GDT: Beat the Spahders

Littlebill

12 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Richmond SHOULD HAVE known what SLU’s protocols were and been prepared. Now maybe SLU didn’t communicate their protocols properly and it’s on them. I highly doubt we’ll ever know. But to me, the actual protocols themselves are not the issue here. 

Also, SLU should have known what Richmond’s protocols were before game day and made decisions accordingly.

How it got the game got this close to being played shows a ton of mismanagement on . . .(pointing the finger at somebody(s)). 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, P.B. said:

I’m a season ticket holder and think we are ducking them. We are not back to where Ford wants them and going 0-2 in conference puts them in serious trouble of making the tourney with so few games played. Med staff raised a concern and they ran with it to not play is my guess. Better than the risk of losing. Now they have time to get back to where is needed. No doubt in my mind if they beat Dayton they would be playing now 

If we simply were ducking them why would we have flown up there and stayed overnight in a hotel?  If you are ducking them you would have stayed home and cooked something up.

As I said before the A10 must have agreed to postpone the game or else we would have forfeited to Richmond.  This is something nobody seems to be understanding.  

3star_recruit likes this

7 minutes ago, someoneelse said:

Also, SLU should have known what Richmond’s protocols were before game day and made decisions accordingly.

How it got the game got this close to being played shows a ton of mismanagement on . . .(pointing the finger at somebody(s)). 

If Richmond’s protocols were stricter than SLU’s, SLU wouldn’t have flown home. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here. In terms of pointing the finger, as I said before, you can choose to believe whoever you like. If you choose to blame SLU, nobody can prove you wrong. You’re opinion is your own. But until we have more (any) details, it doesn’t change anything.

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If we simply were ducking them why would we have flown up there and stayed overnight in a hotel?  If you are ducking them you would have stayed home and cooked something up.

As I said before the A10 must have agreed to postpone the game or else we would have forfeited to Richmond.  This is something nobody seems to be understanding.  

Boom.  We wouldn't tank on a Q1 game.  No how, no way.

Good point on the A10.  

5 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

wouldn't we know that before traveling? like they got there.. saw the students without masks, and said oh no! abort! 

5 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

wouldn't we know that before traveling? like they got there.. saw the students without masks, and said oh no! abort! 

Sounds like there may have been others maskless in Richmond.

13237BA3-F768-44AE-9E4C-5DF09AFD02D3.thumb.png.f0ee98ce1eae9bdbbcf6b635ad45864f.png

10 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Sounds like there may have been others maskless in Richmond.

13237BA3-F768-44AE-9E4C-5DF09AFD02D3.thumb.png.f0ee98ce1eae9bdbbcf6b635ad45864f.png

In keeping with the theme of gross speculation, is this implying that Richmond team/staff members were loafing around without masks this afternoon (after passing protocols etc), then SLU got wind of it, and bailed?

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

And there is no proof that it was Covid related. There are in fact a handful of heart related deaths that occur every year among young athletes. Shouldn’t we by your standards just ban all athletics because of the potential risk? Sports are voluntary, if you don’t want to participate, then don’t, but allow the rest to make THEIR OWN DECISIONS. This nonsense is destroying our country..

Like I said, I’m not talking about cancelling the season here. I just think that it’s reasonable to be cautious about a virus that we don’t fully understand yet. 

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

In keeping with the theme of gross speculation, is this implying that Richmond team/staff members were loafing around without masks this afternoon (after passing protocols etc), then SLU got wind of it, and bailed?

I read this as it was SLU personnel they are referring to seeing maskless at the Westin in Richmond. Pure speculation. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Myocarditis isn’t limited to COVID.  The common cold, flu, drugs and many other things can cause it.  It is responsible for up to 22% of all sudden deaths of athletes.  Studies released earlier this month from Vanderbilt and the University of Wisconsin suggest instances of myocarditis among young athletes are no more common from COVID than the those from the flu and the common cold.  

I appreciate this insight. If this is the case, then I apologize for using Keyontae Johnson as an example. However, I still fully support our medical staff because I’m sure that they understand the risks associated with COVID much more than I do. 

brianstl likes this

Just now, Reinert310 said:

0CAC9425-B512-4893-B17D-2B010F7D8DBA.png

So basically, the Richmond AD coming out with his statement was a load of horse manure because they were made aware of everything last night, along with the A10 commissioner.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Show me the examples of it in people 18-23. 

Admittedly, my take was based on two main examples, Keyontae Johnson and Eduardo Rodriguez of the Boston Red Sox. As I said in my reply to Brian, though, if myocarditis is just as common in other illnesses, then I apologize for bringing it up.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Show me the examples of it in people 18-23. 

Vandy women’s basketball just had a player who contracted Myocarditis after originally getting COVID. Tbd if she is able to play again. I haven’t looked for examples that’s just one from a team I actively follow.

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Off topic: The Cardinals trade for Arenado is essentially done pending approval from everyone (technicality) and a physical. I’m not a Cards fan, but exciting for STL fans.

Yeah, was aware of this for a few minutes now. I wish I could say I'm still a baseball fan. But I don't like the way the game is played anymore.

Billiken Rich likes this

1 minute ago, White Pelican said:

Yeah, was aware of this for a few minutes now. I wish I could say I'm still a baseball fan. But I don't like the way the game is played anymore.

It’s definitely different, but I’m already in too deep to quit now. 

Just now, Reinert310 said:

It’s definitely different, but I’m already in too deep to quit now. 

That said, I’m not sure analytics is helping the game, in terms of entertainment value, as most people would like to believe.

14 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

So basically, the Richmond AD coming out with his statement was a load of horse manure because they were made aware of everything last night, along with the A10 commissioner.

That’s what I’m getting too.

Everything coming out of Richmond made it sound like they were blindsided today, that apparently isn’t true.

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

That said, I’m not sure analytics is helping the game, in terms of entertainment value, as most people would like to believe.

I'm old, I saw Musial play (along with Mays, Aaron, etc.) and I've been to games in all three Busch Stadiums. I was at the 68 WS game when Gibson struck out 17. I saw Brock's 3000th hit and 115th stolen base. Use to love baseball. Now, don't care to go or watch it.

16 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Yeah, with no one admitting anything, it was hard to know what to think. But I figured the league and both teams came to some agreement about "something." We didn't just up and leave. It was a dick move to make the comment that he made.