SLU Men's Soccer Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Men’s team just scored inside the 1st minute and a half against the Bonnies 

It’s 4-0 now, 17 minutes into the first half, and they had a 5th goal called off for offsides.

• SluSignGuy changed the title to SLU Men's Soccer Thread (2020 - 2021)
21 hours ago, courtside said:

SLU will be the #2 seed in the four team Conference Tourney at Dayton. They play the 2nd game Thursday. 

Once again, Courtside, thanks for the updates.  I especially liked you including the tweets with the highlights.

Do we know if any of the tourney games will be on ESPN+?

almaman likes this

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

CG, c'mon man. A10 has a deal with ESPN+. You know the answer, lol.

I don't keep up with it well enough to know that.  Good to hear.  Now I just have to remind myself when the games are.  I get most of my Billiken news while eating lunch at my desk Monday through Friday.

6 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I don't keep up with it well enough to know that.  Good to hear.  Now I just have to remind myself when the games are.  I get most of my Billiken news while eating lunch at my desk Monday through Friday.

-I hate it when the jelly oozes from the sandwich and drops on my keyboard

cgeldmacher and Bills71 like this

24 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Once again, Courtside, thanks for the updates.  I especially liked you including the tweets with the highlights.

Do we know if any of the tourney games will be on ESPN+?

I often post as I watch the game before I see highlights. Then I post highlights later if/when they are posted. 👍

cgeldmacher and almaman like this

35 minutes ago, SLUBALLS said:

All our losses have been 1-0 games.  We responded well to back-to-back losses to the Dukes and Dayton and opened up a can of whoop-ass the last two games.  Need to keep up the momentum as we hit the A10 tourney:image.png.449ca2ef7e6c18fddb9676350cb6e761.png

Yep, scoring draughts have cost SLU Men this season, both in and out of conference. That 1-0 2OT loss at Marquette with 5 seconds left stings, as Marquette has had a very good season, and, is 9th in RPI. SLU is 50th.

SLU needs to win both games in the conference tourney, and, both are very winnable. 

9 minutes ago, courtside said:

Yep, scoring draughts have cost SLU Men this season, both in and out of conference. That 1-0 2OT loss at Marquette with 5 seconds left stings, as Marquette has had a very good season, and, is 9th in RPI. SLU is 50th.

SLU needs to win both games in the conference tourney, and, both are very winnable. 

What makes that Marquette loss so difficult to swallow is the missed PK by Becher.