SLU Women's Soccer Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Set piece again. Fortunate on a weak clear, good finish by Stram. 

Set piece again. Stram unmarked strong finish. 

Really nice game from Hannah Friedrich, not just the set piece assists, but she’s doing a very good job controlling the left side of the Midfield. She then settles, beats a defender and hammers a left foot off of the bar that leads to a rebound one timer from Miller. 

slufanskip likes this

Set piece from Stram, keeper misplays it, gives up rebound, knocked out to Stram, blasts it and redirected by Groark. 4-0 Final.

SLU dominated the first matchup but couldn’t score until late OT. Had 40 plus shots first game with Bonnies. Early and often scoring seemed to be in the cards today. 4 goals off of set pieces. 

slufanskip likes this

• SluSignGuy changed the title to SLU Women's Soccer Thread (2020 - 2021)
23 hours ago, courtside said:

Set piece from Stram, keeper misplays it, gives up rebound, knocked out to Stram, blasts it and redirected by Groark. 4-0 Final.

SLU dominated the first matchup but couldn’t score until late OT. Had 40 plus shots first game with Bonnies. Early and often scoring seemed to be in the cards today. 4 goals off of set pieces. 

Thanks for the updates and the breakdown.  The women's soccer team is probably the strongest program at SLU right now.  I want to stay up on them as much as possible, which is made easier by posters like you contributing.

59 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Thanks for the updates and the breakdown.  The women's soccer team is probably the strongest program at SLU right now.  I want to stay up on them as much as possible, which is made easier by posters like you contributing.

Many games on espn+. They are a lot of fun to watch. Very Young.  

13 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

The Coaches Poll has had SLU ranked much of the year. They even briefly had the Men ranked as well. I believe SLU peaked around 16 or 17 before losing in OT to Oklahoma St. If they can win out, they can crack the top 15. 

The two polls vary quite a bit at times.

5 minutes ago, courtside said:

The Coaches Poll has had SLU ranked much of the year. They even briefly had the Men ranked as well. I believe SLU peaked around 16 or 17 before losing in OT to Oklahoma St. If they can win out, they can crack the top 15. 

The two polls vary quite a bit at times.

I have to assume that we we win the last four, which isn't a guarantee, that we would be an at-large bid even if we didn't win the A-10 tournament.  Am I right?

9 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I have to assume that we we win the last four, which isn't a guarantee, that we would be an at-large bid even if we didn't win the A-10 tournament.  Am I right?

There is no guarantee that SLU wins all of its remaining games, no.  RPI is not the be all end all but let's look at it for some perspective. SLU is 31 RPI, Dayton is 115, and Duquesne 198. SLU plays both twice to finish the regular season. 

52 minutes ago, courtside said:

There is no guarantee that SLU wins all of its remaining games, no.  RPI is not the be all end all but let's look at it for some perspective. SLU is 31 RPI, Dayton is 115, and Duquesne 198. SLU plays both twice to finish the regular season. 

This is true, if I could parlay all of their remaining games as wins I’m still not sure I could get + odds lol

22 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is true, if I could parlay all of their remaining games as wins I’m still not sure I could get + odds lol

But if we do win all four remaining regular season conference games, would that guarantee us an at-large spot even if we lose in the A-10 tournament?

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

But if we do win all four remaining regular season conference games, would that guarantee us an at-large spot even if we lose in the A-10 tournament?

Guarantee? No. Good position? Yes. The only NCAA Tourney guarantee is winning the Conference Tourney.

26 minutes ago, jackplug350 said:

This is greainspiration. This is greainspiration. I am prettmuch pleasewith your goowork. You pureally very helpful information.

I'm a Nigerian Prince AND I can help you with your internet company!  If you can Just enter your checking account information I can help you with a MASSSSSSIVE order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I'm a Nigerian Prince AND I can help you with your internet company!  If you can Just enter your checking account information I can help you with a MASSSSSSIVE order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t even click on it. 

14 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Would you like some gorilla glue?

Lol. It’s pretty clear when they post the same exact thing in 4 threads. 

13 hours ago, courtside said:

1-0 SLU Final in the snow. 

I don’t want to say the Billikens were fortunate to come away with a win because that makes it sound like they didn’t deserve a win, they did. Those conditions were such that really anything was possible in that game.