pause and we only missed so much time due to our stringent protocols. Maybe Richmond could study our way of doing things so they don't have bi-weekly positive tests...

Bills71 likes this