SLU Men's Soccer Thread

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

the word i questioned was africans, rolling in agony on the pitch seems common among all races

5 hours ago, dennis_w said:

i dont watch much soccer, but my observation is that whining and feigning injuries is widespread and not just limited to africans. i could be wrong

You’re not completely wrong however, there are heavier offenders and African Countries as a whole utilize the tactics more than most. 

Bills By 40 likes this

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

Never have seen anything like this.  Full stretch on all 6 saves.  Nothing easy.  Carlos must read minds…

I’ve never seen a keep guess right on 6 of 8 more or less save 6 of 8. No misses by them either. Actual saves. I guess if you’re playing SLU in the tournament you’ll want to take chances and go for the win rather than go to PK’s 

Zink and Gremio14 like this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Took 110 minutes of kick ball to get to the exciting part ......

Remember that time you whined and complained about SLU homecoming and then the team went on to go undefeated in 10 of their next 11 games, win the regular season conference title, and the conference tourney title, securing a nice seed in the NCAA Tourney? That was pretty great. 

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

holy smokes Memphis again?  Thats three time in a week.  I'm done seeing them again for ever after this. 

I wouldn't mind having an I-55 rivalry across sports, I think it's fun. Especially if the MBB and MSOC teams go out for vengeance to redeem our girls. I want blood!

Just now, Bills By 40 said:

I wouldn't mind having an I-55 rivalry across sports, I think it's fun. Especially if the MBB and MSOC teams go out for vengeance to redeem our girls. I want blood!

depends on how the next 2 games plays out.  But so far with BBALL last year and WSOC I'm not liking it. 

37 minutes ago, wgstl said:

depends on how the next 2 games plays out.  But so far with BBALL last year and WSOC I'm not liking it. 

If we take MBB and MSOC this year we have the more important 2 wins of the 4 matchups IMO. Here's to hoping we do it. 

1 hour ago, courtside said:

SLU will host Memphis Thursday in the NCAA Tourney. If they win, they will visit Indiana.

https://twitter.com/ncaasoccer/status/1592221415297748994?s=21&t=xbNrbUkvKiY85PKsQiRMvw

Creighton, Lipscomb, SMU, Louisville, Missouri State all made the tourney. 

IF SLU can get past Memphis, it would be a fun matchup vs Indiana.  2 most storied college soccer programs.  Indiana at #20 actually has the lowest RPI of any of the 16 "seeded" teams and is the only seeded team with a lower RPI than #18 SLU.

Zink likes this

35 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

IF SLU can get past Memphis, it would be a fun matchup vs Indiana.  2 most storied college soccer programs.  Indiana at #20 actually has the lowest RPI of any of the 16 "seeded" teams and is the only seeded team with a lower RPI than #18 SLU.

There are 6 players on Indiana from St. Louis.(They will be adding another in 2023 class). Many would start, most would play, maybe 5 out of 6 would see the field. (and for those that don't follow recruiting, SLU has the top ranked 2023 recruiting class nationally)

SLU will have their hands full with Memphis first.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:29 PM, courtside said:

SLU will host Memphis Thursday in the NCAA Tourney. If they win, they will visit Indiana.

https://twitter.com/ncaasoccer/status/1592221415297748994?s=21&t=xbNrbUkvKiY85PKsQiRMvwhere

Creighton, Lipscomb, SMU, Louisville, Missouri State all made the tourney. 

It seems incredible to me that they can get past Memphis...

Akron will be joining the Big East for Men’s Soccer beginning in 2023, as the MAC dissolves for Men’s Soccer only. Nice pick up for the Big East.

https://twitter.com/bigeast/status/1592895266377678858?s=21&t=LfaU2d9arR3XGDk4FPGDOA

Strong program going back 3 coaches. SLU recruits against them regularly. Their long time current head coach is former St. Louisan Jared Embick. 

……………

260 players entered the transfer portal on the first day. 

…………

Carlos Tofern was named to the College Soccer News and Top Drawer Soccer National Teams of the Week for saving 6 out of 8 PK’s over 2 games. 

31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Any of you fellow dorks going to the STL City game tonight? I was given a random GA ticket and don't really want to go stand in the freezing cold alone for a team I have yet to know much about.

Yep, actually going with a friend you know - not to sound weird. 

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Akron will be joining the Big East for Men’s Soccer beginning in 2023, as the MAC dissolves for Men’s Soccer only. Nice pick up for the Big East.

https://twitter.com/bigeast/status/1592895266377678858?s=21&t=LfaU2d9arR3XGDk4FPGDOA

Strong program going back 3 coaches. SLU recruits against them regularly. Their long time current head coach is former St. Louisan Jared Embick. 

……………

260 players entered the transfer portal on the first day. 

…………

Carlos Tofern was named to the College Soccer News and Top Drawer Soccer National Teams of the Week for saving 6 out of 8 PK’s over 2 games. 

Do you think there’s any interest in the A10 getting any of the other schools to join as associate members for Men’s soccer? Not sure I see any.