SLU Men's Soccer Thread

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

It hasn't been easy following last year's SLU draft class, besides Keller.

Keller only shows 6 GP, 318 minutes for Austin FC.  Has he played in any matches for their MLS2 team?

Any other SLU alum you have notes on?

Most of the SLU players start most games in MLS Next Pro. If you follow/watch that league, you will see lots and lots of SLU alums playing a lot of minutes. Often times they go head to head against each other. Kipp has been an MLS roster player. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, courtside said:

Most of the SLU players start most games in MLS Next Pro. If you follow/watch that league, you will see lots and lots of SLU alums playing a lot of minutes. Often times they go head to head against each other. Kipp has been an MLS roster player. 

Following that league is also a good way to learn more about SLU commits, as well as previous SLU commits who never make it to campus and go pro instead.

Jeebs has started 15 games with Houston Dynamo 2. (1291 minutes)

Parker has 16 starts. (1364 minutes)

Niece has 11 starts (656 minutes)

Becher has 18 starts. (1415 minutes)

Schulte has 9 starts (810 minutes)

Vaughn played in USL with L.A. Galaxy II.

AJ has played in 17 games, starting 11. (918 minutes)

Austin will be adding an MLS Next Pro team in 2023. 

Former SLU commit Devin Padelford has started 15 games with MNUFC2, 1316 minutes.

2023 SLU commit Carlos Leatherman has started 12 of 13 games and played 1057 minutes. 

On 8/4/2022 at 8:04 PM, courtside said:

Simon Becher is getting a Vancouver Whitecaps MLS call up, after a strong season with WFC2. Well earned:

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/whitecaps-fc-sign-wingback-ali-ahmed-and-striker-simon-becher-to-mls-short-term-

First career MLS game for Simon Becher. And, he gets his first career MLS goal, the equalizer in the 88th minute. 2-1 Whitecaps win:

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/1555773640930562049?t=JpNOMZwUktaWDPHG32eh7A&s=19

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/1555776839431245824?t=hlIrT3pLbnqmCW-tK6_whw&s=19

9 hours ago, courtside said:

First career MLS game for Simon Becher. And, he gets his first career MLS goal, the equalizer in the 88th minute. 2-1 Whitecaps win:

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/1555773640930562049?t=JpNOMZwUktaWDPHG32eh7A&s=19

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/1555776839431245824?t=hlIrT3pLbnqmCW-tK6_whw&s=19

Awesome for Becher and a #TeamBlue Alum!

• SluSignGuy changed the title to SLU Men's Soccer Thread
13 hours ago, courtside said:

Great job Becher! 

7 minutes ago, courtside said:

I unsurprisingly have more information than you. If you would like to troll do it in a different thread.

I was originally asking for info on the game. I could care less if the coaching staff kept stats. So for me, stats weren't kept. 

Trust me, we all know you are important courtside. You don't have to prove it anymore.

Billiken Rich likes this

3 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I was originally asking for info on the game. I could care less if the coaching staff kept stats. So for me, stats weren't kept. 

Trust me, we all know you are important courtside. You don't have to prove it anymore.

First, it’s couldn’t care less, not could care less 

Second, you replied to me first, not the other way around. I replied to someone else.

Third, when all else fails, nice job seeking group social validation.

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Since you asked, sure. I can share some things about the recent exhibitions. 

Klein sat out the game as he has been dealing with an osteitis pubis type of issue. Townsend has had a mild twisted ankle issue. Warrington has been dealing a little bit with a leg. There are a few others out as well. 

Exhibitions are an opportunity to get some work in, play many players. Much of Sunday’s game was played in the middle of the field without many chances for either team. Both teams are stronger in back right now. It’s just a progress report. 

It was also a good opportunity to get on the road together as a team, with returning players mixing with Freshmen, and transfers. 

Similar to preseason rankings and pre season all conference teams, they results and stats don’t matter all that much. 

……………………..

Same for the Women’s game on Saturday. Did anyone not play? (yes, Simon) It’s a chance to play a lot of players and work on some things as they get ready for Arkansas this week. 

BuiltFordBills likes this

A10  Preseason Poll  and All-Conference Teams are out.  Bills are a almost unanimous first choice.  Looking at first team preseason- Bills have four on first team with Rhody having 3.  Duquesne's Hopfer is the top returning scorer with 11 goals, followed by Rhody's Agyemang with 10 goals.

2022 A-10 Men's Soccer Preseason All-Conference Team

Name Class Position School
Maxi Hopfer SO F Duquesne
Patrick Agyemang r-SR F Rhode Island
John Klein SR F Saint Louis
Nathan Dragisich JR MF Duquesne
Edvin Akselsen GR MF Rhode Island
Christian Buendia r-SO MF Saint Louis
Nico Cavallo JR D Davidson
Michael Hong r-SR D Loyola Chicago
Zach Drayer GR D Rhode Island
Alberto Suarez GR D Saint Louis
Lane Warrington GR D Saint Louis
Justin Grady SR GK George Washington

2022 A-10 Men's Soccer Preseason Poll

School (First-Place Votes) Points
1 Saint Louis (13) 193
2 Rhode Island 170
3 VCU (1) 154
4 Fordham 141
5 Loyola Chicago 128
6 Dayton 125
7 Duquesne 116
8 Saint Joseph's 115
9 Massachusetts 87
10 Davidson 72
11 La Salle 56
12 George Washington 51
13 George Mason 36
14 St. Bonaventure 26
courtside likes this

On 8/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, HoosierPal said:

A10  Preseason Poll  and All-Conference Teams are out.  Bills are a almost unanimous first choice.  Looking at first team preseason- Bills have four on first team with Rhody having 3.  Duquesne's Hopfer is the top returning scorer with 11 goals, followed by Rhody's Agyemang with 10 goals.

2022 A-10 Men's Soccer Preseason All-Conference Team

Name Class Position School
Maxi Hopfer SO F Duquesne
Patrick Agyemang r-SR F Rhode Island
John Klein SR F Saint Louis
Nathan Dragisich JR MF Duquesne
Edvin Akselsen GR MF Rhode Island
Christian Buendia r-SO MF Saint Louis
Nico Cavallo JR D Davidson
Michael Hong r-SR D Loyola Chicago
Zach Drayer GR D Rhode Island
Alberto Suarez GR D Saint Louis
Lane Warrington GR D Saint Louis
Justin Grady SR GK George Washington

2022 A-10 Men's Soccer Preseason Poll

School (First-Place Votes) Points
1 Saint Louis (13) 193
2 Rhode Island 170
3 VCU (1) 154
4 Fordham 141
5 Loyola Chicago 128
6 Dayton 125
7 Duquesne 116
8 Saint Joseph's 115
9 Massachusetts 87
10 Davidson 72
11 La Salle 56
12 George Washington 51
13 George Mason 36
14 St. Bonaventure 26

I’m surprised VCU is that high…their “far and away” best player last year is now with St. Louis FC Next….and playing very well. They must have recruited at a decent level.

41 minutes ago, courtside said:

Pre-Season Best 11 and All-America.

SLU:

Top Drawer Soccer:

John Klein:  3rd Team. Best 11.

Mads Stistrup Peterson: Freshmen Best 11.

…………………

College Soccer News:

All America Teams:

First Team:

Alberto Suarez

2nd Team:

John Klein

……………….

Great recognition for John Klein, Alberto Suarez, and Mads Stistrup. Looking forward to another great season.