GDT: Arch Baron Cup Rd 1

wgstl

I'll just never get over that the guy we're most familiar with continues to perplex us in every way. We can't guard him one-on-one, we give him unlimited room off screens, there's no help defense, we never force him to his weak hand, we never find ways to frustrate him. Why? We have more game footage of this guy than anyone else in the league. Guard him.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About what I expected.  Not the offense or the team defense we saw before the break.  Got outrebounded.  Our sluggish start allowed Dayton to control the game.  As expected, Crutcher took over late and put the game away. 

Hope the guys can get off to a better start on Friday.  Richmond will try to turn that game into a half court execution contest as well.

I also think we’ll be fine. We didn’t look that bad, Dayton slowed the game down and hit some really tough shots. I had some qualms with our substitutions but I also don’t have the benefit of knowing who was back in playing shape following cardio.

The one complaint I do have is that every time we are playing poorly, our instinct seems to be to put in Thatch and go inside to French/Linssen. I think that hurts us offensively and makes it difficult to come back in games. 

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'll just never get over that the guy we're most familiar with continues to perplex us in every way. We can't guard him one-on-one, we give him unlimited room off screens, there's no help defense, we never force him to his weak hand, we never find ways to frustrate him. Why? We have more game footage of this guy than anyone else in the league. Guard him.

Agree Pistol...I still never forget how we lost at home last year by letting crutcher get the ball on the inbounds...never should have happened..and to make it worse jacobs let him  catch the ball while he was moving toward his basket...double team him and let someone us beat us 

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

It has to be on Ford. We have seen on multiple occasions now his inability to adjust in-game.   I have been so pro-Ford, and for good reason... he has certainly saved the program from where Crews had it headed. But in the Minnesota game, and now tonight, I am finally starting to see some merit in the UMass and OK State fans’ assessment of him not being able to coach in-game.  We are better than both of those teams... the Minnesota loss I can live with... they’ve beat good teams at their place. But tonight is inexcusable 

mrjoelabs likes this

1 minute ago, NH said:

I also think we’ll be fine. We didn’t look that bad, Dayton slowed the game down and hit some really tough shots. I had some qualms with our substitutions but I also don’t have the benefit of knowing who was back in playing shape following cardio.

The one complaint I do have is that every time we are playing poorly, our instinct seems to be to put in Thatch and go inside to French/Linssen. I think that hurts us offensively and makes it difficult to come back in games. 

I agree. That lineup gets some stops but just doesn't mesh offensively

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

It's crazy that our bench was shorter than ever after a 30 day layoff. 

Seemed like Ford could’ve utilized his TOs better as well. I really don’t understand not throwing in Hargrove for a stretch whenever the offense looks like total sh t. Like what do we have to lose 

6 minutes ago, willie said:

Agree What happened to our inside out game. Certainly weren’t looking for him . 

I've been wondering that too. Not just with Jimerson but really all out shooters. French seems way less willing to pass out of the post this season. It was quietly a really good skill of his

SLU_Lax likes this

6 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Sports will certainly miss you.

I love sports but I hate communists more. 

ACC and SEC arenas have 50% capacity , since when was SLU so liberal , is this not missouri .  Shameful .

Also bc of chaifetz awseome acoustics if we even had 20% capacity wouldve def helped . 

If ppl want to risk .0000000001 chance of dying from kung flu to see bills play . Who has the right to say they can't ????

What's really going on here?

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, majerus mojo said:

Seemed like Ford could’ve utilized his TOs better as well. I really don’t understand not throwing in Hargrove for a stretch whenever the offense looks like total sh t. Like what do we have to lose 

I know its meaningless but I would have had Hargrove over Thatch at the end. Thatch had a great stretch in the first half but he struggled in the 2nd half. Unrelated but I was curious how he would respond to covid given his health situation last year 

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He just owns us. Why I don't know. This team LOST TO FORDHAM.

Digest that for a second.

CBFan likes this

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I can’t wrap my head around why we insisted on switching every ball screen with Crutcher. Or why guys consistently went under when they didn’t switch. Pick someone to guard him and fight through the screens. 

I figured crutcher would kill us, just didn’t think it would be enough. 

we killed ourselves with the shot selection and early TO. 

I worried far more about Friday then I did today, now I’m really worried. 2. Losses against nets of these two is damn near Catastrophic

8 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

It's crazy that our bench was shorter than ever after a 30 day layoff. 

I definitely noticed this too.  Goodwin, French, Perkins and Collins all played over 30 min. 

Another thing I didn't understand, needing three's in the last 90 seconds, why are French and Collins on the floor instead of Jacobs and Hargrove? 

CBFan likes this