SLU Men's Soccer Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Anybody know if there’s any chance the men’s soccer game will be on ESPN+ On Wednesday? Might go dual screen for double the Billikens action!

My guess is it will be. Every soccer game was streamed last season and it would be a massive oversight to have not figured out how to stream every game of every on campus sport realizing that fans would not be able to attend.

Reinert310 likes this

some of these espn+ soccer broadcasts are really bad. I can't remember if it was a mens or a womens game but one was horrible. I felt like the guy read a bit about soccer or played up until his 8th grade year and that's the extent of his knowledge. A pet peeve of mine is "he/she got the ball 1st so it shouldn't be a foul" 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

some of these espn+ soccer broadcasts are really bad. I can't remember if it was a mens or a womens game but one was horrible. I felt like the guy read a bit about soccer or played up until his 8th grade year and that's the extent of his knowledge. A pet peeve of mine is "he/she got the ball 1st so it shouldn't be a foul" 

It's not ideal. Some are head scratchers.

The SLU Men's game this past weekend had a different viewing angle because the game was not played in Marquette's Soccer Stadium. It was on one of their two practice fields next to it. (one grass one field turf). Seasonal bubble, less than $5 Million cost. (Seasonal bubbles are a thing in some cold and or snowy climates.SLU women just played in one too in Indy. I know Cincy has one etc...)

As for tv viewing, similar to any game, any sport, if pxp/analyst/broadcast is good or decent, I will do sound some of the time. If it's not, or if I have something else going at the same time, it's a sound down/mute game for me. It's not for everyone, but I don't necessarily need sound, at least part of the time. 

I appreciate that so many more games are available via ESPN+. Sound or not.

slufanskip likes this

30 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Unfortunately it’s not looking like it’ll be streamed. 

That's an unfortunate change from the original schedule. The game was moved from on campus at Butler to the indoor facility. Friday's game will be the same indoor location as today in Indy. We will have to wait and see about Friday as well. SLU Women defeated Xavier at the same place.

(The Men practiced in Earth City Indoor Facility over the weekend where the Women played Saturday night.)

1 minute ago, courtside said:

That's an unfortunate change from the original schedule. The game was moved from on campus at Butler to the indoor facility. Friday's game will be the same indoor location as today in Indy.

Yep I think it’s fair to say that none of them will be streamed. The women’s stream at Lou Fusz was surprisingly well done considering the limitations 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Yep I think it’s fair to say that none of them will be streamed. The women’s stream at Lou Fusz was surprisingly well done considering the limitations 

I did see the Women's game on ESPN+. I was editing my post when you posted to mention that SLU Men did practice in Earth City over the weekend where SLU Women defeated Illinois St.