GDT: Arch Baron Cup Rd 1

wgstl

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slufan13 said:

Craziest stat to me...we had 2 offensive rebounds and one of them was a "team rebound"

That is crazy.

I think that tells us they were all just a step slow.

I hate making excuses but I’m going to go ahead and make excuses for this one. The time off won this game.

I’m circling 2-19 on the calendar it’s going to be a beat down.

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I've been wondering that too. Not just with Jimerson but really all out shooters. French seems way less willing to pass out of the post this season. It was quietly a really good skill of his

We're also just not shooting from the perimeter enough, period. Going backwards- Dayton, UMKC, Minnesota, NC State, Indiana State - we're getting off 16 or fewer attempts in each game. We started the season shooting 20+ per game. We came into tonight 6th in the nation in 3P% and 314th in 3PA - the mark of a team not shooting enough.

And then 3-13 tonight.

I know matchups figured into it, and fatigue tonight, but we were somehow finding ways to get the ball to Perkins and Jimerson outside the 3-point line earlier this year and that's mostly stopped. We have good passing bigs and a great PG. We need to regain that perimeter threat or all the statisticians are going to turn on us.

slufan13 likes this

1 minute ago, johnbj14 said:

I can’t wrap my head around why we insisted on switching every ball screen with Crutcher. Or why guys consistently went under when they didn’t switch. Pick someone to guard him and fight through the screens. 

55-55, 4 minutes left, and Goodwin/Perkins both leave Crutcher wide open at the 3 point line because they’re confused who should stick with him. Was unbelievable 

Just now, johnbj14 said:

I can’t wrap my head around why we insisted on switching every ball screen with Crutcher. Or why guys consistently went under when they didn’t switch. Pick someone to guard him and fight through the screens. 

Yuri is too small to guard to Crutcher.  They are certain guys who have your number and Crutcher has our number.  But if we dominate the boards and get easy baskets that doesn't matter. The guys are clearly not back to form yet.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

We're also just not shooting from the perimeter enough, period. Going backwards- Dayton, UMKC, Minnesota, NC State, Indiana State - we're getting off 16 or fewer attempts in each game. We started the season shooting 20+ per game. We came into tonight 6th in the nation in 3P% and 314th in 3PA - the mark of a team not shooting enough.

And then 3-13 tonight.

I know matchups figured into it, and fatigue tonight, but we were somehow finding ways to get the ball to Perkins and Jimerson outside the 3-point line earlier this year and that's mostly stopped. We have good passing bigs and a great PG. We need to regain that perimeter threat or all the statisticians are going to turn on us.

There was a lot of talk on here prior to the pause about how teams basically don't help off Jimerson so he's constantly guarded and how Ford needed to design him some looks. Probably couldn't get that new wrinkle into the offense given the short practice window but it really needs to happen soon. 

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

And then 3-13 tonight.

A lot of our threes early in the season came in transition.  We need to re-establish the timing necessary to get the transition game going again.  Richmond and Rhode Island want to run so that should help some.

Pistol likes this

48 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Honestly not sure I blame the long layoff. Dayton played really well and we did exactly what we did against Minnesota 

I'm sorry but this just shows a complete lack of understanding what kind of condition you have to be in to play a basketball game at this level, forget coming off a sickness that causes respiratory issues. We practiced for 4 days and I'm sure they weren't going as hard as possible. Why don't they just start the season after 4 days of limited practice. 

Guarding Crutcher is hard, it's even harder when you're not in peak condition and are a half step slow

52 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Billikens terrible from the three-point line. Jimerson, Perkins, jacobs, and collins have to get it together. We will win exactly zero games with this kind of 3 point performance. Awful. Jimerson needs to take more shots, perkins needs to give us the threes I know he can deliver

You think they were at full strength?  any possibly their legs were a bit tired? 

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I'm sorry but this just shows a complete lack of understanding what kind of condition you have to be in to play a basketball game at this level, forget coming off a sickness that causes respiratory issues. We practiced for 4 days and I'm sure they weren't going as hard as possible. Why don't they just start the season after 4 days of limited practice. 

Guarding Crutcher is hard, it's even harder when you're not in peak condition and are a half step slow

If you honestly think 20 year old college athletes had "respiratory issues " you've sadly been brainwashed .  Please research how many athletes have had serious cases of kung flu vs how many of the supposed "positive " cases experienced absolutely no symptoms at all. 

You will find that virtually no athletes have had their physical health affected by kung flu.  As for their mental health , you may have to inquire about their political views and time spent on the internet and watching 3 letter news stations to figure that out .

6 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

F.ck yea. I'd boycott Billikens.com also if I was you

Ok I'm gone , just dropped in to complain about the 3% capacity 

Should've never wasted my time but wanted to complain somewhere about the 3% capacity .

Have a good night 

Maga

I

6 minutes ago, youjustgotKMed said:

If you honestly think 20 year old college athletes had "respiratory issues " you've sadly been brainwashed .  Please research how many athletes have had serious cases of kung flu vs how many of the supposed "positive " cases experienced absolutely no symptoms at all. 

You will find that virtually no athletes have had their physical health affected by kung flu.  As for their mental health , you may have to inquire about their political views and time spent on the internet and watching 3 letter news stations to figure that out .

You're a funny guy

7 minutes ago, youjustgotKMed said:

Holy sh$t I wish we were watching this at a bar together so I could take you outside and shut you the fu@k up. 

2 minutes ago, youjustgotKMed said:

Ok I'm gone , just dropped in to complain about the 3% capacity 

Should've never wasted my time but wanted to complain somewhere about the 3% capacity .

Have a good night 

Maga

I

Remember be strong. Keep the boycott going. You can do it. I believe in you 

2 minutes ago, BJK said:

Holy sh$t I wish we were watching this at a bar together so I could take you outside and shut you the fu@k up. 

I think I had Kmed's mom as a customer today. She said the Dem's were putting mind control drugs in the Covid vaccine. I'm conservative and I can't help but say wtf... and just laugh

BJK likes this