SLU Women's Soccer Thread

24 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This whole post is all well and good, but it misses the point completely of my post.  Casual fans or people trying to get into the women's college soccer game don't realize any of this. So you explain it to them and don't tell them to F off or treat them like they are slime for asking what is a very fair question.

Next, it isn't being a non-football school that puts SLU at the biggest disadvantage, it is being an expensive private school in a 14 full scholarship limit sport that lacks the academic prestige of a USC, Duke, Georgetown or Stanford. SLU even ranks well below Santa Clara, but Santa Clara biggest advantage is Jerry Smith's three decade plus record of excellence.  It is hard to expect a kid to pay more than twice as much to play soccer at SLU when they can go to one of multiple in state public universities or an those schools in states that are part of an ever growing list of states with reciprocal in state tuition agreements.

In men's soccer it is 9.9 scholarships.  That makes what Kevin has done so quickly with the men's program even more impressive. 

As previously stated, respect is a two way street. You opened your initial post by saying, yes we all know Taj79 is a troll. Those were your words not mine. There are plenty of other sincere posters interested in mutual respect sincere discussion. 

It’s difficult to take a poster seriously who keeps posting, yet who also intentionally ignores all of the facts and replies back to him that contradict what he is saying. It’s disingenuous at best.

All of the things I have posted have been posted here both publicly and privately several times over. Pretty easy to find. There are lots of casual fans and new to soccer fans here. They all seem to do just fine. 

What exactly is the fair question(s) to which you keep referring? The facts don’t support Taj79’s narrative. It was explained to him multiple times. This also happened previously in a Men’s Soccer thread when he and another poster commented about SLU’s lack of scoring. Of course it was pointed to them that SLU had a top 20 offense all season. 

The timing has also been a bit curious too. Others have even pointed that out.

SLU Women’s Soccer and SLU Men’s Soccer are about as apples to oranges as it gets for a wide variety of reasons.  The Men’s program has been around since the 1950’s. One could very reasonably say the Women’s program still today isn’t supported the same or similar by the school or boosters. That isn’t much of a stretch. That’s why it’s a bit odd to see your praise for Kevin but I don’t see it for Katie. 

The SEC does not have Men’s Soccer. The Big 12 does not have Men’s Soccer. The Pac 12 only has some Men’s Soccer teams, etc…..it is waaaaaaaay more challenging for the Women’s program to go up against this. For purposes of full disclosure, I know a thing or two about SLU soccer recruiting, specific offers, specific amounts, specific breakdowns of where, other schools considered, and why. I know some of the specific players who turned down XYZ to attend SLU, and some that got away and why, both Women and Men’s teams. 

You’ve had all season to post in the Women’s Soccer thread or to reach out with positive interest on the topic. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearing out some end of season soccer analytics info…

SLU vs Dayton 

Top rated statistical players in order: 

Larson, Gaebe, Kelly, Friedrich, Groark.

Final 18 entrances 25. Final third entrances 45. Successful pressing 23/40. Successful high pressing 9/19. Low pressing 14/21. Air challenges won 57%. Successful dribbles 67%. Accurate passes 57%. Defense challenges won 61%. Challenges in attack won 41%. 

SLU vs Memphis:

Memphis top rated in order: 

Miller, Jones, Wyville, Stordy, Kerkhof, Nakao. 

SLU accurate passes 59%, Defense challenges 57%, Challenges in attack 38%, Air Challenges 63%, Successful dribbles 32%, Tackles won 40%. Entrances to final 18 were 17. Final third entrances were 58. Team pressing 20/30 success. High press 9/14. Low press 11/16. 

I’m looking at 35 different statistics from the Dayton and Memphis games and head to head they were very similar. The difference is Memphis defended the final 18 better, and SLU was more efficient vs Dayton. And Memphis converted 1 of 3 chances they had all game. 

2 hours ago, courtside said:

As previously stated, respect is a two way street. You opened your initial post by saying, yes we all know Taj79 is a troll. Those were your words not mine. There are plenty of other sincere posters interested in mutual respect sincere discussion. 

It’s difficult to take a poster seriously who keeps posting, yet who also intentionally ignores all of the facts and replies back to him that contradict what he is saying. It’s disingenuous at best.

All of the things I have posted have been posted here both publicly and privately several times over. Pretty easy to find. There are lots of casual fans and new to soccer fans here. They all seem to do just fine. 

What exactly is the fair question(s) to which you keep referring? The facts don’t support Taj79’s narrative. It was explained to him multiple times. This also happened previously in a Men’s Soccer thread when he and another poster commented about SLU’s lack of scoring. Of course it was pointed to them that SLU had a top 20 offense all season. 

The timing has also been a bit curious too. Others have even pointed that out.

SLU Women’s Soccer and SLU Men’s Soccer are about as apples to oranges as it gets for a wide variety of reasons.  The Men’s program has been around since the 1950’s. One could very reasonably say the Women’s program still today isn’t supported the same or similar by the school or boosters. That isn’t much of a stretch. That’s why it’s a bit odd to see your praise for Kevin but I don’t see it for Katie. 

The SEC does not have Men’s Soccer. The Big 12 does not have Men’s Soccer. The Pac 12 only has some Men’s Soccer teams, etc…..it is waaaaaaaay more challenging for the Women’s program to go up against this. For purposes of full disclosure, I know a thing or two about SLU soccer recruiting, specific offers, specific amounts, specific breakdowns of where, other schools considered, and why. I know some of the specific players who turned down XYZ to attend SLU, and some that got away and why, both Women and Men’s teams. 

You’ve had all season to post in the Women’s Soccer thread or to reach out with positive interest on the topic. 

The was nothing curious about the timing.  That is when something like that gets asked.  You don't ask it a week before the tournament.  People ask that after a season ends in a huge let down.

And I know of one particular freshman Big Ten starter who the main reason she turned down SLU was how much it was going to cost her compared to where she ended up attending. Another player that turned SLU to play at what would be considered a team not at SLU's level because they offered her a larger soccer scholarship.  I know men's players in the past that have done so.  It is one of the big reason why Indiana gets so many local men's players.  Indiana is part of the Midwest Student Exchange Program along with Missouri.  Even many well off parents want to save $20,000 a year when they can.  The tuition cost is a major handicap to both the women's and the men's program.  To act like it is not is foolish.

I never said that SLU's men's and women's program shared all of the same obstacles or that the women's program didn't have more obstacles to overcome.  Nor did I imply that Kevin had as difficult job as Katie.  I just stated it is an amazing the job that Kevin has accomplished in a short time here given a major obstacle he faces. The program was a shell of its former self when Kevin got here.  Before this year it had been 14 years since the team had back to back NCAA appearances, they won as many games in last season's tournament as they had in the previous 18 seasons combined and it was the first time they made it out past the second round in 18 seasons.  Katie gets a ton of praise on here and deservedly so.  Kevin deserves some praise, too.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

The was nothing curious about the timing.  That is when something like that gets asked.  You don't ask it a week before the tournament.  People ask that after a season ends in a huge let down.

And I know of one particular freshman Big Ten starter who the main reason she turned down SLU was how much it was going to cost her compared to where she ended up attending. Another player that turned SLU to play at what would be considered a team not at SLU's level because they offered her a larger soccer scholarship.  I know men's players in the past that have done so.  It is one of the big reason why Indiana gets so many local men's players.  Indiana is part of the Midwest Student Exchange Program along with Missouri.  Even many well off parents want to save $20,000 a year when they can.  The tuition cost is a major handicap to both the women's and the men's program.  To act like it is not is foolish.

I never said that SLU's men's and women's program shared all of the same obstacles or that the women's program didn't have more obstacles to overcome.  Nor did I imply that Kevin had as difficult job as Katie.  I just stated it is an amazing the job that Kevin has accomplished in a short time here given a major obstacle he faces. The program was a shell of its former self when Kevin got here.  Before this year it had been 14 years since the team had back to back NCAA appearances, they won as many games in last season's tournament as they had in the previous 18 seasons combined and it was the first time they made it out past the second round in 18 seasons.  Katie gets a ton of praise on here and deservedly so.  Kevin deserves some praise, too.

No one said money isn’t an issue for either Women or Men’s Soccer team, with regard to offers, offer types, money in some examples and situations. That’s never been discounted here on the public forum or private discussion. It’s been mentioned often. 

There are all types of examples. The player that had a full ride to a comparable program that SLU chose not to match despite a good offer. The player who turned down a full rode from SLU because they didn’t have any interest in SLU. The player who turned down better offers at comparable programs elsewhere to attend SLU. And so on. 

Recruiting targets are prioritized by position, need, ability level, and not all recruits are going to get the same offer. It’s important to note that when giving an example. A player choosing the Big Ten could be a top priority target, or down a tier or two. SLU has and will lose a player in both situations.

Locally, in the 2024 class, SLU has landed several of their high profile targets. All 3 of the highest profile local targets that didn’t pick SLU chose the SEC. In KC they picked the Pac 12, AAC, and 2 picked the WCC. Nationally they picked SEC, Bg Ten, ACC. SLU of course successfully landed several players that turned down these leagues and schools too.

I know 2  other local players that chose Big Ten schools. They were not as high of a profile target but they were legit targets. One of those two players aggressively sought out attention a Power 5 schools because of the league. While the other interest and offers were good, she was determined to choose Power 5. One of SLU’s current starters had said she only considered Power 5 schools. It’s a thing. Discounting that would be silly. 

However, it is far too limiting to say that is the only thing. And that is repeatedly what you have incorrectly implied. There is a long list of other reasons too. 

Can you point me to all of your other positive SLU Women’s Soccer posts this season? or praise for the staff that you mention here above for the Men’s staff etc…or team. The links would be fine. 

This is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread and you seem to be making this more about praising the Men’s staff, being pedantic, and mentioning that a troll has a point without saying what exactly that is. By all means post that in the Men’s Soccer thread. I highly doubt anyone would object to that.

It seems strange that you can’t type all of those positive things about the Women’s program and staff too. Since we’re in the Women’s Soccer thread and all. It’s pretty easy to do. You keep posting but you can’t seem to be able to do that. Preseason, In season, pre season, Spring Season. 

2 hours ago, courtside said:

No one said money isn’t an issue for either Women or Men’s Soccer team, with regard to offers, offer types, money in some examples and situations. That’s never been discounted here on the public forum or private discussion. It’s been mentioned often. 

There are all types of examples. The player that had a full ride to a comparable program that SLU chose not to match despite a good offer. The player who turned down a full rode from SLU because they didn’t have any interest in SLU. The player who turned down better offers at comparable programs elsewhere to attend SLU. And so on. 

Recruiting targets are prioritized by position, need, ability level, and not all recruits are going to get the same offer. It’s important to note that when giving an example. A player choosing the Big Ten could be a top priority target, or down a tier or two. SLU has and will lose a player in both situations.

Locally, in the 2024 class, SLU has landed several of their high profile targets. All 3 of the highest profile local targets that didn’t pick SLU chose the SEC. In KC they picked the Pac 12, AAC, and 2 picked the WCC. Nationally they picked SEC, Bg Ten, ACC. SLU of course successfully landed several players that turned down these leagues and schools too.

I know 2  other local players that chose Big Ten schools. They were not as high of a profile target but they were legit targets. One of those two players aggressively sought out attention a Power 5 schools because of the league. While the other interest and offers were good, she was determined to choose Power 5. One of SLU’s current starters had said she only considered Power 5 schools. It’s a thing. Discounting that would be silly. 

However, it is far too limiting to say that is the only thing. And that is repeatedly what you have incorrectly implied. There is a long list of other reasons too. 

Can you point me to all of your other positive SLU Women’s Soccer posts this season? or praise for the staff that you mention here above for the Men’s staff etc…or team. The links would be fine. 

This is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread and you seem to be making this more about praising the Men’s staff, being pedantic, and mentioning that a troll has a point without saying what exactly that is. By all means post that in the Men’s Soccer thread. I highly doubt anyone would object to that.

It seems strange that you can’t type all of those positive things about the Women’s program and staff too. Since we’re in the Women’s Soccer thread and all. It’s pretty easy to do. You keep posting but you can’t seem to be able to do that. Preseason, In season, pre season, Spring Season. 

I’m not big on posting in a thread that became more about you indulging yourself than the women’s soccer program. Same reason I avoid posting often in men’s soccer threads in recent years. So I might not have not have posted anything positive about Katie. I should have. She has done an unbelievable job building a great program that plays enjoyable to watch soccer.  I should point out I never posted anything negative about her ever.

I’ll now leave your thread and hope you and your little fan club have a good time.  Don’t forget to like your own tweets.

BILLS324 and slufan13 like this

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I’m not big on posting in a thread that became more about you indulging yourself than the women’s soccer program. Same reason I avoid posting often in men’s soccer threads in recent years. So I might not have not have posted anything positive about Katie. I should have. She has done an unbelievable job building a great program that plays enjoyable to watch soccer.  I should point out I never posted anything negative about her ever.

I’ll now leave your thread and hope you and your little fan club have a good time.  Don’t forget to like your own tweets.

Lol. Sure. Nice trolling and gaslighting Brian. Some things never change. I'm sure SEMO and Chris May are proud. I'll make sure to pass along your well wishes to the SLU Women's Soccer team and staff. See, that wasn't so difficult. 

12 hours ago, courtside said:

Lol. Sure. Nice trolling and gaslighting Brian. Some things never change. I'm sure SEMO and Chris May are proud. I'll make sure to pass along your well wishes to the SLU Women's Soccer team and staff. See, that wasn't so difficult. 

They are very proud.

NCAA Soccer:

Memphis 4 Mississippi State 0

It was all Memphis today (played at Arkansas.)

Sweet 16 for the Tigers.

Free kick for Saoria Miller:

https://twitter.com/memphiswsoccer/status/1593734890834792449?s=21&t=iXQam4L-yPCJH1lXJqFUiQ

When in doubt, Mya Jones making a play on the right side: she 

https://twitter.com/ncaasoccer/status/1593749095717429252?s=21&t=iXQam4L-yPCJH1lXJqFUiQ

Jones to Stordy to Miller, back to Stordy making a run from right back:

https://twitter.com/memphiswsoccer/status/1593749865900670978?s=21&t=iXQam4L-yPCJH1lXJqFUiQ

Seto gets in on the fun:

https://twitter.com/memphiswsoccer/status/1593756485816819712?s=21&t=iXQam4L-yPCJH1lXJqFUiQ

Previously mentioned 8 starters from last year’s AAC Title Team, NCAA Rd of 32 team with 3-0 win over LSU and close loss to Duke. 5 straight NCAA’s. They can play when they put it together.

…………….

I liked SLU’s draw when it came out because I liked the matchups. Mississippi State had a lot of injuries this year, missing some players. But they were resilient and hung in there as a defensive team, got some results especially earlier in the season. (Arkansas and Ohio State play direct, attacking styles.)

……………………

Notre Dame regional was delayed to clear snow off of the field.

https://twitter.com/ncaasoccer/status/1593700905785901057?s=21&t=iXQam4L-yPCJH1lXJqFUiQ

This was the Penn State regional:

https://twitter.com/ncaasoccer/status/1593723649160265728?s=21&t=iXQam4L-yPCJH1lXJqFUiQ

………………..

Strong showings for many 2023 and 2024 SLU Women’s Soccer commits at the ECNL Phoenix Showcase. 

2023’s, Jordan Gary, Lucie Schwarz, Autumn Jackson, Alyssa Bockius had wins over San Diego Surf and Mustang SC, (CA) and a hard fought loss to one of the country’s best, Slammer HB Koge (CA). In addition, they sit at the top of the table in rugged Midwest Conference League play with two tough league games remaining. 

Strong defensive showing for Macy Lutz and her 3rd nationally ranked Michigan Hawks team yielding just 4 goals in 3 games against Beach (CA), Classics Elite (TX), and Sporting CA.

Audrey Smith and her national champion, number 1 nationally ranked team, competed against a few of the best teams nationally. After a win over San Juan (CA), they had 3-3, 2-2 draws with the FC Dallas and Solar SC, two of the country’s best in that age group. 

Hope Kim’ and her SBV team were able to put up 8 goals in 3 games against San Diego Surf, MVLA (CA), and Dallas Texans. 

…………….

Memphis will play Arkansas in the Sweet 16.

Arkansas 5 Ohio State 2. 

(Shots 27-13)

Career 45th for Podojil, Tank, De Filippo, Franklin 

………………….

Another SLU opponent this year, Notre Dame, defeated Santa Clara 4-0 and outshot them 41-5. 

Korbin Albert’s 16th (14 goals in her past 10 games):

https://twitter.com/ndsoccer/status/1593769677196591105?s=21&t=u37eqHrkia8kPssTZld_vw

…………….

After defeating Tennessee 4-1, Xavier fell to Virginia in the snow, 3-1. 

…………….

Memphis 3 Arkansas 3  2OT

Arkansas advances to the Elite 8. (3-2 in pk’s)

Hard fought, fun game. 

Arkansas had some success early drawing final half final third fouls/set pieces as SLU did with Memphis. However, the Razorbacks were a little more efficient. De Filippo used her size to score twice on two similar set piece headers back post to far post.

SLU was successful winning aerial challenges but couldn’t finish one. And service was more effective for Arkansas. Wyville is good coming out North South in the air. But is you can make her move East West in the air it can be effective. 

https://twitter.com/razorbacksoccer/status/1594470820092334081?s=21&t=SvAiASJObEYY1kOGuBgvNQ

https://twitter.com/razorbacksoccer/status/1594478798002524160?s=21&t=SvAiASJObEYY1kOGuBgvNQ

………………

Memphis answered down 2 goals. Alonzo end swinger corner, loose ball buried by Huber. 

https://twitter.com/memphiswsoccer/status/1594478974734053376?s=21&t=SvAiASJObEYY1kOGuBgvNQ

Stordy, who made great runs at outside back all game, cuts in and Alonzo gets the redirection finish. 

https://twitter.com/memphiswsoccer/status/1594479988211785729?s=21&t=SvAiASJObEYY1kOGuBgvNQ

………………

Arkansas took the lead off of a set piece throw, weak clear, ball touches 4 Razorbacks before finally being redirected for the goal.

https://twitter.com/razorbacksoccer/status/1594495555211649024?s=21&t=SvAiASJObEYY1kOGuBgvNQ

After Arkansas took a 3-2 lead but once again, Memphis wouldn’t go away. Miller made a run, hit it off the far post and Mya Jones follows the rebound:

https://twitter.com/memphiswsoccer/status/1594497645279875073?s=21&t=SvAiASJObEYY1kOGuBgvNQ

……………….

Game winning stop by Grace Barbara on Mya Jones. Both keepers were good in pk’s:

https://twitter.com/razorbacksoccer/status/1594507562786820096?s=21&t=SvAiASJObEYY1kOGuBgvNQ

……………..

Strong NCAA Tourney for Memphis. And, SLU of course defeated Arkansas this season, and, twice in the past three seasons. Arkansas will play at Florida State, for a spot in the College Cup Final Four.

……………..

Notre Dame 2 TCU 0 

SLU opponent ND will host North Carolina for a spot in the College Cup Final Four.

slufanskip likes this

• 2 weeks later...

How good and balanced was SLU when their 3 All Americans were defenders/keeper, and, they also led the country in scoring.

……………

NCAA College Cup Final Four. Alabama, UCLA, UNC, Florida State.

5-12-2

10-8-3

12-8-1   NCAA 1st round

8-8-3

10-7-3

7-8-2

11-10-1  NCAA 2nd round

Those are the records of the first 7 seasons of the Wes Hart head coaching tenure at Alabama prior to this season. 

This year, year 8, Alabama is 23-2-1, and SEC Regular Season Champs. They are playing in the NCAA College Cup Final Four this weekend. 

They also have commitments from 2 of the better local Stl players in the 2024 class. 

……………………

UCLA and Florida State have good first year head coaches that inherited strong programs. (One was a Stanford assistant, and one was the head coach at Tennessee.) The departing head coaches are now coaching professionally. UNC has had the same coach since 1979.

…………..

Florida State 1 Arkansas 0 on a tough own goal off of a corner. Even game that could have gone either way.

UNC used a 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 to bottle up the midfield, defend and counter against Notre Dame to win 2-0, in another close game. Both goals were rebound scrambles off of set pieces. ND couldn’t get it going until the final 20-30 minutes. 

……………

SLU’s 4 stronger non-conference opponents finished:

Elite 8

Elite 8

Rd 32

NCAA Bubble

Hopefully SLU can get back to 5 of these games next season. Even without it, SLU finished top 10 RPI for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

………………

And how crazy was it that Heckel was All A 10 last year and not even on the preseason list this year.  Kind of shows how bad those pre-season list can be.  Not even pre-season A 10 but 1st team AA and MAC Herman Award semi finalist at the end of the year.

The best thing is, she is coming back next year

12 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

We kicked off this week's episode with Lyndsey Heckel, talking everything from US Soccer @ the World Cup, her accolades and of course a travel nightmare story thrown in for good measure.

Thanks this is great to hear some good SLU soccer info on this board!

On 12/3/2022 at 10:50 AM, bauman said:

And how crazy was it that Heckel was All A 10 last year and not even on the preseason list this year.  Kind of shows how bad those pre-season list can be.  Not even pre-season A 10 but 1st team AA and MAC Herman Award semi finalist at the end of the year.

The best thing is, she is coming back next year

It’s welcomed and well earned recognition for Lyndsey. The story of course is that Lyndsey is a converted forward. (So is Stram) It’s a testament her talent, hard work, and to the SLU player development program.

It’s also great recognition for the team, as SLU and the Ivy league are the only non-Power 5 leagues with a Mac Hermann Semifinalist among the 15. We of course don’t need to see Lyndsey’s name on the list to know she’s a great player. But it’s something that she and the team can celebrate.

RPI is really the one “objectively measured” thing to pay attention to and keep track of within a season. Everything else can and does vary widely subjectively. We all know who can play from going to the games, visiting training, watching recruits play, etc….

Between regular season and post season, all of SLU’s starters and a few other high minute players received some sort of recognition, which was well deserved, and good for each individually. And that’s what matters most, getting as many players as possible some sort of deserved recognition for the team effort. Celebrate award success and recognition when it happens, but don’t really lose sleep over it if it doesn’t happen. 

There will always be one more that is left off of a list. SLU isn’t going to receive every award. Other players on other teams are going to be recognized both in and out of conference. Some will wonder why they are left off of a list as well. I know one player for example who had 7 goals and 20 assists, on a Final Four team, that was left off of the Mac Hermann semifinal list. So these things happen with other schools too. 

Another Example: The 2023 SLU Women’s Soccer recruiting class isn’t ranked. (They usually aren’t) But I can assure you it deserves to be ranked based on the players in the class. It’s a really good class that I will update here shortly. SLU as a team wasn’t ranked preseason, and so forth. We go through this almost annually. And I’m sure people will react to whatever SLU is or isn’t ranked, or which player receives or doesn’t receive media recognition.

I’ve mentioned here before (and with some privately) that I know some of the people who are part of some of the decisions about individual and team awards. I can assure you we have regular discussions about some of these things. The general pattern is often some of them slowly coming around to recognizing SLU Women after initially overlooking SLU. 

Congratulations to 2023 SLU commits Autumn Jackson, Jordan Gary, Lucie Schwartz, and Alyssa Bockius for finishing 1st with a 12-1-1 record this Fall in one of the toughest leagues nationally in the 04/05 age group. (Jordan and Lucie will be hooping this Winter before Spring Ball.)

Their team clinched with 2 more convincing wins this weekend. 2 goals and 3 crossbars for Lucie playing up top against Sporting Blue Valley, and a goal and multiple assists for Jordan Gary who played right wing. (and wing back with the lead) . Both were among the best players on the field. Alyssa has been back roaming the defensive midfield after being out with her hip injury. Their team closely edged out the team of Ashley Koch and Addy Lang, who won the league last year, and Macy Lutz, whose team had been ranked 3rd nationally this year.
………………..
Wishing all the best to 2023 SLU commit Autumn Jackson as she undergoes ACL surgery this week. AJ will be out 6-8 months, She will miss Spring and Summer Ball. But SLU is hopeful she will be ready for Fall camp and catch up there. Autumn is expected to contribute at outside back next season. 
………………
Congratulations to 2024 SLU commit Audrey Smith, for helping her (recent national championship) team secure a 2nd straight undefeated Fall season, 14-0-0. Both Audrey and 2024 SLU commit Hope Kim, were among the best players on the field this weekend. Both players showed well creating, finishing, and working on the wing and up top.
…………………..
2023 and 2024 SLU commits Eva Schreiber and Emily Paul played in the Tennessee Showcase this weekend. Eva was recently named 1st Team All State for Tennessee, and Emily was named 2nd Team All State in Kentucky for their Fall high school seasons.
………………….
Nina Preusser and Ulla Sharp’s team had a strong showing in the Phoenix GA Champions League Showcase going 2-1. Ashley Miller and her team had a strong weekend before heading off to the USYS Orlando event this week along with Maddie Sibbing’s team. Sam DeLuca’s team will play in a national showcase this upcoming weekend. 
……………

Good to see SLU out and about on the recruiting trail this past week and weekend. Safe travels to Orlando as it will be another busy week and weekend in multiple geographies. Several SLU commits and targets will also be playing with their trams at the Winter showcase in Lakewood Ranch (Sarasota) in January.